NDNESIV: A New World, A New History

Ninja Dude

Sorry, I wasn't listening...
NDNES IV: A New World, A New History

Yes, I have begun another NES. I was tossing around the idea during the summer, but a lack of a map kind of held me back. But now thanks to Iggy and Carmen, I managed to get my hands on the map used in Carmen's NES Seeds of the Earth, which unfortunently came to a halt (let's hope it makes a comeback!) With this map, I hope to make an enjoyable Non-Earth fresh start NES. I'd like to thank NK for letting me borrow some stuff from his ruleset for End of Empires. Without further ado, Let us begin with the NES.

Stats And Stat Explanation:

Country Name:
Government:
Culture:
Manpower:
Army:
Navy:
Income:
Description:

Country Name: This is fairly obvious. This is what your country is called. I encourage you to name it in your country's/people's language, instead of just calling them “empires” and “kingdoms”.

I'd also like to note that I may allow players to play as something besides countries, as time goes on. But for now players will strictly be countries.

Government: Another fairly obvious one. The country's current form of government. Note that this can change, although there may be consequences, and it might even happen against the players' will.

Culture: This will list the different cultures and their influence in a country. The scale for culture is as follows:

Weak---Minor---Slight---Moderate---Above Average---High---All Encompassing

Note that this is how much influence a culture has in a country. Thus, it is very unlikely that many cultures will be at Above Average if one culture is at All Encompassing.

Manpower: How many people you can recruit into the military. This stat may also help reflect how many able bodied people are within your country, as well as how high your population is.

Army: This is the amount of troops currently in your army. Usually they will be divided up between levies, standing troops, cavalry, and other classifications as time goes on. When the IT updates begin, there will be a price list for different troops.

Navy: Basically the same thing as the Army stat, except for your naval forces.

Income: How much "gold" you can spend per turn. Feel free to come up with a name for your currency so that I can not use a vauge term like "gold" or "money". This number will be affected by nearly everything under the sun. Trade, irrigation, weather, religion, you name it, it affects this. Military upkeep is automatically deducted from this.

Description: this is a brief description of your country. Mainly will focus on its history and significant events of the past. However, current events may also be listed, as well as other interesting facts. This will be consistently updated unlike most NESes. Hopefully this will allow new players to jump into the NES with relative ease, instead of having to sift through 50 pages to learn their country's history.

Order Format

During the IT's, I'd prefer if you followed the following format for your orders:
[NDNESIV: Country Name Orders]
-Last Turns Stats
-Spending and Other Monetary Transactions
-International Actions
-Domestic Actions
-Anything else that doesn't fit with the other sections

During BT's, you will use a much different format. During a BT, you will play as a culture, instead of a typical country. This means that you control a much larger group of people, but with much less direct control. Your decisions in these turns will have a great impact on the NES, so please, think them through. The format is as follows:

[NDNESIV: Culture Name Orders]
-Movements and Migrations (Tell me where and why your culture's people are moving, if they are moving at all. Note that this is largely peaceful movements.)
-Hostilities (Tell me where your culture's people are likely to invade and why. Also tell me if there is any other culture that your people will actively attack and why.)
-Cultural Devlopments (Tell me how your culture is developing.)
-Religion (Tell me what religions your culture is inclined to following)

Beginning Stages

At the start of this NES, players will be controlling cultures instead of individual countries. Thus, I will have players send different orders during these initial updates, as well as submit a different template in order to join the NES. Here is that Template:

[Culture Name]
Starting Location: [Choose from the cradle map; preferably giving me your own map pinpointing the location for me and other players]
Society: [Add a description of your people’s society: how it is structured, how it functions]
Lineage: [How do your people trace descent?]
Values: [What do your people believe to be the most important human qualities?]
Religion(s): [Add a description of your people’s religious ideas]
Language(s): [Add a description of your people’s language, including, if applicable, their writing system]
Mythos: [Explain the mythic origin of your people]
Economic Base: [Give the general economic basis of life for your people]
Nation Names: [Make a list of nation names for me to use]
Person Names: [Make a list of names for me to use of famous persons]
Place Names: [Make a list of place for me to use for notable places]
[Add anything else you want to say]

(This might look familiar to those who were in End of Empires :p )

Unit Costs

Please note that maintenence must be payed every turn after that unit has been built. If you want to use a troop the same update that you buy it, you must pay its recruitment cost, as well as its maintenence.

