Navel of the world (postpangea) scenario.

GPR

Chieftain
The second map from me.

Difficulty level: highest (emperor)
Number of opponents: 6
Area of continents: Very Huge
The world consists one large continent and several smaller ones.
Start: 3980 BC

As the name suggests you are rather in the center of events.
From one direction the threat will come sooner, from others later or be lesser, but it is you who will have to deal with any enemy.

My advice (which of course you don't have to realize)
Quickly explore the area in search of huts, enemies and the best places for new cities.
Quickly expand the number of cities along with securing the extremity of your territory.
Your ally is the space you can acquire. If you seize it, the game will be easy. However, too little expansion, will cause your opponents to suffocate you.

Share your feedback after the game

I will not give a screenshot because I don't want to spoil the fun of discovering it and the dangers that await you.
Copy both files to the game directory (CIV1 DosBox):

Attachments

• CIVIL7.MAP
    7.9 KB · Views: 17
  • CIVIL7.SVE
    37 KB · Views: 17
7th game timed : emperor, GPR map, 7 civ, end at 1779 : game won in 15h34'
Really tiring !!!

You people also let me know how did you do.
After all, I'm making maps for you who don't want to play AI-generated maps.

@Humungus Can you post a save? I'm curious what direction you went.

The game was supposed to be hard but doable.
When creating maps, I assume that they will be played by people who already know how to play in CIV and it's like an addition for them.
Like an extra mission on a harder difficulty level in other games.
Tiring means easy but arduous or were there difficulties because you were also in defense?

Last edited:
Thank you GPR. It's great to see someone creating new content in this quiet old place. Could almost rename this place from Game of the Month to a Game of the Year forum haha as I did my Barbarian scenario in 2021, you did your Game of Thrones scenario in 2022, and now you've given us this new gift in 2023!

Hopefully in the coming months I'll get to playing and doing a video on your GoT scenario that I can share around the internet, it's on my never ending to do list! :)

I create maps because it's fun but also for people who don't want to play maps created by AI.
I hope you play this too. It's nice to know that my work wasn't in vain.

As I mentioned in one of the threads, I have already finished a few other scenarios, but they are waiting in line to be played to check whether they have bugs or are not too difficult.
I made a video of playing in this scenario myself (it's also on the forum) and I'm currently playing the "Navel of the world (pangea Talislanta) scenario" which I hope will soon be posted on the forum.
There are still a few ideas for the next scenarios in the queue.

ps. I actually created 5 Game of Thrones scenarios. Two of them will appear on the forum soon.

Top Bottom