Native American Scenario (Work in Progress)

turfcat

Prince
Hey there here's a scenario I've been working on in my spare time. Let's consider it a beta for know, as I'd like to have some people try it out and give feedback so I can make some corrections before posting it. Its called,

Rise of the Iroquois Nation

It's based on the Great Lakes region in the early 1500s.
Here are the factions.

Playable Civs Non Playable Civs

Iroquois Confederacy England
Huron Confederacy France
Odawa
Potawatomi
Micmac
Maliseet
Abenaki
Mahican
Sauk & Fox
Kickapoo
Algonquin
Dakota
Illinois
Meniminee
Winnebago
Beothuk
Ojibwe
Erie
Susquehannock
Attiwandaron
Tobacco
Miami

Only Native American Civs are available. The goal is get control of the Great Lakes region. Forming good relations with France and/or England is important here, as they are the only ones who possess the resource "gunpowder" which is necessary for building Native Musketmen.
I've tried a few games and it's interesting how France and England ally with various tribes against other tribes (historically accurate) and then later declare war on each other (also historically accurate).
I've used many units and graphics from various modders and will credit those modders accordingly when I post it as complete.
Keep in mind that this scenario is a work in progress and I would very much welcome any comments.;)

Here's the files,
http://www.atomicgamer.com/directory.php?id=6608

I will post some pics later.

I've had a look at it and it's a good start.

I notice that you've put some of my very first leaderheads in there; I've done some more polished native LHs since which didn't make the cut - so it was a welcome back to my starting days as a LH maker. They were, it has to be said, shocking ;). I do have it in mind that my next project once ADII has been completed is to do an updated set of Native American LHs, so watch this space!!

There are some units whose civilopedia pics haven't been linked correctly and in fact due to not having a link for at least one of the leaderheads, the game crashes when you go into the civilizations section of the civilopedia.

One note on the gameplay - the six nations confederacy wonder, whilst a good idea is (in my opinion) wasted as an "increases chance of leader appearance"; I'd have thought that to be a good wonder to have as an "initiates the possibility of a diplomatic victory" wonder.

There are some units whose civilopedia pics haven't been linked correctly and in fact due to not having a link for at least one of the leaderheads, the game crashes when you go into the civilizations section of the civilopedia.

Thanks Rob,
Did u notice which leaderheads or units causes the game to crash. I'd like to fix them. With the exception of this, does the the game play properly on your comp?

By the way, I really appreciate the input.
Do you have any other Native American leaderheads that I could use?
I'd like to replace and/or add some.
Thanks.

Just checked this and it's the ArawakSMALL file that's missing - so just reduce the ArawakLARGE to 32x32 and call it ArawakSMALL and it'll work. I think you'll need to check you have everything in the leaderheads folder as well - when I just tried the mod and retired, it wouldn't go to the "dartboard" screen, as there were missing files. This doesn't cause the game to crash though.

Here's links to some of my later Native American leaderheads (although these are all a few years ago now!!):

Pocahontas
Chief Rain-in-the-face
Three Andean leaderheads

when I just tried the mod and retired, it wouldn't go to the "dartboard" screen, as there were missing files. This doesn't cause the game to crash though.

The mod was made with the original civ3 conquests (no 1.22 expansion). I noticed that sometimes that creates issues when you try to play it with the expansion.

Top Bottom