0 to recruit Levies
1 to maintain 5 Levies
3 to recruit 1 Professional
2 to maintain a Professional
1 to recruit a chariot*
2 to maintain a chariot*
15 to recruit a war elephant*
5 to maintain a war elephant*
10 to build a ship
10 to maintain a ship

*Only countries with the required animals for such troops may buy these troops. So far everyone has horses, although only the Ibapomarcs have access to elephants.

Domestic Costs
•500 for a small city
•1500 for an average sized expedition

Other domestic things you could spend on vary in cost, depending on your geography, population, size, culture, religion, and numerous other things.

Starting Map

Climate Map

Dark Brown is Mountainous.
Dark Green is Rainforest. (warm and wet)
Yellow is Desert. (warm and dry)
Orange is Semi-Arid (prairie, savannah, etc).
Light Green is Temperate (light forest and grassland)
Dark Bluegreen is Boreal Forest (cold and dry)
White is icecap and tundra

Stats:

Spoiler :
Country Name: Ajamar
Government: Despotic Monarchy
Culture: Khefereti [Above Average]
Manpower: 11,000
Army: 100 Levies
Navy: 60 ships
Income: 3,820 (260 upkeep)
Description: The one of the easternmost of the Khefereti city-states, Ajamar is rising quickly in power. Controlling numerous chock points in the Khorafat Sea, it dominates trade in the region. Contact with southern traders has brought spices and ivory in their market places, which have been sold at high prices to their western brothers. The future looks bright for this small realm of merchants and sailors.

Country Name: Arka
Culture: Ki [Slight] Tokatya [Slight] Parhtan [Moderate]
Manpower: 2,000
Army: 800 Levies
Navy: None
Income: 3,000 (500 upkeep)
Description: A pleasant little realm seated in the mountains between the Ki and the other numerous northern mountain peoples, Arka benefits greatly from the trade between Shivan and the Parhtan monks to the north. Peaceful and having no current threats to its existence, Arka is in good position to last for many long years.

Country Name: Ataklurk
Culture: Spiich [Moderate]
Manpower: 6,000
Army: 500 Levies
Income: 1,600 (100 upkeep)
Description: At the very southern edges of Spiich civilization sits the realm of Ataklurk. Originally a by-product of the booming slave trade, Ataklurk developed quickly. Slavers and merchants poured into the city, eager to make their own small fortunes. But with a drastic decrease in the demand of slaves, Ataklurk is now eerily quiet. Some believe that the southern barbaric tribes will come back to avenge the crimes of the slavers, although these rumors have largely gone unproven. Still, the occasional sighting of an occasional war-party near the border has caused minor panics over the city’s history.

Country Name: Ceocor
Government: Oligarchy
Culture: Onysabr [High] Jorisi [Slight]
Manpower: 31,000
Army: 5,000 Levies, 1,500 Professionals 350 chariots
Navy: 10 Ships
Income: 6,900 (4,700 Upkeep)
Description: A mighty realm to behold, many see Ceocor as the true successor-state to the Empire of Onys. With a titanic army and numerous large cities, it commands the attention of nearly every power near it. Slaves by the thousands are brought from the south to its fields. The Onysith are kept busy watching these slaves, who have always posed the threat of rebellion to the mighty realm. But that may not be the only thing the Acon of Ceocor must worry about. The massive military they have to put down any rebellions or threats is draining the treasury rapidly, causing some to wonder whether or not to drop the Onysith in favor of less costly levies or chariots. This doubt in the Onysith’s effectiveness has lead to some minor unrest amongst the Onysith, although for the most part they just keep their mouths shut and their spears sharp.

Country Name: Delegra
Culture: Tralavian [Above Average]
Manpower: 5,000
Army: 400 Levies
Income: 1,580 (80 upkeep)
Description: A small mountain realm, Delegra has few allies, enemies, or any major connections with foreigners really. The Daradula to the north have on occasion raided them, although over the course of history you have to expect to be raided by your neighbors once of twice. Trade is largely dominated by foreigners, although Delegran instruments are still bought at high prices by the occasional Daradul merchant. With plenty of room to expand and no one really standing in their way, Delegra has a lot of potential.

