Native city

I like this for a "Native American" civ, but I would actually like to implement both a Sioux and Iroquois civ in my mod, so the merger of the two styles of Native American housing wouldn't really work.. how hard would it be to make a separate city style with just the longhouses (there's already a teepee-only city style, no?)

You can "split" a single cityset over 2 artstyles. There's no need to request a new .nif file. It isn't that hard, you just need to check which building has what reference and xml it to the right artstyle. :)

You can "split" a single cityset over 2 artstyles. There's no need to request a new .nif file. It isn't that hard, you just need to check which building has what reference and xml it to the right artstyle. :)

Oh.. ok, then. Great! I haven't really poked about the graphics much obviously...

great work!

This looks awesome!

I'm new at dealing with graphics/modding. I did figure out (I think) how/where to add the new native ARTSTYLE entries and how to reference the .nif file. On the other hand, I don't know where to reference the two .dds files. Where do these come into play if I may ask?

Thanks!

This looks awesome!

I'm new at dealing with graphics/modding. I did figure out (I think) how/where to add the new native ARTSTYLE entries and how to reference the .nif file. On the other hand, I don't know where to reference the two .dds files. Where do these come into play if I may ask?

Thanks!

.dds files are embedded in the .nif file. There's no use xml'ing .dds files.

Well darn. I updated CityLsystem.xml, PlotLsystem.xml, CivilizationInfos.xml, GlobalTypes.xml, and the current scenario's WBsave file in the scenario's publicmap folder, but I still end up with generic city graphics (nothing crashed upon loading at least). Any ideas what I might have forgotten?

Try your changes out as a mod first. See if that works. When I xml a new cityset in, I don't even need to adjust anything in globaltypes.xml

Try your changes out as a mod first. See if that works. When I xml a new cityset in, I don't even need to adjust anything in globaltypes.xml

That didn't make any difference (it shouldn't since I had modified the map file accordingly). I just loaded the mod itself, without the scenario.

Would you mind terribly having a look at these xml files? Maybe I missed something...

Attachments

• NativeCityFiles.zip
    23.6 KB · Views: 63
That didn't make any difference (it shouldn't since I had modified the map file accordingly). I just loaded the mod itself, without the scenario.

Would you mind terribly having a look at these xml files? Maybe I missed something...

Hi, there

Your xml seems to be pretty clean. I load it and everything worked. The only thing is that a lot of anicient eu stuff appears in the ancient age. A lot of these building have xml only for classical era till renaissange.

E.g. this one:

<ArtRef Name="generic:native_city.nif::2x1_02">
<Attribute Class="Era">ERA_CLASSICAL,ERA_MEDIEVAL,ERA_RENAISSANCE</Attribute>
<Attribute Class="ArtStyle">ARTSTYLE_NATIVE</Attribute>
<Attribute Class="Scalar">iBatchGroup:1</Attribute>
<Attribute Class="Rotation">0,180</Attribute>
</ArtRef>

add an ERA_ANCIENT:

<Attribute Class="Era">ERA_ANCIENT,ERA_CLASSICAL,ERA_MEDIEVAL,ERA_RENAISSANCE</Attribute>
</ArtRef>

happy that you like my work:)

Chamaedrys

(...)add an ERA_ANCIENT:

<Attribute Class="Era">ERA_ANCIENT,ERA_CLASSICAL,ERA_MEDIEVAL,ERA_RENAISSANCE</Attribute>
</ArtRef>

happy that you like my work:)

Yeah! I love what you've done with this. It's right in the style of the scenario I've been working on. :goodjob:

I'll go ahead and add the Ancient Era material above. Can't wait to see it work as intended! I plan on releasing that in my scenario's next update, if that's OK with you. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to look over my coding!

---------------------------------------

EDIT

We got Teepees in AD1640!

Now... you wouldn't by any chance have a smilie popping a cork out of champagne bottle, would you? ;)

I thought you'd like this Ambreville. I kept forgetting to point you to it though. Looks great in your screenshot.

Top Bottom