1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Naval Victory

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Stories & Tales' started by wardad, Dec 30, 2008.

1. wardad

wardad Chieftain

The Naval victory was not planned, just a chance of war.
    I had abandoned my seaboard flatland settlements, but left 1 unit to make sure the fort would be bombarded and reduced. Stack of doom dragoons were waitng inland in fortified hillside settlements.
    The REF landed dispersed around two settlements, took the settlement and unloaded a weak defense in the settlement.
    The dragoon stack had no trouble slicing through them and destroyed 6 MOW in port by retaking the settlements.
    The remaining 2 MOW were not in sync and the dragoons slaughtered each landing of 4 units. At this rate there might be REF units left by games end.
    Bored, I brought my fleet through the canal settlement to the Atlantic. SOL only weakend MOW to 10.4, but a highly experience Privateer got lucky. 1 MOW down and 1 left.
    I built more Privateers and sailed a fleet of 5 to the last MOW. It attacked 1 in coastal water (10% bonus to me) and the kill weakened it to 8.0. 2 more died weaking the MOW and the 3rd finished off the last MOW..

2. Crighton

Crighton Emperor

Nice.

I've managed to win a Naval victory once. To a certain extant I think its just easier to forgoe the navy and just crush the REF after it lands.

3. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Emperor

Uhh, that's 2 years old.

4. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

5. dalgo

dalgo Emperor

6. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

There was a 9 year bump a few months ago, it was about if Hitler was really so bad or something.