1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nation States - Civ Players Nation

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Fanatic Noob, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Darth Caesar

Darth Caesar Might be a Wizard

1 Soon our clone army will conquer the world.

2. NedimNapoleon

NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

3. Fanatic Noob

Fanatic Noob King of Noobism

1 option voted down then (3 votes vs 2 unknown votes). Decision done.

New two issues:

Issue 1 - Civ Players Awash With Red-Rimmed Eyes

National marijuana consumption has hit an all-time high, with alarming results, a new poll has found.

1/ "My factory's productivity is down ten percent since marijuana was decriminalized," complains employer Aaron Barry. "And the number of thefts from the candy machine is off the scale. This so-called 'pot' needs to be banned in all public places. Let the junkies do what they want at home, but not in my workplace."

2/ "Whoa, dude, no need to get, like, you know," so says Free Your Mind campaigner May Falopian, from his parents' basement. "This is, like, a personal choice issue, you know. It's like... whoa, just back off what I want to do with my own body. Don't let the fascists win, man. There are some hot new eckies coming in soon, they should be legal too."

Yeah. Do not let the fascists win - is my opinion on this issue.

Issue 2 - Social Inequality Reaching Embarrassing Levels

Commentators have warned that Civ Players's social inequalities threaten to make it an international pariah.

1/ "Look, I don't like it either," so said Chamber of Commerce spokesperson Falala Chicago. "Just on the way here, I had to step over three homeless people, and one of my shoes got caught on a beggar. But inequality is the price we pay for economic strength. If anything, we need fewer taxes, so those of us who are well-off can afford to be more generous. If we want to, that is."

2/ "I think we've forgotten what economic strength is all about," so says social worker Colin Love. "The economy is meant to be a means to a high standard of living, not an end in itself. It's become an excuse for the rich to prosper while the poor fall through the cracks. Not everyone is poor because they don't feel like working. We must provide more welfare."

3/ "Who says we're an international pariah?" demands military honcho Jazz Love. "What are their names? If that's the way the international community feels, we obviously need to prepare for war."

Hm... Hard issue. I have no suggestion here. Every solution have it's flaws. Votes?

Edit: Welcome NedimNapoleon, want to join us as religious or culture advisor?

4. Darth Caesar

Darth Caesar Might be a Wizard

1 on the first, 3 on the second.

5. west india man

west india man Immortal

6. Ceoladir

Ceoladir Come Fly With Me

1 on the first one, 2 on the second.

7. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

2 on first, 3 on second. XD

8. Ceoladir

Great, now move it to our region!

Password: Weplayciv

9. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

That doesn't appear to be the password; i'm attempting to move my nation, the Proletarian Dictatorship of Mechaerikistan (New York Times Democracy) to this CFC region.

10. Ceoladir

Sorry, I fixed it in my above post.

11. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

im temporarily blocked from moving my nation to password protected nations for now; too many incorrect entries.

12. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

Success! Mechaerikistan now resides inside CFCopia.

13. Fanatic Noob

We have tie in both issue votes. So I wait for science advisor to tomorrow about 13:00 GMT, eventually I will do decisions based on votes on my own.

Hi mechaerik. Maybe you want to join Civ Players Nation as culture or religious (spiritual) advisor?

14. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

I vote for 1 on Clones, BTW

15. NedimNapoleon

NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

1 on both of Fanatic noobs

The increasingly militant Animal Liberation Front struck again last night, freeing dozens of chickens bound for delicious snack packs.

The Debate

"These nuts have got to be stopped," demands concerned consumer Alexei Jefferson. "They need to face the fact people want snack packs, no matter how many innocent chickens must be sacrificed. Besides, chickens would do the same to us if they had the chance."

"These Liberationists are highlighting an important issue," pleads Buy Rifkin. "Too often, animals are put through needless cruelty, just to make their flesh taste a little more deliciously succulent. I'm sure we could ban the more horrific abuses without putting too much of a dent in our national obesity figures. Couldn't we?"

"Animals have feelings too!" yelled protestor Colin Mombota, before being set upon by hungry passers-by. "Free the animals! Ban meat-eating!"

Economist Anne-Marie Clinton has an alternative. "You don't need to take away the people's right to choose. You just need to build the costs of animal suffering into the price. A tax on meat-eating, in proportion to the amount of cruelty involved, would do the trick. Plus think of the benefit for the national coffers! Of course, poor people wouldn't be able to afford meat, but that's just more incentive for them to get jobs."

16. Fanatic Noob

7 hours ago:

Following new legislation in Civ Players, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
    Citizens pay a flat income tax of 30%
    hard-working population of 12 million

I decided to dismiss Social Inequality issue. Civ Players nation is too young for wars, we also cannot cut on tax, or rise welfare. I decided also to continue to support marijuana (even in public) due to it's healing advantages.

My cat was crazy surprised about that

New issue: Citizens Struggle Under "Unfair" Tax Burden

A recent poll has revealed high levels of dissatisfaction among the populace about tax rates.

1/ "Do you know how much of my year's work goes to the government?" demanded angry worker Freddy Longfellow. "Too much! Government spending has gotten way out of control. It needs big cuts in welfare, health, and education. But leave those subsidies to business alone. We need them to create jobs."

2/ "It's not the AMOUNT of tax, it's where the burden falls," so says student activist Freddy King. "And at the moment, far too much of the burden is falling on the poor. People on high incomes still have more money than people on low incomes. I don't think I need to say anything more than that."

3/ "I don't object to the amount of tax, I object to where it's being spent," so says social reformer Zeke Hanover. "I'd like to see everyone have a choice as to where their Golds go every time they fill out a tax return. Everyone would feel a lot better about opening their wallets if they had a say as to where the money went. I think you'd see a lot more public money going to education and a lot less to business."

I think that all those 3 answers suck, so I rather want to dismiss issue. Tell me if I am wrong, lets debate.

To NedimNapoleon: Sadly I am lame in all chicken issues, so I cannot help you there, I would dismiss it. Also if you want your votes count for me to help run Civ Players nation take one of advisor roles: culture or religious (spiritual) as it is better to role playing then...

17. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

For Nedim, I suggest #2. Its not as extreme as banning meat, but it does help a little.

I decline a position as cultural and spiritual advisor at this point in time. Instead, I will be a lobbyist.

18. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

@ Tax ~ 2.

19. west india man

west india man Immortal

Rich can be milked a LOT more than the poor.

20. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

BTW, what are we aiming to achieve with this nation?

Mine is trying to be a hippy nation