1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Natural Wonders

Discussion in '[MAC+WIN] Civ4 - History Rewritten' started by Howard Mahler, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Howard Mahler

Howard Mahler Since Civ 1

I really like these.

Proposed addition:
    Kali Gandaki Gorge in Nepal.
    Since it served as a trade route from India to Tibet, perhaps one free merchant.
    (I assume you did not have the Grand Canyon to avoid too much US content.)

Proposed change:
    Pamulke (spelling off), free doctor either in addition to or instead of healing units.

Proposed change:
    Aurora, reduce its strength. Either a free technology or +1 happiness in all cities are each strong.
    Perhaps you can split these up between northern and southern lights, two separate wonders.
    Perhaps one could revise to +2 happiness in only one city.

2. Howard Mahler

Howard Mahler Since Civ 1

Is there some way to highlight natural wonders on the map along with resources?

Skidizzle likes this.
  3. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Availability of art determines which Natural Wonders I include or exclude. I'd love to include the Grand Canyon but I've never found a model that would work as it.

I've felt the Aurora needed to be reasonably powerful as it can be quite difficult to find and claim, depending on where it gets placed. Having two Aurorae is an interesting idea though.

I might be able to achieve this via an invisible/fake resource. It's on my todo list.