Natural Disasters

Nate128

Bow to your king.
I think Civ 4 should add in a part of Simcity 4 where like random disasters like earthquakes and stuff. If an earthquake strikes on of your cities you could lose certain improvements. Or if like a mine collapses the citizen working that square could be killed. Or if you have a coastal city, it could be hit by a tidal wave and lose half its population.

Half the population? That's a tad much for a completely random event. You suffer that kind of damage from a nuclear explosion (although, with Hydrogen Bombs, that may be underestimated, but that's beside the point). BTW, if a mine collapses, it does not kill thousands of people (the value of a single population point). Random events are just too random to have major effects. There can be random events, but nothing gamebreaking.

I think that the random events should range from devastating to irritating. For example, a freak wave could wipe out a transport. That would usually be pretty irritating but not too disruptive. On the other side, an earthquake could wipe out a small village or army. A hurricane could sink a fleet and all of a city's naval improvements. As long as they vary, it would be very cool.

Anyway, most games with random events allow you to turn them off if you don't like them.

Top Bottom