Country Name: Deros
Government: Absolute Monarchy
Culture: Jorisi [Above Average] Ik[Moderate] Iun [Weak]
Manpower: 24,000
Army: 10,000 Levies, 300 Professionals
Navy: 35 Ships
Income: 6,000 (2600 upkeep)
Description: Deros sits along a rich river bearing the same name. A major producer of wheat in the region, it finds a good market for its surplus food in the Hanyi Islands, as well as other lands lacking good farmland. Possessing a large population and a formidable military, Deros presence on land is obvious. However, its navy is rather pitiful by Jorisi standards. This is a result of the old wars with the Empire of Onys, in which the large navies of the Jorisi did next to nothing against to Oner’s forces. Now the focus is on the sword and the spear, so that never again will their lands be overrun.

Country Name: Drue
Government: Theocratic Monarchy
Culture: Tokatyan [High] Parhtan [Moderate] Sheol [Weak]
Manpower: 12,000
Army: 2,000 Levies
Navy: none
Income: 1,700 (400 upkeep)
Description: Sitting upon the eastern bank of the LaVey, the country of Drue is a hybrid of the Tokatyan and Parhtan cultures that have existed there for centuries. Possessing a ruling Totatyan majority, as well as a large Parhtan minority, it has a fairly high population despite its northern locale. Religion in Drue is largely a fusion of tokatyan religion, with numerous elements of Parhtan dualism thrown in. While some of the more traditional priests object to these impurities, it has made it far easier to incorporate the Parhtans into Drue.

Country Name: Durgate
Government: Theocratic Monarchy
Culture: Tokatyan [All Encompassing] Parhtan [Minor]
Manpower: 10,000
Army: 2,250 Levies
Income: 2,150 (450 upkeep)
Description: Pious and devoted, the high priests and kings that rule over Durgate have been sure to keep the old ways of the Tokatyans pure. While the priests of Drue welcome Parhtan immigrants with open arms and incorporate their culture into theirs, the priests of Durgate push them away, demanding that either they convert completely, or they are not welcome. A constant stream of priests from the eastern bank of the LaVey come to Durgate, fed up with the constant intermingling with the false words of Parhtan monks and the holy language of the Tokatyans.

Country Name: Fadonisi
Culture: Onysabr [High] Spiich [Weak]
Manpower: 36,000
Army: 6,000 Levies 750 Professionals
Navy: 15 Ships
Income: 5,900 (2,700 upkeep)
Description: When the Empire of Onys collapsed, it wasn’t long before many Acons begun carving it up in hopes of putting it back together with them at its head. Well, for the most part those attempts failed. But still, large Onysabric lands arose out of these squabbles. One of these realms is Fadonisi. One of the more powerful countries in the region, it has yet to really flex its military muscles beyond capturing the last of the independent cities on its side of the Yiol. However, this is mainly because the vast amount of slaves controlled by the wealthy Acons and other rich men must be carefully watched by the mighty Onysith. Their absence might throw whole cities into chaos overnight.

Country Name: Fasmne
Culture: Onysabr [All Encompassing]
Manpower: 18,000
Army: 2,000 Levies, 500 Professionals
Income: 4,100 (1,400)
Description: Fasmne, center of Oner’s old empire, is now reduced to little more than a glorified city state. Caught in between numerous rising powers, its future looks rather bleak. Still, it is home to many philosophers and artists who appreciate its rich cultural history. The towering Statue of Onys attracts hundreds every day, greeting them with a grim face and an intimidating pose. In a way it represents everything Fasmne isn’t.

Country Name: Hadatat
Culture: Khefereti [High]
Army: 200 Levies
Navy: 45 Ships
Income: 3,890 (490 upkeep)
Description: The furthest east of the Khefereti states, Hadatat has a long running history of being second to Ajamar in nearly everything. In the two countries’ youths Ajamar conquered Tripae Island, just after the Tefnakht of Hadatat had marshaled his forces with the same goal in mind. In the few minor wars between the two realms, Ajamar has always come out on top, humiliating Hadatat in one way or another. Now once more their rivalry is heating up, as Hadatat merchants cry out to the Tefnakht about high Ajamari tariffs and taxes.

Country Name: Heoal
Government: Monarchy
Culture: Sheol [High] Ik [Moderate] Jorissi [Weak]
Manpower: 35,000
Army: 12,000 Levies, 400 Professionals, 500 chariots
Navy: 60 ships
Income: 7,100 (4800 upkeep)
Description: As Wa-Ik’s control over its Sheol territories weakened, many warlords envisioned recreating Szandor’s great empire. Finally the last straw broke the camels back and Wa-Ik was no more. Ever aspiring general and warlord made an effort to grab power wherever possible. Heoal is the result of one such attempt to rebuild the old empire of Sheol. While not quite the great empire Szandor possessed, it is still easily one of the mightiest powers in the world. It owes its power to a combination of its large merchant class and control of vast stretches of land along the LaVey. An interesting thing to note is the large Ik population has lead to Bosakism becoming widely practiced, even a few of the Sheol nobility converting. This has kept the Ik population fairly satisfied and peaceful, although some of the Sheol nobility are starting to feel like foreigners in their own country.

