NDNES2: Titles Are For The Weak

Ninja Dude

Sorry, I wasn't listening...
Introduction: Okay, I've decided to start a new NES since my old one has been put into hibernation. This game is going to be much more easy to mod and hopefully more fun. I hope you'll all join this NES. I plan on updating once every one or two days.

This NES will function like this: everyone will start out with a primitive, slug-like species. Each player will get to decide what they want their species to do, influencing their species evolution. This is not meant to be realist, it is meant to be fun and fast paced. Please also note that everyone will be limited to animals. No plants or fungi are playable.

Template:
Animal Name/Player Name
Description: A small, slug-like animal. With primitive senses and little protection, it will need to adapt quickly in order to survive.

I'll edit the description after every update. In the begining, everyone will have a species similar to the one listed above.

Orders: Orders will be posted right in this thread. They can be very simple or complex. Just try to keep them short as possible.

Here's and example:

The Soandsos will begin to nibble at plants for energy. They will also start to climb smaller, low to the ground plants in order to gain access to more leaves.

The first update will require orders, so send them in!

Calor/Vertinari118
Description: A small, grasshopper-like creature. It has developed large legs which have given it the edge when it comes to speed. It is also has a small pincer that it uses to latch on and drag down its prey. With a pack mentality, these predators act for the good of the pack instead of the individual. Its tough exoskeleton has made the Calor a very powerful predator.

Red Blotch Slug/BEHIND THE MASK
Description: A small, red slug that secretes a toxin that keeps away most predators. It has developed the ability to slowly crawl up stems and leaves to stay way from potential competition. these legs have hardened and now allow it to move fairly fast on the ground. Its carapace has helped protect it from most predators when its poison isn't enough to keep them away.

Underground Pacrion/Neverwonagame3
Description: A Pacrion of the Underground variety, these small, ant-like animals live in tunnels deep underground, storing food when it is in abundance. These tunnels offer the Underground Pacrion a very defendable home, as well as a shelter from dangerous weather. They often fight in tunnels and then eat the dead bodies left over.

Formica Minimus/Dreadnought
Description: A very tiny slug that has developed a parasitic relationship with many larger animals, including the Bulbos and the Vicious Bulbos. Its life-cycle now involves laying eggs inside its hosts. Often a Formica Minimus is able to use the Bulbos' hide for protection and as a means to get from one host to another.

Silphen/Lord_Iggy
Description: A filter feeding, shelled organism that uses its small size and camoulage to hide from danger. It often hides in areas populated by Pacrions for protection. It is extremely difficult to detect and is largely ingnored by other animals when it is detected. It tends to live in colonies that are hidden from most other animals. These colonies are always near water, due to Silphen life-cycle needing young silphen to mature in water.

Bulbos/squid1111
Description: A large slug that eats large amounts of food and reproduces extremely quickly. It is currently the prime target from Minimus parasites. It has developed a thick hide that makes it almost impervious to most predators, although there are soft spots around the head. It has also used its tough hide as a weapon, and can crush opposition by simply rolling over. Its hide is very sensitive, making it very dangerous to touch.

Splurgoth/Daftpanzer
Description: A small, slug-like creature that can live off of extremely small amounts of food. It owes its low energy needs to its slow growth and movement, as well as breeding rarely.

Helkert/MooseWarrior
Description: A small, omnivirous slug that has developed crude camo to allow it to eat in peace high up on leaves. It is very quick and has small suction cups that allow it to maintain this fast speed while climbing. It will occasionally fall on prey, using its suction cups and mouth to latch on.

Amonorpede/Amon Savag
Description: A small fish that travels in large groups, confusing prey with constant movement and numbers. It is very agressive, killing any fish smaller than them and often fish larger than them. Now living in shallow water, many predators have followed it in hopes of keeping their main food source. They occasionally hop on land, attempting to drag smaller animals into the water and using superior numbers to kill them.

Vicious Bulbos /Abaddon
Description:The Vicious Bulbos is developing into a terror of the lands. Its large size powers jaws which once munched through plants, and now munch through prey. Often mistaken for a regular Bulbos, these predators are often able to walk up to unsuspecting prey and eat them easily.

Marsh Pacrion/Algeroth
Description: A relative of the Pacrion, the Marsh Pacrion has moved to the damper parts of the world. With an immunity to most poisons in plants, the Marsh Pacrion population is growing quickly. They are much more independant than most Pacrion types, moving in groups as small as 2 or 3. Their lack of numbers has forced them to grow larger to make their independant lifestyle possible.

