1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nation States - Civ Players Nation

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Fanatic Noob, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Fanatic Noob

Fanatic Noob King of Noobism

Nooo! We need our cars, wheres yours sanity? I will not allow to ban cars...

2. Ceoladir

Ceoladir Come Fly With Me

As transport advisor, I highly recommend banning cars and putting money into public transportation. :mischief:

3. Duke Blackstone

Duke Blackstone John Marchman

Anyone mind me transferring to your region? Just found the link in Gamerz's sig.

4. Duke Blackstone

Oh and my nation:

The Republic of Scientia Fateor

“Knowlage Made Known”

Category: Capitalist Paradise

Civil Rights: Good Economy: Thriving Political Freedoms: Good

The University of Scientia Fateor is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Logan with an even hand, and notable for its parental licensing program. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 2.241 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palo Alto. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 30%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Gambling.

High food prices have reduced the national diet to staple foods and water, businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors, and religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scientia Fateor's national animal is the white elephant, its national religion is Buddishacationism, and its currency is the Agnitio.

5. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

Welcome :)

6. west india man

west india man Immortal

7. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

I can still welcome him! Whats happened here anyway?!

8. Duke Blackstone

No idea. :) sad that it died like this... But to keep it alive: A new nation has come requesting aid with her decisions, Scientia Fateor. After the assassination of many of her leaders, the one remaining member of the government, President Logan, has come to this community of history and political buffs for help and advice. (cue West Wing theme)

The Issue

The Debate

and:

The Issue

The Debate

The Government Position is...? At the moment, my priorities are growth and the education system. Current stats: Very Good, Thriving, Very Good, 2.353 Billion

9. Ceoladir

5 char

10. Duke Blackstone

@ #1 I wouldnt say that is necessary. After all, I am immortal unless all my base belong to Monty.

Some more stats on S.F., and the region in general:

Government Category: Capitalist Paradise
    Government Priority: Education
    Economic Rating: Thriving
    Civil Rights Rating: Very Good
    Political Freedoms: Very Good
    Income Tax Rate: 28%
    Major Industry: Information Technology
    National Animal: white elephant
    National Currency: Agnitio
    Total Population: 2,353,000,000

Government Budget Details
    Administration: $0.00 0%
    Social Welfare: $0.00 0%
    Healthcare: $3,578,538,052,273.60 19%
    Education: $6,592,043,780,504.00 35%
    Religion & Spirituality: $0.00 0%
    Defence: $4,331,914,484,331.20 23%
    Law & Order: $188,344,108,014.40 1%
    Commerce: $565,032,324,043.20 3%
    Public Transport: $1,506,752,864,115.20 8%
    The Environment: $1,883,441,080,144.00 10%
    Social Equality: $188,344,108,014.40 1%

Scientia Fateor Economic Statistics
    Exchange Rate: 1 Agnitio = $1.0637
    Gross Domestic Product: $53,782,629,851,519.82
    GDP Per Capita: $22,857.05
    Unemployment Rate: 3.48%
    Consumption: $35,238,528,000,000.00
    Government Budget: $19,416,918,352,000.00
    Government Expenditures: $18,834,410,801,440.00
    Goverment Waste: $582,507,550,560.00
    Exports: $6,208,842,348,329.82
    Imports: $6,499,151,298,250.00
    Trade Deficit: $290,308,949,920.18

CFCopia Economic Statistics
    Gross Regional Product: $564,246,646,338,573.25
    GRP Per Capita: $26,788.52
    Regional Population: 21,063,000,000
    Regional Average GDP: $28,212,332,316,928.67
    Largest GDP: The Imperialistz ($232 trillion)
    Smallest GDP: Quernmore ($1.16 billion)
    Largest GDP Per Capita: Ensonivakia ($46,827)
    Smallest GDP Per Capita: Quernmore ($82.57)
    Largest Trade Surplus: Serrland ($813 billion)
    Largest Trade Deficit: Ensonivakia ($322 billion)

11. Fanatic Noob

GamezRule asked for update, so here it is:
    17 days ago Civ Players was reclassified from "Libertarian Police State" to "Father Knows Best State" because religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else.

New issues:
    Issue 1 - Taxpayers On Strike!
    The latest budget reports have marked a steady decline in Civ Players's monthly income. A study initiated by your treasurers has revealed that many of your nation's citizens are not paying their taxes.

1/ "Damn right we're not!" exclaims Colin Summers, one of many citizens protesting in front of your office. "Your oppressively high taxes are picking our pockets and robbing us of our livelihood. No more, we say! The government may call us tax cheats, but that's just because it's afraid to call us the PATRIOTS that we are! Cut the tax rate, and we'll think about paying again."