Country Name: League of Ikat
Government: City-State League
Culture: Kalthuan [High] Spiich [Moderate]
Manpower: 15,000
Army: 2,250 Levies 500 Professionals
Income: 3,750 (1,450 upkeep)
Description: During a period of great chaos and instability in the Spiich lands to the northwest of the Kalthuans, numerous city-states attempted to grab as much land as possible while they had the chance. These expanding cities were seen as a threat by the other city-states, who promptly began warring against them. However, the numerous wars against these expansionist cities failed, each war ending in a stalemate. Eventually the cities banded together around the mighty city of Ikat. Now the League watches its borders carefully, fearing another eastern attack any moment.

Country Name: Ikno
Culture: Ik [High] Jorissi [Slight]
Army: 6,500 Levies, 450 Chariots
Navy: 35 Ships
Income: 6,600 (2,200 upkeep)
Description: A small successor state to Wa-Ik, Ikno hold on to what little land it has with an iron grip. All too often have Sadhili raiding parties thought the people of Ikno as weak and soft, only to find themselves being slaughtered mercilessly by fanatical warriors. Considered a holy place by Bosakists, its capital is a magnificent city, housing hundreds of thousands. Pilgrimages to it are common, giving Ikno a certain level of prestige.

Country Name: Kagion
Government: Plutocratic Democracy
Culture: Kalthuan [High] Ibapomarc [Weak]
Manpower: 8,000
Army: 100 Levies
Income: 1,300 (20 upkeep)
Description: Cousins to the folk of Kathia, they hold the liberties of the common man a bit lower in priority than profit. An entrenched rich class rules Kagion, buying out any that try to oppose them. This has worked fairly well in past generations, although ideas from Kathia are beginning move eastward into the fair city. Rabble rousers and slave uprisings are becoming more common, although many a time have these rebellions been silenced with a bag filled with coins and a few beautiful women.

Country Name: Kateer
Culture: Jietsaari [Above Average] Khefereti [Minor] Ibapomarc [Minor]
Manpower: 7,500
Income: 1,700 (100 upkeep)
Description: On the very edge of the Ibapomarc frontier sits the land of Kateer. A fairly new power in the region, it gets most of its riches from the ivory trade with the local Ibapomarcs. However, these aggressive southerners have begun encroaching on Jietsaari lands, and in some cases have been openly hostile. Rumor has it that a large wave of migrants are heading north, straight for Kateer. How the Jietsaari of Kateer will prepare for this oncoming storm has yet to be seen.

Country Name: Kathia
Government: Democracy
Culture: Kalthuan [Above Average]
Manpower: 9,500
Army: 300 Levies
Income: 1,900 (60 upkeep)
Description: Nestled in the southern mountains of the world is a unique sight known as Kathia. While most of the Kalthuan democracies are dominated by a rich upper class, or military strongmen, Kathia is firmly under the rule of the common man. Having a fairly small population and being isolated from other powers by the mountainous terrain, Kathia has dwelt in peaceful solitude for many a year (excluding a few minor conflicts with The League of Ikat).

Country Name: Kergula
Culture: Daradula [Above Average] Tralavian [Moderate]
Manpower: 9,000
Army: 700 Levies
Income: 980 (140 upkeep)
Description: A northern Daradula state nestled in the Darad Mountains, it easy to dismiss this small state as weak and uncivilized (something Sheol traders have done for centuries). However, this couldn’t be further from the truth. Trading various metals, including the ever valued tin and copper, Kergula is surprisingly rich. Many Tralavian immigrants have brought the lute with them, adding to the musical tradition of the Daradula.

Country Name: Khaurt
Government: Theocracy
Culture: Parhtan [High] Tokatyan [Slight] Sheol [Weak]
Army: 200 Levies
Income: 1,200 (40 upkeep)
Description: Predominantly inhabited by moon-worshipping sheep herders and other nomads, Khaurt is one of the densest populated areas of the north. Thousands travel to its peaks to worship the moon in its splendor, as well as to fish in its beautiful mountain-lakes, which contain delicious fish. Monasteries and temples dot the mountains, filled with monks who make a steady income from tithes and other offerings.

