Natural Wonders and AdjacentUnitFreePromotion

codepoet

Commander of Cubicle 42
Hi all,

Has anyone made a mod working with the node: AdjacentUnitFreePromotion?
I tried, added this node to more existing Natural Wonders. But then when I try it in game, the notification about the wonder shows that moving my unit adjacent will grant the promotion I gave it (accurate), but then I move a unit there and nothing happens.

I thought maybe the promotion type must match the unit type (e.g. ranged promotion for ranged unit, etc.), but that did not help.

I checked the game's loaded database too, and the features table has the promotions I indicated in their AdjacentUnitFreePromotion columns.

So... is there lua somewhere that makes it so only Kilimanjaro and Fountain of Youth actually grant their promotions? Happen to know where?

An example, I have the following:
<GameData>
<Features>
<Update>
<Set AdjacentUnitFreePromotion="PROMOTION_SENTRY"/>
<Where Type="FEATURE_MESA"/>
</Update>
</Features>
</GameData>

I go to a Grand Mesa in game but do not do not get the Sentry promotion.
I tried it with a Scout and well as a melee. The tooltip when mousing over the grand mesa says it gives Sentry if you move a unit next to it (just like altitude training says for mt kilimanjaro when you mouse over it), but does not actually do it.

I believe it only gives the promotions to unit classes that can actually learn the promotion.

In this case, Recon Units can't normally learn the Sentry promotion.

Ah thanks.
I tried a test with Drill 1 and a melee unit and that worked... so I must have had a situation like that. Though Sentry is for a scout. Not sure on that... but this will work. I want to try adding new custom promotions and see if those will work with it.

Promotion sentry isn't made available to recon combat-class through the <UnitPromotions_UnitCombats> table. It can be added via the <Trait_FreePromotionUnitCombats> but I think that table overrides all the usual restrictions from within the <UnitPromotions_UnitCombats> table.

Top Bottom