Nationality assimilation

Fix what? Your culture changes during the game. Just because you picked one culture at start doesn't mean you will stay that culture, or even become that culture.

For example lets say you picked the Greeks as your civ. They are European base so different European cultures can develop if you have the right resource nearby. Then you take over say a Japanese city. Now you empire has an Asian influence to it was well as European. As a result Asian cultures can develop in your empire too.

The more regional cultures you assimilate, the more cultures you can unlock. If you do not like this then turn assimilation off and you will only get the cultures within your region.

Fix what? Your culture changes during the game. Just because you picked one culture at start doesn't mean you will stay that culture, or even become that culture.

For example lets say you picked the Greeks as your civ. They are European base so different European cultures can develop if you have the right resource nearby. Then you take over say a Japanese city. Now you empire has an Asian influence to it was well as European. As a result Asian cultures can develop in your empire too.

The more regional cultures you assimilate, the more cultures you can unlock. If you do not like this then turn assimilation off and you will only get the cultures within your region.

no i wasnt refering to this. in the city screen when you look at the nationality of the city you see for example 98% greek. now do you understand what i mean

Speaking of the cultural assimilation, would it be possible to share cultures among vassal states? I find myself prolonging wars and refusing vassals/capitulation based on needing one of their cities to farm their culture.

On topic: I think I've noticed a dramatic increase in nationality conversion upon conquering cities also. Was any work done on this, or is it my imagination?

What that would likely be a matter of is the cultural output of cities is vastly improved with a lot of new buildings, thus, when you take a city, you're plugging out a lot more culture than the initial formulas for that would've expected. I guess that doesn't bother me much but it might be interesting to take a look at HOW thee percentages are actually calculated to see if some balance factors are off and how we can adjust the formulas to reflect that fact.

What that would likely be a matter of is the cultural output of cities is vastly improved with a lot of new buildings, thus, when you take a city, you're plugging out a lot more culture than the initial formulas for that would've expected. I guess that doesn't bother me much but it might be interesting to take a look at HOW thee percentages are actually calculated to see if some balance factors are off and how we can adjust the formulas to reflect that fact.

the fact that is unbalanced is sure . after 5 turn the city turns to your nationality is not balance

the fact that is unbalanced is sure . after 5 turn the city turns to your nationality is not balance

Are you referring to cities near your borders? I know that often when I strike at a city, my culture is usually surrounding it heavily already, so that means its influence has already been working on the people of the city long before it is conquered.

I just remembered... the game option... influence driven war. Turn it off when you start your next game and see what happens. You're probably half earning the city's populace over as you take the city.

I just remembered... the game option... influence driven war. Turn it off when you start your next game and see what happens. You're probably half earning the city's populace over as you take the city.

yea but the same problem i remember existed long before rom was realeased ( influence driven war wasnt added by mods?) . i will try but still i thing that you should fix it even with infuence driven wars this is unrealistic

this is a measure of culture present in the city tile if I remember correctly, are there any mechanics that remove enemy culture on capture?

Yes, put in a bunch of cultural bomb units, Story Tellers, Celibs or G Artists and bomb culture. "They" removed the "Bard" and "Entertainer" unit because such an action was seen as a cheat since the AI does not know to do it.

I don't usually worry about it myself... usually just push the war to the point where I finish off the enemy which makes that civ's culture in that % bar completely disappear. (Thus why I don't like vassalage as is being discussed elsewhere.) I just take it as stimulus to plan the war so it can be quick and lethal.

Top Bottom