Country Name: Kitaka
Government: Theocratic Confederation
Culture: Ki [All Encompassing]
Manpower: 11,000
Army: None
Income: 1,870 (450 upkeep)
Description: A peaceful land nestled in the northwestern most regions of the known world, Kitaka is fairly quiet. The local families and villages worship their respective patron gods and goddesses in peace, cooperation and mediation emphasized throughout the country. In fact, war is so discouraged that Kitaka has no military strength whatsoever in its current state. However, barbarians from the north have begun taking advantage of this, encroaching of Kitaka lands and roaming where they see fit.

Country Name: Krissorps
Government: Tribal Despotism
Culture: Ibapomarcs [High] Jietsaari [Moderate]
Army: 1,500 Levies 10 War Elephants
Income: 650 (350 upkeep)
Description: A small tribe of Ibapomarcs, they are the first of many to have arrived north. Going wherever their game goes, they have little regard for borders. All they care about is killing the biggest and mightiest animals around. This attitude has brought them into numerous conflicts with the Jietsaari. Despite having a fairly aggressive stance against the northerners, they partake in limited trade with them, usually giving them ivory in exchange for more effective weapons made out of metal.

Country Name: Kwator
Culture: Jietsaari [Moderate] Aotomite [Weak] Kefereti [Minor]
Army: 1,000 Levies, 200 Professionals
Income: 2,200 (600 upkeep)
Description: For many years the frontiers of Shekelesh had been pushed further and further south at the expense of the southern natives. This changed with the coming of the Jietsaari, who have stopped the Shekelesh expansion in its tracks. Small kingdoms have arisen, becoming highly militant so that they may resist any possible attacks from the aggressive northerners. As such, most of the resources brought into Kwater are used on maintaining its army, which serves as a deterrent to Shekelesh and now the Ibapomarc menace from the south.

Country Name: Kunlan League
Government: Thassocratic City-State League
Culture: Kunlan [Moderate] Ibapomarc [Minor]
Manpower: 35,000
Navy: 180 Ships
Income: 7,800 (2,200 upkeep)
Description: A large sea-faring state, the Kunlan League has ruled the southern seas for as long as anyone can remember. Using offers of cheaper prices for spices from their home island of Hehivi, the Kunlans have slowly incorporated more cities into their ever growing trade empire. With a large fleet at its disposal, it has finally made contact with the northern people’s of the world, finding a whole new world filled with merchants that would give anything for their spices and ivory. However, more and more migrations seem to have the League’s southern lands as their destinations. The tranquil coastlines are being sacked and raided by Ibapomarc tribes, whom have fairly little interest in trade. Perhaps the Kunlans will have to face an opponent that they cannot buy out.

Country Name: Leovoure
Culture: Spiich [High] Kalthuan [Moderate] Onysabr [Minor]
Army: 1,000 Levies
Income: 1,500 (200 upkeep)
Description: During the great wars and struggles between the League of Ikat and the other Kalthuan city-states, numerous waves of Spiich and Kalthauns alike fled southwest, looking for a more peaceful life. They found themselves in a pleasant land, one with rich crops and good weather. Overthrowing the current inhabitants of the land in an ironic bout of violence, the migrants formed their own city-state, Leovoure. Ever since its founding it has been a place of cultural mixing, Onysabric priests from the north preaching the greatness of Onys, while Kalthuan traders bark in the market places to one another.

Country Name: Menkai
Culture: Jorissi [Moderate] Ik [Slight] Iun [Weak]
Manpower: 21,500
Army: 4,000 Levies
Income: 3,500 (950 upkeep)
Description: Small and surrounded by many stronger countries, Menkai will have to tread carefully if it wishes to last long. While it owes much of its strength to its rich farmlands, these farmlands are a double-edged sword. Many nearby people look at these rich lands with envy, hoping to control them one day. But with a large militia force and a dense population, Menkai would nonetheless be a difficult prize to take.

Country Name: Myatessorps
Government: Tribal Confederation
Culture: Ibapomarc [Slight]
Army: 2,000 Levies 20 War elephants
Navy: 5 Ships
Income: 700 (650 upkeep)
Description: The southern country of Myatessorps could hardly be considered even a country. War-bands and hunting parties go this way and that within its domain, killing man and beast alike willy nilly. Only a vague sense of brotherhood and friendship exists in the costal areas of the barbaric realm, where meetings are called between the heads of each tribe to discuss current issues.