2/ "Civ Players can't survive when people don't pay their taxes!" retorts Bill Johnson, the head of Civ Players's Revenue Bureau. "Citizens may feel that they need to keep all of their Golds, but the government needs it too! Without taxation, how can we build roads, schools and hospitals? How can we protect the people from themselves? We need to give the police broad powers to lay down the law on these tax-evading scum until they pay up."

3/ "Scum is such a harsh word. Everyone has something worthwhile to contribute, as my mother always said." says George W. Li, controversial social theorist and fountain of homespun folk wisdom. "Even if they won't pay their taxes, folks ought to have other ways to pay back into society. They could spend some time with the civil service or military reserve, for example. And goodness knows, blood and organ donation rates aren't as high as they could be. A pint of blood or a good kidney ought to pay a tax bill right proper."

Issue 2 - We Need Cash, Sharpish, Say Librarians
    Ailing libraries have appealed to the government for a much-needed injection of funds.

1/ "Our libraries are in a dreadful state," says distressed librarian, Charles du Pont. "This year we had to cancel our subscription to 'Playboy' and over half of our shelves are stacked with pamphlets from the Pizzeria across the road. We need more books and better standards. If there were more perks in this job then maybe we'd get some decent employees! If it needs a whole lot of government funds to pay for it all then so be it!"

2/ "Now hold it right there!" says manager of the local MEGA-BOOKS store, Chastity Gutenberg. "I employ twenty-four people and we are dependent upon people paying us money to buy books, magazines and newspapers from my store. How can you even think about giving our tax Golds to these people so they can put us out of business? 'Course poor people won't be able to afford our wares but they'd only use them for fires or somethin'. Let our libraries die."

3/ "I'm all for giving our libraries more money," says Education Minister, George W. Wall. "But we certainly shouldn't just let them spend it however they please. We need an elected board to oversee all purchases and acquisitions made by our library system, promoting educational literature and keeping out smut. That way we can keep nudity out of the hands of children. We can make sure none of those political satires and newspapers that insult our government affect the weak-minded amongst us too. Then our libraries will be something to be proud of."

4/ "Great Scot! I've got it!" exclaims Roxanne McAlpin, your science advisor. "Why do we need these brick and mortar buildings anyway? Let's just scan all these books, newspapers and magazines onto the internet and then we can fire all those expensive librarians with their pensions and healthcare benefits. Think of the money we'd save if we didn't have to print everything! Sure it'll be tough on the librarians and those with no computers but hey, this is the future and they are the past."

12. Duke Blackstone

2/ "Civ Players can't survive when people don't pay their taxes!" retorts Bill Johnson, the head of Civ Players's Revenue Bureau. "Citizens may feel that they need to keep all of their Golds, but the government needs it too! Without taxation, how can we build roads, schools and hospitals? How can we protect the people from themselves? We need to give the police broad powers to lay down the law on these tax-evading scum until they pay up."

4/ "Great Scot! I've got it!" exclaims Roxanne McAlpin, your science advisor. "Why do we need these brick and mortar buildings anyway? Let's just scan all these books, newspapers and magazines onto the internet and then we can fire all those expensive librarians with their pensions and healthcare benefits. Think of the money we'd save if we didn't have to print everything! Sure it'll be tough on the librarians and those with no computers but hey, this is the future and they are the past."

13. Ceoladir

Duke, where did you get all of that economic information?

14. Duke Blackstone

Google nationstates GDP calc

15. Fanatic Noob

New issues:
    Issue 1 - Compulsory Gun Ownership?
    This weekend, a citizen's group calling itself Gun Owners of Civ Players has petitioned Congress with a controversial bill making gun ownership compulsory.

1/ "This is a very important step to securing the rights and lives of our families and controlling the government," urges noted gun ownership proponent Fleur McGuffin. "Not only would it significantly decrease crime, but it would also effectively stop government tyranny in its tracks. Of course, this also means that every wacko and their cousin will have a gun, but don't worry, you'll have a gun to defend yourself from them, so it will all work out."

2/ "While the Gun Owners of Civ Players have the safety and security of our people in mind, it would simply be impractical to enforce," comments Police Chief Calvin Gutenberg. "A better option would be to legalize, and encourage use of, concealed carry laws, which would allow responsible citizens to keep firearms with them at all times, on their person, to kill any wacko or their cousin who they think is threatening them."

3/ "Compulsory gun ownership?! Concealed carry?! Are these fools nuts?!" rants an enraged Million Mummy March activist. "We don't need any of these things! What we need is complete gun registration, so that the government can track down dangerous people, like those people who possess unregistered weapons."

Issue 2 - A Capital City For Civ Players?
    As Civ Players continues to grow, so too does its government. The number of politicians needed to administrate and legislate the country is rapidly surpassing the Houses of Parliament's capacity with ministers often requiring periscopes to see the House Speaker. Some are suggesting a new building be built in another city - a city which would then be designated as the capital city of Civ Players.

