1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Natural Wonder Ideas

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Gyra Solune, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Gyra Solune

Gyra Solune King

So what kinds of Natural Wonders do you think should be added into the game?

I've got more than a few -

Yonaguni Monument - +4 :c5culture: Culture, +4 :c5happy: Happiness

Spoiler :

Angel Falls - +1 :c5food: Food, +5 :c5culture: Culture

Spoiler :

Mammoth Cave - +2 :c5science: Science, +10% Tourism, provides Cavern Explorer promotion (unit may move through mountains (double speed for Carthage))

Spoiler :

Grand Canyon - +1 :c5greatperson: Great Person point of all types (spans multiple tiles akin to GBR)

Spoiler :

2. Doktor Vic Tim

Doktor Vic Tim King

They all look interesting, but I'm not sure about the "Move through mountains" thing. That should be limited to Carthage. Sure, Kilimanjaro steals Inca's ability, but some other UUs has the no penalty movement on hills.

3. MKDELTA3

MKDELTA3 Warlord

Dead Sea

4. Galgus

Galgus Emperor

Yeild-wise, I think Mamoth Cave should give a bit more, at least some production.

Grand Canyon's bonus is interesting, but I'd probably also give it production.

This may be too much time with Spain talking, but I think Natural Wonders should be head and shoulders over every other tile in the game.

5. arkguy

arkguy Warlord

Like them all! I think the Grand Canyon should get at least +1 science as it give a good look into how the earth is made up and +2 gold for tourism.

6. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

The tourism bonus is interesting, although I would change that so that the late game, the buildings like hotels would just give a flat bonus to tourism to all natural wonders. I mean, I don't see why currently Mt. Kilimanjaro will give tourism late game, but Uluru doesn't.

7. HanNorwood

HanNorwood Tamar

These aren't the best, but they're what I've thought of. Yields may be a bit too low.

Spoiler :
    Mount Everest
    3 Gold
    3 Production

Spoiler :
    Niagara Falls
    3 Food
    3 Science

Spoiler :
    Garden of the Gods
    4 Faith
    2 Science

8. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Deity

Surely Mount Everest should be a Gold & Tourism Bonus, with both bonuses increasing as Transportation gets better: build an airport in the city with Everest in its radius, and you should be swimming in Tourism and Gold from Tourism.

Niagara Falls' bonus should be Production (it was one of the first major Hydroelectric Power Plants in the USA) and a + Population Growth - given the popularity of the Falls as a Honeymoon destination in the past 130 years, there have probably been as many children conceived within 5 miles of the Falls as anywhere else in the country!