Country Name: Na-Dhrudhilim
Government: Tribal Confederation
Culture: Sadhilim [Moderate]
Manpower: 7,000
Army: 400 chariots 300 Levies
Income: 2,500 (860 upkeep)
Description: The only Sadhilim group in possession of a city, Na-Dhrudhilim is a feared name in the surrounding lands. Its warriors are vicious and fast, striking without a moments notice, pillaging and killing whatever they please. And while the other tribes are independent of it, many of the Sadhili tribes will tag along with Na-Dhrudhilim in a raid or war. In fact, many foreigners make the mistake that Na-Dhrudhilim controls all of the Sadhilim. This may not be too far from the truth as more and more tribes look to it for leadership…

Country name: Na-Trothdhilim
Culture: Ik [Moderate] Sadhilim [Slight]
Manpower: 17,000
Army: 200 chariots, 3,000 Levies, 200 Professionals
Income: 3,800 (1,400 upkeep)
Description: When Wa-Ik collapsed, the Sadhili and Ik soldiers under the traitor general Loom’s command carved a nice little kingdom out of Wa-Ik during the chaos. Situated in a very fertile land, it attracted many Sadhilim Bosakists, as well as other Sadhilim looking for an easier life. And an easier one they found. A strong Sadhili nobility rules the kingdoms, maintaining their warrior tradition while Ik farmers work in the fields with great expertise.

Country Name: Parkis
Culture: Parhtan [High] Tokatya [Slight]
Army: 300 Levies
Income: 1,100 (60 upkeep)
Description: The sun-worshippers alternative to Khaurt, Parkis has many similarities with its southern brother despite the two having differing opinions about which celestial body should be worshipped. Like most Parhtans, the ones of Parkis love to live in the mountains, where they can feel closer to the gods they worship. Sheep herds dominate the pleasant mountain valleys, giving Parkis a steady source of wool. Goats milk is also a nice local delicacy.

Country Name: Pelese
Culture: Khefereti [High] Aotomite [Minor]
Manpower: 18,000
Army: 3,000 Levies, 300 Professionals
Navy: 140 Ships
Income: 7,100 (2600 upkeep)
Description: A powerful sea-faring empire, Pelese has stood its ground in the face of opposition for centuries. Numerous leagues were formed in the old days with the specific purpose of crushing Pelese and ridding the Khorafat of its presence. But each attempt has failed, Pelese growing stronger with every war. Capturing enemy cities and colonizing various coastlines, it has gone from a city-state to an empire over the course of its long history. But now it seems that it is finally showing weakness. Rebellions in colonies are rising up once more, and a decrepit, if not mad old Shekel (king) sits upon the throne. Ajamar and other rising Khefereti city-states are rising in power, while new comers from the south threaten to end Pelese’s domination over trade in the Khorafat. Still, it retains some of its old strength, and has a mighty fleet to enforce the king’s will. Only time will tell whether this mighty kingdom will succumb to internal and external pressures, or if it survives as it has in the past against such overwhelming odds.

Country Name: Paragula
Culture: Daradul [High] Tralavian [Moderate]
Army: 850 Levies
Income: 1,200 (170 upkeep)
Description: Sitting along the northern Eoril River, Paragula is a land of shrewd traders and rugged mountain musicians. The invention of the lute was well recieved by the Daradula of Paragula, a nice addition to their drums. It also provided them another thing to trade, as the lute has been seen as quite valuable to southern traders lately. Speaking of trade, Paragulan merchants have pretty much dominated trade in the area, taking advantage of the Tralavians' small merchant class. Wool, metalic tools, and other goods from the mountainous north are sold to southern merchants at a handsome profit.

Country Name: Qwuamiak
Government: Plutocracy
Culture: Khefereti [Moderate] Aotomite [Weak] Jietsaari [Slight] Ibapomarc [Minor]
Army: 1,200 Levies, 200 Chariots
Navy: 40 Ships
Income: 2,400 (1,440 upkeep)
Description: A former Pelese colony, it has long since broken away and become independent. Generally keeping to itself, its traders serve as middle men in the ivory trade to the northern Neolitian states. Jietsaari and Ibapomarc migrations have caused a drastic increase in population. While this has helped them increase their military in anticipation of a possible invasion from the surrounding countries, it has also caused problems with feeding the population.