Vnoss/Icekommander
Description: A tiny slug that reproduces extremely quickly and lives in large groups. They are very dangerous when in large groups, and can decimate even the largest of animals. When a Vnoss attacks its prey, it releases a chemical that attracts any nearby Vnoss. Soon thousands of them can be on one animal, slowly eating its flesh. This is currently one of the most effective predators on the planet, although their food sources are slowly running out.

Bulbos Homicos/Charles Li
A smaller off shoot of Bulbos, these animals have developed a hive-centered way of life. Smaller Bulbos Homicos guard the queen, which in turn gives birth to massive amounts of Bulbos Homicos. at the end of a queen's lifecycle a few baby queens will emerge from her body and establish new colonies.

Cool idea. Like LifeNes but will go much faster. I will join

Calor /Vertinari 118
Description: A small, slug-like animal. With primitive senses and little protection, it will need to adapt quickly in order to survive.

Orders

The Calor will start to eat other slugs hunting them down with speed and senses.

Hopeful evolutions

Ability to eat meat
Better sense
Speed
Tougher skin.

Can we change our creature's name or not? And how long is an update in years?

Cool idea. Like LifeNes but will go much faster. I will join

Calor Slug/Vertinari 118

Orders

The Calor slugs' teeth grow longer and sharper perfect for eating flesh. It also evolved a hard outer skin to help retain moisture and to help protect it from its prey. It also grew larger and developed tiny bumps on its body, four of them.

Can we change our creature's name or not? And how long is an update in years?

I guess you can change the name. However, I was leaning towards making a name that isn't to specific an keep it throughout the NES. For example, your animal could just be called Calor for the entire NES.

Also, your orders are a little different than what is needed. Instead of giving me direct evolutionary changes, give me actions and behaviors the species will develop. That will decide how your species turns out.

Also, updates are over the course of millions of years.

One problem Ninja Dude without being able to describe the creature in my orders I cannot say all I want to say! It is up to up to what extent are descriptions happen

Looks intresting, and I got some good ideas:

Red Blotch Slug/BTM

Orders:

Actions and Behaviours: The Red Blotch Slug is a natural prey for any other animals, to avoid the predators near the ground, the Slug has moved high into the trees and has found moss and vegetation edible to the slug. While the slug has escaped some of its Earthly predators, there are always ones to take their places and the slug will have to adapt if it wishes to survive.

Desired (Possible) Evolution: The Slugs skin will develop red blotches, which will act to secrete a mucus like venom that causes paralysis (lost of muscle function) that may leave predators vulnerable, something that they would prefer to avoid. The Slugs will live high in the trees and feed off moss and vegetation. There is no effective place for camaflaugh (Spelling) however the Red Blotch would act as a warning sign.

(Hows This?)

BTM remember, these creatures are still very primitive. They will not be able to produce that strong of a poison. They will also not be able to climb that high. However, I will work with what you've given me.

Also Vertinari, I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say. However, I do want to say that your orders are very good. You guys can write stories about the behavior of your creatures to help me better understand what you want them to do. Just try to keep things realistic. Nothing to advanced is available at this point.

Changed my orders and I hope I have fixed the confusion.

Pacrion/Neverwonagame3
Actions: The Pacrions will begin working in groups, and developing weapons to fight off attackers. They will also begin siphoning off areas with food and attacking all herbivores who enter, especially if they try to eat the plants.

Hoped for:
-Better weapons
-Better community behaviour

Pacrion/Neverwonagame3
Actions: The Pacrions will begin working in groups, and developing weapons to fight off attackers. They will also begin siphoning off areas with food and attacking all herbivores who enter, especially if they try to eat the plants.

Hoped for:
-Better weapons
-Better community behaviour

Swing and a miss!!!

Comrade, I thin kwe're supposed to start off quite a bit more primitive.

I meant natural weapons- things like teeth, claws, and so on.

Okay, that's fine. With the group thing, are you thinking of packs, or more like an ant colony-like group?

I was thinking of packs.

Now I think about it, are there any NPC species about? Are they more advanced then us, or about the same?

Some are a little more advanced. Most will go unmentioned. The most advanced thing right now might be a somewhat large reptile similar o a komodo dragon.

Could this work?

Formica Minimus/Dreadnought
Description: A very tiny slug. It is parasitic.

Orders: develop parasitic abilities. Begin evolution into growing inside its victims, if possible. If not, make it a blood sucker, like a leech.

Top Bottom