natural wonders destroyed mp?

ddd123

Prince
didnt have a chance to try the new patch yet but reading their stats it seems again civ put on the table another huge source of rng

they were nearly balanced b4(cause they were all so weak ) and now...

the 3 new are insane

having them closer or even covered from your opponent is such a huge advantage...

not talking about some of the old ones

anyone tried yet and can share some thought?

anyone tried yet and can share some thought?

I don't play with mods and yes I have played plenty of times with the new wonders. They are not all that bad except EL DORADO which will clearly be found early game and 500 gold that early can give an immeasurable advantage. Otherwise, having to build a city near a natural wonder to get the bonus is not that bad and requires some work. El Dorado is plain dumb luck.

I consider Fountain of Youth as even more broken than el dorado. It makes any fast expansion strategy a breeze.

Is it at all possible to rule out natural wonders in multiplayer from the XML files? That way the "mod" would work in multiplayer, provided everyone has identical XML files.

culture saving not working is what ruined mp. at least FFA's were playable before then even with the idiotic combat system in the game, but now it's just a wargame. if i want a good wargame i'll play a RTS...

Synchronize your culture increase with your tech, so you get the policies you want.

culture saving not working is what ruined mp. at least FFA's were playable before then even with the idiotic combat system in the game, but now it's just a wargame. if i want a good wargame i'll play a RTS...

Even if the box allowing policy saving is checked? I don't remember about it, still i never gathered culture at all since .141 patch.

Even if the box allowing policy saving is checked? I don't remember about it, still i never gathered culture at all since .141 patch.

This still works for policies. It probably wasn't checked in Biz_'s game

checking the box doesn't actually let you accumulate culture. you just waste any extra you get after unlocking a policy.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. It seems synchronizing culture to tech takes on increasing importance then, even with policy saving turned on.

Top Bottom