Country Name: Qwatuum
Culture: Jietsaari [Moderate] Khefereti [Slight]
Income: 3,300 (550 upkeep)
Description: Surrounded by Shekelesh, Kateer, and Kwater, the people of Qwatuum have turned to the sea for sustenance, profit, and maybe someday expansion. The valuable pearls that are found upon its coasts fetch an extremely high price and are especially coveted by the Khefereti merchants. With a growing population, including am increasingly influential and growing merchant class, Qwatuum will have to find some way to expand, lest starvation and sanitation problems become a major problem.

Spoiler :
Country Name: Scion
Government: Dictatorship
Culture: Kalthuan [High]
Army: 400 Levies
Income: 500 (80 upkeep)
Description: Old Scion has a tragic history behind it. Once considered the sister-city of Kathia, the two cities worked together and formed a close bond with on another. Marriages between the strongest families of the two were common, and trade flowed between them. At times it could be said that they weren’t even two separate countries, that they formed one small, peaceful realm in the mountains. But when the wars against the League of Ikat began, an ambitious general named Ulthar seized power for himself in Scion. Pulling Scion out of the war and cutting all ties with the outside world, Ulthar ruined Scion. He frequently engaged in wars with his neighbors, always losing more land with each fight. Soon other generals usurped him and took his place. Leadership in Scion is a revolving door, and instability plagues the city.

Country Name: Sheol
Culture: Sheol [Moderate] Tokatyan [Moderate] Ik [Minor]
Manpower: 30,450
Army: 1,300 Chariots, 5,000 Levies, 400 Professionals
Income: 6,850 (4,400 upkeep)
Description: A successor of the Sheol Empire, with which it shares the same name; it shares an intense rivalry with Heoal. While many of the Sheol people simply stayed in their homelands after the wars with Wa-Ik ended, many of the noble families of Sheol fled north during and after the war. With them they brought their armies and servants, as well as their sense of entitlement. Almost right away they tried to assert themselves in the region. However, its attempts to get tribute from the Tokatyans failed miserably, and their early campaigns against Heoal in an attempt to regain the Sheol homelands were disasters. Now its rulers pace in their dark chambers quietly, waiting for the next opportunity to prove Sheol is the rightful heir of Szandor’s Empire.

Country Name: Shayi
Culture: Jorissi [Moderate] Ik [Slight] Sheol [Minor]
Army: 600 chariots, 3,000 Levies
Navy: 70 ships
Income: 3,400 (1800 upkeep)
Description: The wars with Oner caused many Jorissi to flee north. Those in the Hanyi Islands believed that if they didn’t flee they would soon find themselves working in the gold mines as Oner’s slaves. And so they fled northeast, settling along the shore near the LaVey. Finding a fairly pleasant climate and a pretty peaceful environment (except for the ongoing struggles between warlords to the east) they quickly set up cities and fishing villages. Like true Jorissi they began to take part in local trade, and it wasn’t long before their merchant ships were sailing the seas. Eventually the threat of Oner disappeared, but Shayi remained.

Country Name: Shekelesh
Culture: Khefereti [Moderate] Aotomite [Moderate] Jietsaari [Minor]
Army: 1,000 Professionals 6,000 Levies
Income: 4,500 (3,200 upkeep)
Description: A black sheep amongst the Khefereti states, Shekelesh’s focus has mostly been on conquest and the acquisition of more inland territories. While still maintaining a modest fleet, its army is truly the envy of the region. Having numerous conflicts with the Aotomites through the centuries, and a few border disputes with the Jietsaari fairly recently, Shekelesh isn’t exactly loved by its neighbors. Still, the current state of affairs is warm enough to allow trade between the peoples of the Khorofat. Although this trade has given Shekeleshi generals a good taste of what other lands have to offer, lighting the fire in their hearts for conquest once more.

Country Name: Sohoi
Culture: Jorissi [High] Iun [Weak] Onysabr [Slight]
Manpower: 23,000
Army: 1,500 Chariots, 4,000 Levies
Navy: 100 Ships
Income: 6,000 (4800 upkeep)
Description: Once a great empire with control of some of the Hanyi Islands, Sohoi has been made more compact by surrounding powers. Ceocor has launched numerous land grabs from the south, while Treman has taken its Hanyi possessions away from it. Still holding onto its land next to the Deros River tightly, even those lands seem to be slipping away. Numerous cities are showing signs of treachery, looking to Deros as an ideal protector as opposed to the unstable and unlucky Sohoi.