1/ "I would like to make a humble recommendation for my own proud jurisdiction," says Billy-Bob Clinton, mayor of one of Civ Players's major cities. "It would be an honour for our city to be host to the seat of power! If it will seal the deal, you can change the name if you like..."

2/ "Hah! Capital city indeed!" shouts Jennifer Wong, a fervent anarchist, spilling leaflets all over the floor. "What's wrong with being free as the wind? Do you really think one city could possibly represent a whole country? Its people? I've had enough of the man trying to screw us down all the time! Say NO to a national capital!"

3/ "I can accept and even approve of having a capital city," says Freddy Falopian, a military strategist. "But we'd be putting all our eggs in one basket if we choose somewhere too vulnerable! Believe me, capitals always get the brunt of the enemy attack because of their political and economic importance. We should put aside a few billion Golds and build our capital city underground. They'll never bomb us there!"

4/ "I've got an idea," says theme park tycoon, Lindsay Tew. "My company will happily sponsor the new establishment and cover all costs - as long as it's made to our specifications. We've already got plans drawn up to put a roller coaster straight through the House of Commons! A cafe, some kiosks for ice cream... maybe even a water slide or two in the lobby! It'll be one part legislative seat of government, one part family-fun theme park! Tourists will flock from around the globe!"

5/ "What's wrong with the old building?" asks Colin Hanover, a noted disestablishmentarian. "We don't need some kind of fancy capital city just to make the bigwig ministers feel important! If there's no room, then fire politicians until there IS room. Have you never heard of doing more with less?"

Here is link with Civ Players stats:
    http://nseconomy.thirdgeek.com/nseconomy.php?nation=Civ+Players

16. Ceoladir

Me votes.

17. serek000

serek000 Chieftain

Alright! I'll take it :)

18. Ceoladir

Dang, my trade surplus of 13 billion yesterday turned into a trade deficit of 40 billion today. :mad:

19. Fanatic Noob

1 day, 2 hours ago:
    - Following new legislation in Civ Players, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy.
    - Following new legislation in Civ Players, libraries are bulldozed to make way for internet cafés.
    - The average income tax rate is 43%, but much higher for the wealthy

New issues:
    Issue 1 - Computer Users Fed Up With Heaps of Spam!
    A survey citing a tremendous increase in unsolicited emails has added fire to the subject of what many view as a scourge of the Internet.

1/ "The spam problem is out of control," states anti-spam advocate Jennifer Dredd. "I get at least fifty spam e-mails a day. That isn't even counting the spam people are posting to my newsgroup and to my messageboard. This junk is a waste of time in that I have to delete it and a waste of my money in that I have to buy anti-spam programs-which hardly work anyway. People get swindled by this stuff - it should be a crime, just like regular fraud."

2/ "A ban on all spam is a restriction on our freedom of speech and on the freedom of the press!" screams Fleur Frederickson president of Citizens for Internet Freedom. "What is the government to say what is and isn't commercial spam? Could they haul charity representatives off to jail for seeking donations? Could they jail politicians for using e-mail to try and gain votes? Could they arrest me if I accidentally send my erotic novel-in-progress to the wrong address? Seriously, spamming is a subjective offense and as such should not be considered a crime."

3/ "Both sides are wrong," grumbles government paper-pusher Randy Wu. "Spam is definitely a problem, yet so is the restriction on freedoms which some draconian anti-spam codes would impose. I propose a ban on overtly fraudulent spam, and a tax on more legitimate businesses that rely on spam as an advertising method, and a strict legal definition of spam that would ensure no innocent person was prosecuted or taxed."

Issue 2 - Diving For Golds
    Divers from a local scuba club have discovered an enormous underwater gold deposit that could be worth billions of Golds in one of Civ Players's lakes. It has also caused a huge debate over who should be allowed to plunder the goods.

1/ Chastity Steele, a cabinet member, would like the government to seize the deposit. "This is an excellent time to boost Civ Players's economy and increase our foreign trade with other countries! Who cares about the people that discovered the deposit? They've done their country a great favor and should let us have the money!"

2/ Bill Rubin, a civil rights activist, vehemently disagrees. "The deposit was found by private citizens and it should be their choice of what to do with the gold. If the government goes around stealing what is rightfully ours, then I shudder to think I live in such a corrupt country. These people discovered the gold, it's now their time to get rich! Nevermind the fact they were diving in a lake on government property!"

3/ "We should do what now?" Environmentalist Larry Frederickson exclaims. "Do you have any idea how damaging it would be to the environment to mine the gold under that lake? Think of all the aquatic life that would be disrupted or destroyed! Think of how an otherwise pristine lake view would be ruined! Forget the gold and keep those money-grubbing pigs away from nature!"

20. Ceoladir

Me Votes.