Nation Name

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rolleyes: Then what about those OTHER Roman cities? :p

Originally posted by Chieftess
Can I embarrass myself infront of dictionary.com? :p (of which it's not even a word...)

um.. think dirty, very dirty :D On the othre hand, I don't think I wanna be the one that gives you the definition :p

EA

Originally posted by Plexus
Because of all of your sick minds... I propose we go with Fanaticus!

I was hoping someone would come to their senses, Plexus.

Fanaticus is a perfect name. We are calling on the Gods to make Fanatics of us. Hail, Fanaticus!

Originally posted by Cyc

I was hoping someone would come to their senses, Plexus.

Fanaticus is a perfect name. We are calling on the Gods to make Fanatics of us. Hail, Fanaticus!

Ya know when I first supported Fanaticum I didn"t even think of that:eek: But Fanaticus is growing on me!

I can deal with Fanaticus, although it sounds too much like someone's name: Augustus, Brutus, Spartacus, Plexus...... :D

I was playing around with the Latin-Enlish dictionary and came up with this this one:

Infragilis: meaning unbreakable, strong

Let us choose a name whose meaning we must forever strive to uphold. Vivo Infragilis!

Again: 'Romantica' (Because 'romance' is derived from 'roman' - and because SPQR looks so much better thann SPQF -
- and because E. A. Poe is a romantic and the author of the tales of mystery and imagination - and mystery and imagination are the things we're dealing with here.)

But of course: Fanatica (with a 'c') would work pretty good (much better than 'Fanaticus' or 'Fanaticum' or something similar.)

Thats pretty sad, we now aren't going to use a name people liked because some brats started giggling? Great...just great.

Originally posted by Immortal
Thats pretty sad, we now aren't going to use a name people liked because some brats started giggling? Great...just great.

Appearantly. And the 15-year-old male (ME!) was more mature than they were. Hmmm...

It is perfectly within our rights not to like a name. I think that is a better reason for not liking a name than "I just don't", or "We used that before".

Feel free to put it in the poll, if it is elected thats fine with me. I just don't like it. Don't get so upset just because some people don't like the name you chose, you'll have a tough time in life if you do.

Well, if we have no more suggestions, I'll make a poll...

Originally posted by Immortal

This from the one who claims to be "unsuitable for minors." Are you sure there wasn't some subliminal motivation at play here, Morty? :lol:

Originally posted by Shaitan
I'd do it as mulit-choice and have people select all names that they can live with. The top selections would then go into a single elimination poll.

I was planning on doing that. I'll make the thread in a bit.

Since the poll is now up I would like to take this opportunity to argue why we should call our nation Fanatica in Demogame III.

1).
In DG I we were know as Phoenatica and in DG II we were known as Fanatika so there is some logic in calling ourselves Fanatica this time. Some people say 'not again' but since we are fanatics our homeland really should be Fanatica.

2).
The civ we play has had a bearing on the spelling of our name but we have always been Fanatica in pronunciation. We are now Romans and this too should influence our choice of name. In Latin countries were feminine and ended in an 'a' Africa, Brittania, Caledonia, Germania for instance. Fanatica fits that perfectly. Fanatica also sounds so much better than other choices too.

In conclusion when you vote for your nation, VOTE FANATICA and vote for a glorious future

Top Bottom