National Ministry of the Arts, Music, Literature, Religion, and Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Shaitan, tell the same to octavian due to his appointing me his second in command.

It's informal and unregulated. No poll is needed as there is no actual power bestowed. Governors can appoint an Acting Governor to do their duties during a Forum absence but that is a temporary position that evaporates with the return of the Governor.

No, he wants a person to do things to represent province 7 at the turn chats should he be absent.

With a decent build queue and improvement instructions there's not much need for governors to attend the turn chats. If he wants you to officially represent the province we need to change the laws. It's not as scary as it sounds - just start a discussion thread on the topic and I'll help you along.

curufinwe, I just read your recent posts for the 7/10 (tonight's) chat. 4 overrides of building queues in one day. That's definitely a record. Too bad none of the overrides changed anything. I suggest you slow down and stop worrying about inter-departmental matters. You still make requests for funding as you normally do. The only reason you feel you need to override is because you waited until the day of the chat. Have you looked at the list of approved requests or accepted offerings (that changes each time an improvement mentioned in the offerings or requests is posted in the Instructions). I believe it's about post #13 or so of the Budget Requests thread.

Your overrides were basically what was posted at the time of the overrides. Plus the fact that the worries both you and Falc share about the Aztecs is over-blown. The Aztecs are in AWE of our Culture. The improvements in the cities of Province #7 and #9 are such that we will expand our borders soon. The happiness and growth of those cities is assured. I am sure that future rushing of more Cultural improvements in this area are on the horizon. There is no need to panic.

Sorry, but I don't have the time to put into actually looking up all of these build queues, and the worries are well founded in my opinoin, they're right beside several few hundred culture cities, and thus must be able to stop a flip. There are more things in heaven and earth Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
My point being is that their are more things to think of then you already have.

Culture flipping is more based on the overall strength of the civ's culture, I think. I'm not sure that it needs be a huge worry for us in our current situation. I could be wrong, but then how the hell do I explain how I once managed to flip a japanese city with culture that was near their capital city using a pop 1 no culture town way away from my own capital? I think we're pretty safe.

Eklektikos, as usual you are correct. There are other variances that come into play, but a Nation's Culture seems to be the main factor. I also agree that there's not much to worry about here.

@ curu - if it's part of your Leader position to look up build queues to correctly make Cultural decisions, don't you think you should be doing that, oh great Nero? Trust me, I've already been through the build queues and all the extrapolations. You may be able to speak better about DNA and splitting atoms, but don't think you're worlds above me in this game, lil pup.

Of course, but there are limits on what a person can and can not do. I'm covered in work to do every day, and what little time I can devote to the forums I do, and I didn't have the time, and with roughly what I said was "whatever it is I hereby over ride it to a University or such" because build queues are ephemeral things that can change quickly. And next of all, I do not think that I am worlds above you in Civilization 3, I was stating that you were overlooking a few facts. Also, Never make any statements about my age, never, unless you desire me as an enemy, and lil pup is just that kind of thing, treating me inferior due to my age.

Culture flips have several factors including relative distance from the respective capitals, overall culture and city tiles that are within the cultural borders. We definitely have the culture advantage but we are quite outgunned in the other categories. Culture flip is a genuine concern.

In any case, the Culture Leader can modify the build queues so long as the criteria are met (does not control entire culture sphere due to foreign cultural borders or does not control it's city radius due to lack of culture expansion. Whether funds are given to rush the buildings is an entirely different issue.

I'm leaving a week so I leave punkbass in charge, if he's not here Octavian if he desires so, if not Strider.

Please vote in the Council Vote stated above. It is located here. Thank you.

I'm back, hope Octavian could keep things together, if not I'll choose sike to aid me next time.

There is a Council Vote in session for the appointed posistions of BCLG and Stuck_As_A_Mac for provincial governorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom