Natives never leave villages, why?

scottfreitas

Chieftain
Been playing a We The People game for a few days, 2.8 version. Finally noticed that the Natives never leave their villages, never move across the map, never do anything but just... stand there.

Mousing over their villages, I can see they have plenty of units made. sometimes 8-10 or more.

But all I can see on the map, for every tribe, is the one "Fortified" until displayed atop each village.

There is no unit movement at all. Never had been.

Any ideas what might cause this? It sure makes for a boring game... and a boring map. ;/

Been playing a We The People game for a few days, 2.8 version. Finally noticed that the Natives never leave their villages, never move across the map, never do anything but just... stand there.

Mousing over their villages, I can see they have plenty of units made. sometimes 8-10 or more.

But all I can see on the map, for every tribe, is the one "Fortified" until displayed atop each village.

There is no unit movement at all. Never had been.

Any ideas what might cause this? It sure makes for a boring game... and a boring map. ;/
Maybe its related to difficulty level. I accidentally started a game on an easy level and everything felt very stagnant. Can't remember if the natives were standing still like that though.

Well it's definitely happening to me. So boring. nothing ever moves on the map, other than the Europeans...

I did alter some of the XML files a bit, but I never did anything connected with Native AI movement... no idea why the native AI went brain-dead. :(

For troubleshooting, it would probably be best as a first step to copy back the unaltered XML files and let a few turn pass, use the world editor to place a few scouts on the map so you see if anything happens. If nothing moves, try a new game without any altered files, only the files that came with the game. If still nothing moves, try to reinstall the entire mod and start a new game, still no movements at that stage and you could submit a save game for someone else to try.

As far I remember there is also a setting that shows the movements of the natives, maybe the natives move but it's just not shown when you play your current game.

Top Bottom