NBA trade discussions

downtown

Crafternoon Delight
Trade talk in the NBA is starting to heat up...what kinds of deals do you think will go down, or should?

Trade talk for Amare is flying around everywhere...5 teams seem to be in the hunt. Chicago, Miami, Cleveland, New York and New Jersey. Keep in mind, the Suns want 1) young forward prospects, 2) draft picks and 3) salary cap relief. The reported offers are...

New York: David Lee, Nate Robinson and Marbury
New Jersey: Yi, Trenton Hassel, Draft Pick, and another expiring
Cleveland: Wally's expiring contract, JJ Hickson
Chicago: Tyrus Thomas, Drew Gooden, Thabo Sefolosha, 1st rounder
Miami: Beasley and Marion

Vince Carter, Richard Jefferson, Brad Miller, 'Sheed and Caron Butler are also rumored to be shopped.

WHAT SAY YE

Tuff Juice will not be traded, end of story.

This is my favorite trade possibility:
Wizards send: Juan Dixon (797,581) and five dollars

To Bulls for:
Michael Ruffin ($797, 581) and a bag of marbles

Or this one:
Wizards send:
Pamela and JaVale McGee (1,392,240)

To Sparks for:
Lisa and Lauren Leslie (72,188) and cash

Spurs are being rumored for everyone from John Salmons to Vince Carter. Thank god no one running the Spurs is stupid enough to trade for VC.

The sad thing is, someone probably is stupid enough to trade for VC...

Tuff Juice will not be traded, end of story.

This is my favorite trade possibility:
Wizards send: Juan Dixon (797,581) and five dollars

To Bulls for:
Michael Ruffin ($797, 581) and a bag of marbles

Or this one:
Wizards send:
Pamela and JaVale McGee (1,392,240)

To Sparks for:
Lisa and Lauren Leslie (72,188) and cash
Wizznuts is awesome. THE LION CAN PLAY THE 3
The sad thing is, someone probably is stupid enough to trade for VC...

Depending on what we had to give up, I would be okay with the Cavs trading for VC

I think its pretty clear there is a demand for Marbury...but he doesn't want to give up more than a million of his salary, and people don't want to take on that hugeass contract for a risky guy. If he could agree to a cheaper buyout, he'd been in boston in 2 weeks

Miami sends Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks to the Raptors for Jermaine O'Neil and Jamaro Moon.

What do you think of this?

Miami also got a first rounder. I think O'Neal > Marion and Moon > Banks, so..

It's a conditional first rounder according to ESPN.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3905146

I'd say it's about an even deal. Marion will allow Toronto to play Bargniani alongside Bosh in the frontcourt (which was actually more effective than O'Neill and Bosh in the frontcourt). And the O'Neill acquisition will allow Miami to shift Haslem back to his natural PF spot.

I doubt both teams will get a huge lift out of this. Marion is not the player he was in Phoenix (raise your hands if you think his value was massively inflated by playing with Steven Nash), and O'Neill didn't have much lift even when he was on the court and he missed substantial time with injuries again. It's a big name deal, but I don't see big impact here...

There is talk today of Bosh being traded too :eek: . Might get interesting.

Yeah, to Chicago right? The economy has really messed up with the trade market in the NBA. Expiring contracts > > good players right now

Top Bottom