Nation States / City States Evolved

Good Idea?

• Total voters

amongus

Chieftain
A lot of the time when playing on larger maps, there are large open areas where civs don't end up settling for a while. This is especially true when playing larger Earth maps where a particular civ might not spawn, leaving an open space that ruins immersion.

In Civ 5 there was a mod called City States Evolved that enabled city states to build settlers and settle additional cities, usually only one or two, if any. Each "city state" was converted to a "nation state" and renamed appropriately with a brief list of city names accompanying each one. While Civ has plenty of major civilisations, this change adds in more flavor to the game, since realistically there are rarely only city states. More commonly, there are multiple minor nations, albeit some that may have a single city.

I'm not a modder, and I wouldn't even know where to start, but I do think this would be a good idea for a mod. I couldn't find any similar mod in the Civ 6 steam workshop, so I'm writing this here for anyone who knows modding and might see this as a good idea.

Also, I'm open to any suggestions on what to look into to mod it myself, and whether it's a hard or simple change to implement – I assume the latter.

Top Bottom