National Epic produces too many artists.

roidesfoux

Warlord
I have a city with the Globe Theater and National Epic. It has two merchants, an engineer, and a scientist. 5 turns after it produced a great person, I checked back. The percentages for the next great person were: Artist - 33%; Scientist - 16%; Merchant - 33 %; Engineer - 16%. But the city should be producing 4 Artist GPP, 6 Scientist GPP, 12 Merchant GPP, and 6 Engineer GPP, resulting in a probability distribution of 14%/21%/43%/21%. Is the National Epic malfunctioning, or is there something I don't understand?

-RdF

Attachments

• NationalEpic.JPG
    NationalEpic.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 86
roidesfoux said:
I have a city with the Globe Theater and National Epic. It has two merchants, an engineer, and a scientist. 5 turns after it produced a great person, I checked back. The percentages for the next great person were: Artist - 33%; Scientist - 16%; Merchant - 33 %; Engineer - 16%. But the city should be producing 4 Artist GPP, 6 Scientist GPP, 12 Merchant GPP, and 6 Engineer GPP, resulting in a probability distribution of 14%/21%/43%/21%. Is the National Epic malfunctioning, or is there something I don't understand?

-RdF

The percentages are not dependant on the number of GPP's, but on the number of sources for great people. In this case, 2 Great Artist sources from the 2 wonders, 1 Great Scientist source from a scientist, 1 Great Engineer source from an engineer, 2 Great Merchant sources from 2 merchants. Check this article for more details.

Top Bottom