Nation States - Civ Players Nation

Fanatic Noob

King of Noobism
I was bit bored so I started today new nation in Nation States 1. Maybe some of you know this browser game. And the result:

Here is Nation Link:
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=civ_players

I run on despotism principles of Civ1, so country is as is. Classified as Corrupt Dictatorship at start ;)

Full name: The Rogue Nation of Civ Players (The Rogue Nation part can be changed later when nation grows)

National Flag:

Civil Rights: Good Economy: Reasonable Political Freedoms: Rare

We are:
-remarkable for its compulsory military service (voted so while creating nation)
-compassionate, cynical population of 5 million
-ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government
-citizens are relatively unoppressed

Our enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of:
-Law & Order
-Commerce
-Education

(that are current priorities, can soon change)

-The average income tax rate is 37% and much higher for the wealthy
-Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Gambling :lol: (they must know that our citizens love to play illegally their under tables Civ games) :lol:
-Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force
Civ Players's national animal is the OH Dear
Currency is the Gold

We are located in THE PACIFIC, and we have invites from 3 other regions already: Xcursion, Europeia, and 10000 Islands. I think that I ignore them for now, as there are 3 pages of the text saying which region of them is best...

Other hidden but important decisions I did while creating nation:
-Marijuana is strongly legal
-Corporations are strongly our best friends
-We care about our criminals
-We think that world need to rediscover it's spirituality
-Our citizens have compulsory one year military service
-We strongly believe that Capitalism is on the way out
-We strongly disagree with democracy
-We agree that is more important to deter criminals than try to rehabilitate them

(your comments here would be welcomed anyway)

I have set to 2 issues per day, and our current first issue is: Should Democracy Be Compulsory? with 3 possible options in short: (1/ civil rights activist vote against, 2/ political commentator votes for 3/ brother advises to ban elections at all...

Now why I post here, because I need your FEEDBACK (yes, yes). Actually, me as supreme ruler of such nation need 4 advisors with such positions currently in vacancy:

1. Military Advisor: VACAT
2. Domestic (Economic, Trade, Etc) Advisor: VACAT
3. Foreign Advisor: VACAT
4. Science Advisor: VACAT

So you see, 4 advisors, very in Civ1 like theme ;) If you feel you match to any of such roles, and you know a bit Nation States (it is not needed but advised at all) you can start here. But remember, that me, as supreme ruler, can dismiss any of advisors, or ignore their advises even without any reasons :D Well, I will try to be civic this time anyway...

From now clock is ticking, after 24 hours if there will be or will not a feedback I will make first issue decision. I think I will follow my brother and I will ban demo...cra...ergh elections at all... ;)

Great :) Supreme Leader of Civ Players is saying hello to you. And I am still looking for advisors :D

Oh, and I call science advisor!

I'm getting endless telegrams trying to make me join a different region... any point?

Welcome as Science Advisor then :)

About those telegrams I messaged them in public: "Guys sending invites have nothing better to do? lol..." and then "Oh, I as Supreme Leader of Civ Players, thank you so much for so great full invites of yours :) I will print them all and put them on the walls of my private room ;)" and I got about 2 more invites after ;D 8 total now! :D No time and wish to read them, but I think we can move to almost empty region named "PWNage" where my very old nation resist, so maybe they will stop with those invites then... ;)

I got a utopia in the making and a dystopia.

Utopia:

Spoiler :
The Democratic Republic of Britostan is a very large, safe nation, notable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate population of 137 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising fourteen-year-old boys selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.

All weapon research has been banned, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, people are moving into treehouses in record numbers, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Britostan's national animal is the parrot, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the King.

Britostan is ranked 56,915th in the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.

Dystopia:

Spoiler :
The Most Serene Republic of The Holy Devil of Evil is a huge, devout nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 358 million are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, pro-business morass -- is mainly concerned with Defence, although Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of 666th layer of Hell. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 14%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Gambling.

The nation has recently been attributed to the funding of terrorist organisations, citizens who fail to follow the official national religion are executed, a survey of the nation's rivers and children has shown that pesticide levels are at an all-time regional high, and murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour. Crime is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. The Holy Devil of Evil's national animal is the Evil cat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Evil dollar.

The Holy Devil of Evil is ranked 13th in the region and 3,760th in the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.

Great... Now the region have 5 nations. My nation still looking 3 advisors ;) west india man and Omega124? Would you call some function? :)

I have 2nd issue already: Corporations Demand Political Say. I gave them possibility to donate money to support a political party as gambling industry spokesperson asked. I have still pending vote on "Should Democracy Be Compulsory?"...huhhuh

Great... Now the region have 5 nations. My nation still looking 3 advisors ;) west india man and Omega124? Would you call some function? :)

Make that 6 nations, I moved my dystopia there as well.

I'll be the Leader of the Anti-Corruption squad and Minister of Domestic Affairs. Make democracy compulsory.

Oh, done. It is what I wanted anyway ;) But ... my corrupted little brother will hate me for this :D

Hi Darth Caesar. Wanna join Civ Players as advisor? Military and Foreign advisors are still vacat :)

Ok, so here we come... Update time.

85 minutes ago
- Following new legislation in Civ Players, voting is compulsory.
- Following new legislation in Civ Players, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians.
- Civ Players was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".

Civ Players is ranked 5th in the region and 35,863rd in the world for Most Godforsaken.

Visible changes in Nation Profile:
- economically powerful nation, remarkable for its strong anti-business politics (so it looks as I did mistake while creating Nation by miss understanding this line about capitalism, so corporations are legal, but small business is not lol - now we have to work hard to move nation to sea of capitalism)
- hard-working population of 6 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- juggles the competing demands of:
-Law & Order,
-Commerce,
-Education (priories still the same)

The average income tax rate is 32% (-5% wow)
Economy: Very Strong (change from Reasonable)
Political Freedoms: Some (change from Rare)

Current Advisors:
1. Military Advisor: VACAT (hope that Darth Caesar will take this role or someone else)
2. Domestic Advisor: west india man (and Leader of the Anti-Corruption squad - lol well done)
3. Foreign Advisor: Omega124
4. Science Advisor: Abaddon

And now... Current issue: OH Dears On The Dinner Table?
In a bid to provide a new revenue stream for Civ Players's Beef-Based Agriculture industry, it has been suggested that OH Dears could be added to the menu.
There are 3 possible votes, or ignoring this issue.
1/ Adding them to tables, because their "population is out of control", says so Beef-Based Agriculture spokesperson Zeke Jefferson
2/ random passer-by Roger Thiesen, says that something should be done, but not want to eat them, just shoot them
3/ SPCA President May du Pont is "shocked and appalled" that such was proposed at all, because "The OH Dears were here first".

So, what you as advisors propose with this issue? I must say with pity that I am not have formalized opinion still on this issue, but 1st have benefits for beef based business, while 2nd option run them only on control, without benefiting to any business, while 3rd option is to protect the OH Dear population at any price because "The OH Dear is part of what makes Civ Players a great nation!". I think that Domestic advisor opinion would be most appreciated in this issue.

The population is getting out of control. It needs to be eaten.

It will also stop some corruption as threatening to kill and eat one of them to people who don't like meat-eating is now much harder, due to it being done all the time.

Top Bottom