Native America Mod

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Unexisted, Feb 12, 2004.

1. smaknis1

smaknis1 Chieftain

Hey guys, i have been searchin these forums for a very long time and it was only today that i created an acount. Being a Mikmaq myself i was draw to this thread over any other because i think it would be sweet to use my nation which i know so much about already to obliterate their european enemies. Unfortunatly I cannot becuase this mod is for conquests, although i read about you guys thining of making an updated version. This is definetly a project I would love to be a part of and maybe this time we can make the mod for civ gold or play the world users.

- The Smaknis

2. Lepakko

Lepakko Chieftain

Hello to everyone,

In case here are still people interested in this mod, I wanted to let you know I've been tweaking it quite a lot lately. Like a lot of others here, when I played this mod the first times I found it awesome, except for some flaws that I thought were disturbing the gameplay. Since I thought these flaws would be rather easy to fix, I started playing around with the rules of the game a bit, trying to make it a bit more interesting and balancing it to be more realistic. Some of the changes include:

- Removing three tribes, but adding nine more. So in total there are now 29 tribes, which are spread more evenly in both South and North America. I also modified the starting locations of all of the tribes to be more realistic in the Americas Map by Col. Kraken.

- I tweaked the old governments a lot and added two more, one to the nomadic era and one to the kingdom era. Now there are two governments plus the first one to choose from in the nomadic era, which should increase the variety. Also, Blood Cult no longer needs forced settlement and the rate caps have been modified for all of the governments.

- The map has also been modified pretty much. As already been pointed here, there should be no mountains in the midwest area, and I also thought the Caribbean area plus Amazon need to be redone.

- There are also a lot of small gameplay things that are supposed to balance the mod more and reduce loading times of the mod, for example not allowing cities on tundra or desert, tuning the barbarians a lot, adding a few improvements and finetuning the abilities and strengths of the units.

In the zip file I've included two biqs, one with the Americas map and one with a random map, but playing with the map is recommended. Since I haven't added new graphics, the size is small, but the negative thing about it is, that the leaderheads are quite repetitive. In my test runs, I didn't find any crashing, but in case that happens to someone, please report about it. I also updated the Civilopedia to check the units' and governments' abilities. The text file has a full list of the changes made, is not necessary for the mod, and it is also included in the zip file.

So, be sure to try out the update if you're interested and tell me what you think. Any feedback is appreciated.

--Lepakko

Attached Files:

3. civ4us2006

civ4us2006 Chieftain

Great mod. One of my favorites. No problems playing it.

4. Cannae

Cannae Philosophy of Poverty

This looks like a very GOOD mod!!!! may I use the sounds,leaderheads and text for my Indigenous America mod???.I like especially since I am Sioux thanks!!!!

5. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

You're a Slavic Sioux that lives in South Africa:dubious:

6. Cannae

Cannae Philosophy of Poverty

And your point is???

7. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

It's about as normal as an Aboriginie living in Russia.

8. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

My new goal in life: To find a small community of Aboriginies living in Siberia.

9. richie22147

richie22147 Chieftain

Ok, i have no idea what i am doing wrong but after i download the files, there is always an error and it crashes. so could someone please put detailed instructions for what i am supposed to do to be able to play this mod? because i am clueless...

10. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

You download both the .biq and the art and text files (in one folder) to the Conquests/Scenarios folder.

11. richie22147

richie22147 Chieftain

that still doesnt help me out very much...where are the folders and how do i download them?

12. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

They are located in C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization 3\Conquests\Scenarios. You put the .biq (the map) and the files in that folder. You download them from the first post.

13. IBot

IBot Chieftain

Make Ahiutzotel the Aztec Leader!:sniper: ::wavey: :wavey: yeah:

14. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

You realize of course that this mod hasn't been worked on for years, don't you?

15. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Deity

So what he likes it :goodjob: serious Man, :) whats the deal with this one. does she run, or not. I want to shove it on my mod mantle, thats If the pedias complete.

Took a quick look and ya could be cool. Flowing through a standard epic for a good read. would be a good change, as I have taken a keen intrest in Canada'a Native backround. The tech tree would be a interesting adventure, Again if its complete.( Pedia supported, I mean)

So what can you tell me Alcosta. Any quick facts?

16. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

It's got 16 civilizations, mostly North American natives, with some Meso-Americans and the Inuits, it's played on a random map, and it's pretty fun.

17. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Deity

Well it got your approval and that counts for something. You forgot about my references to the Peida, whether its compatible or not.(complete) .Its no biggie, Im doubting it anyway, but I'll give her try. Thanks

18. Lepakko

Lepakko Chieftain

Heh, I didn't even remember anymore the original Mod had only 16 civs and no America map... My version (downloadable a few posts above, but needs the other updates to the mod found somewhere in this thread) uses around 29 civs or so. I checked the civilopedia of the version I'm using, it seems to be quite complete.

19. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

Umm, I think it is. To be honest, I never looked at the pedia. And the reason I remember is because I recently played it.

20. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Deity

Cool thanks guys . I was hoping so. Historical supporting info(not info that supports game rules) is why I want to play. Like my first post said I want to learn more about my Canada's natives. the city I live in has roughly 100000 natives most objiwa but others to. We have a replica trading post called Old Fort William that replays old fur trading days for tourists., giving native, a few of my friends jobs renacting their customs. Any way boring you all but Thanks I hope its there. I would love to read up while I enjoyed the mod.

Take care, truly T.A :hatsoff: