nations

First: I really support REDY to next UN Secretary General. Now we only need to buy an island, claim our own Republic, not being attack by the British Navy, and join the UN! :D

Talking more seriously now, we need a civ in southern half of africa, because it's most of the time empty. Or, at least, make the Natives more prone to settle. As I have said... somewhere (maybe in this thread, maybe not), in the colonial era could appear some settlements emulating the ones made by civs not present, as independent cities. So if the major civs don't want it, the minor nations take the lead. Don't know if the AI will catch the idea, but without trying we have no means to know it (or I haven't).

Maybe a "grab for africa" should be made easier by the Ai rather than having it filled with another civ...

Perhaps some sort of system could be worked out where the first to explore a bit of african coastline will get a free city later on if no one colonises it later.

For example the first european ship to sail past Mbanza Kongo should be noted...and then a few hundred years later if its still not taken then it will flip to them (to represent trading influcence and a slow takeover).

I have a more simpler idea. Just put some goody huts on the area, well defended by Impis, for example, so Mansa Mussa doesn't take them. When Europeans come, they blow up the Impis with their powerful cavalries (or some other sort of advanced unit), and what's inside from time to time?... Tadaaaaa!!: a settler!! And what does the AI when she finds a settler? Simple: settle down and found a city! OK, they can have gold, maps, or nasty barbs. She won't get a tech because she is too advanced to get one, but from time to time, a city or two will appear, because of those goody huts!

Still two african civilizations should still be included: the Moroccanian (historically: The Almoravids, the Almohads, the Marinids who once even conquered Timbuktu!) and Aksum/Ethiopia/Abessinia, which lasted from the Salomo-times till today! Remember the Queen of Saba/Bilqis, a nation which once conquered Yemen. They had also strong relations to the Sudan who was Christian up to the 13/14th century. Expansion to the South could be prohibited with mountains and jungle (for settlers).

And for a new Asian civ: Consider Siam/Thailand/the Khmer or Burma or Vietnam. Hey, they build the Angor Wat!

1.-I don't see the point of having Moroccanian, because they will have a small spawning area (three cities, as a maximum: Rusadir, Carthage and Timbuktu), and low chance to survive to Spanish (that 100% of the time owns the first city, the second is always conquered by Romans -and I don't remember any Moroccanian-Roman war-, and only for having the third destroyed, you can either put a barb uprising on the right date -to the end of the 14th century-).

2.-Ethiopia/Abyssinia would be great. Jungles will not prevent them to go the south, because settlers can cross the jungles (I think, I have never tried). And a huge mountain chain will distort completely the map, and will be totally unrealistic. Instead, I'll favour regular barb uprising to keep them in the center of Africa.

3.-Khmers were already mentioned, and I'm agree to have them.

Top Bottom