National wonders or not?

Thunderbrd

C2C War Dog
Whisperr is working on putting stars on building buttons where they need them and one issue that came up is many achievements are in the main building list... shouldn't they all be national wonders or am I missing something?

They are not national wonders if you can't build them with :hammers: ie cost is -1
But you should never be able to construct more than one! That's the definition of a national wonder! What xml is stopping heroes from being able to construct an another achievement of a previously constructed sort in some other city?

They are defined as National Wonders in the Building Class XML. I was just saying that they were not National Wonders as far as the star on the icon indicates because they can't be built with :hammers:.

I suppose that makes them to National Wonders what Great People buildings, eg Academy, are to normal buildings.

They should be showing up in the National Wonder part of the pedia.

Then again the Pseudo National Wonders like the Myths and Stories (but not Story) buildings are also National Wonders but they are not defined as such in the XML. I could do that but then it would count towards the limit of National Wonders in the city and would not be pseudo any more. I would like a "Small National Wonder" section in the pedia which would cover all these and others we currently have and the other small infrastructure national organizations.
Whisperr is working on putting stars on building buttons where they need them and one issue that came up is many achievements are in the main building list... shouldn't they all be national wonders or am I missing something?
Yes they should all be showing up as National Wonders in the current pedia. Sorry I misread your question.

What xml is stopping heroes from being able to construct an another achievement of a previously constructed sort in some other city?
Assets\XML\Buildings\CIV4BuildingClassInfos.xml, line 21694 (in case of scientific achievement): <iMaxPlayerInstances>1</iMaxPlayerInstances> - I think that should be it.

Edit: Sorry, (almost) concurrent posting.

If it fills one of the national wonder (NW) slots in the city then it is a national wonder because it count's toward the maximum amount of NW a city can build.
Spoiler A NW always have this line in the buildingclass xml :
<BuildingClassInfo>
<Type>BUILDINGCLASS_X</Type>
<iMaxPlayerInstances>1</iMaxPlayerInstances>
<DefaultBuilding>BUILDING_X</DefaultBuilding>​
</BuildingClassInfo>
If not then it is not a NW.

If it is defined as a National Wonder in the XML, MaxPlayerInstance = 1, then it fills one of the National Wonder Slots a city can build. That is the definition in BtS vanilla.

The extension set of achievements have been coded incorrectly. They are not defined as National Wonders. Not only that I can't find where they have been defines to be able to be built by GP units, and I know the Safety one can!

Still searching

Conclusion: Some of the Achievements have been coded wrongly. They have been coded as buildings and not National Wonders so they can be built in every city giving you multiple boosts.

They should be showing up in the National Wonder part of the pedia.
Which alone means they should also have a silver star. This is getting resolved. She's making the effect buildings and such not have a star and the achievement core building have one.
Conclusion: Some of the Achievements have been coded wrongly. They have been coded as buildings and not National Wonders so they can be built in every city giving you multiple boosts.
This was what I thought. Just wanted us to be clear on this.

Are you fixing these or would you like me to do it?

Also, connoisseur club - star or no star. They have a gold star in the buildings list right now.

The only effect in the national wonders is Effect - Department of Foreign Policy. This has no start so does it require a silver star?

Are you fixing these or would you like me to do it?

Also, connoisseur club - star or no star. They have a gold star in the buildings list right now.

The only effect in the national wonders is Effect - Department of Foreign Policy. This has no start so does it require a silver star?
I am still having computer issues so if you could fix them that would get them done.

If I remember rightly the Clubs are normal buildings that you can build in every city. The Wineries are the Group Wonder buildings but using my method so they need to converted to the new method.

The Wineries are supposed to provide a number of the resource and the Clubs require the resource. This means that you can build many Clubs if you trade for the wines.

(I would add two or three Whiskys, a Cider, a Gin, a Rice Wine and a Vodka to the list of wineries mostly because of the number of games where the only plant resource I had was potatoes. Or at least as subset.)

Top Bottom