Country Name: Shareonol
Culture: Sheol [Moderate] Ik [Above Average]
Manpower: 45,000
Army: 1,000 Chariots, 7,000 Levies
Income: 5,000 (3400 upkeep)
Description: After the constant fighting between warlords in the region stopped, Shareonol became surprisingly tranquil. Large fields of wheat and the gentle rush of the Eoril greet those who travel to its lands. And while it certainly has a formidable army, it hasn’t been forced to use it for ages. But how long will this status quo last with the more ambitious Sheol states looking to expand their power.

Country Name: Shivan
Government: Theocratic Confederation
Culture: Ki [All Encompassing] Parhtan [Weak]
Manpower: 30,000
Navy: 55 Ships
Income: 3,400 (550 upkeep)
Description: Dwelling in relative isolation, Shivan has slowly come to spread along the Wiskansin River fairly peacefully. Relying mostly on its geographical position and sheer numbers to keep away outsiders, it has no actual standing army. But with increasing amounts of contact from the outside world, one must wonder how long this can last without someone taking advantage of this.

Country Name: Spesh
Culture: Spiich [Moderate] Onysabr [Moderate]
Army: 400 Professionals 900 Levies
Income: 2,000 (980upkeep)
Description: A powerful Spiich city-state, its leaders have gone to great lengths to make themselves as similar to the Onysabr as possible. Worshipping Onys, organizing their armies in the Onysabric fashion, and even making frequently visits to Egomusc to witness the Statue of Onys, the kings of Spiich have modeled much of their lives off of Oner. Still, Spiich customs still reside in this peculiar city. Instead of Acons there are still kings, and much of the lower class still worships the old pantheons.

Country Name: Takila
Culture: Aotomite [All Encompassing]
Navy: 5 Ships
Income: 50 (50 upkeep)
Description: Disgusted with the warring of Valamand and the other Aotomites, a large amount of Takila Aotomites went to the island sharing their name, hoping one day their brethren would give up their violent ways. Now the island is populated largely by monks, priests, and their families. While lacking any real military, the monks also posses no real wealth. Thus the island is generally left alone by outsiders, regarding it as a worthless rock with no value.

Country Name: Taik
Culture: Ik [Strong] Sheol [Slight]
Manpower: 45,000
Army: 15,000 Levies 1,000 chariots
Navy: 30 ships
Income: 8,000 (5,000 upkeep)
Description: Holding the heartlands of the Ik, Taik’s vast fields are not matched by any power in the world. Massive wheat fields dominate the land, as well as numerous other crops. The sheer volume of food that is produced in Taik is incredible, allowing it to both support a large population and export much of it. Shayi in particular has a large demand for food that Taik merchants are glad to supply, in exchange for rare goods such as salt and gold of course.

Country Name: Tjeker
Culture: Khefereti [Strong]
Navy: 90 Ships
Income: 5,600 (1000 upkeep)
Description: Quiet, quiet Tjeker. Not really sticking out amongst the Khefereti states, this might actually be a good thing. Taking few losses in the numerous wars against Pelese and more than making up for them in-between conflicts, Tjeker has steadily rose in power over the years. Slowly but steadily it has colonized the eastern parts of the Khorofat, including an important choke point that has allowed it to make a handsome profit.

Country Name: Tricathia
Culture: Spiich [Minor] Kalthuan [Slight]
Manpower: 7,000
Income: 1,200 (100 upkeep)
Description: A relatively large Kalthuan state, it has stayed isolated to all but the most curious of Leavourian traders. Relations with Scion were never that warm; although it was looked in a little kinder light once it abandoned democracy. Leavoure traders occasionally come south in search of medicinal herbs and copper. Spiich ideals long ago “corrupted” the Kalthuans of Tricathia, causing them to be a little more favorable to the idea of Monarchies and such. This has further separated them from the Kalthuans.

Country Name: Treman
Culture: Jorissi [High] Ik [Minor]
Navy: 75 Ships
Income: 5,600 (1150 upkeep)
Description: Controller of the highly valued Hanyi Islands, Treman is quickly rising in power due to its gold trade. Possessing a large fleet that constantly patrols the waters around the Hanyi Islands, it’s a wonder it hasn’t moved its capital to the islands. Still, it is heavily dependant on Sohoi for food, which has prevented it from doing too much aggressive expansion inland. And merchants from Shayi carrying salt to the south aboard their ships have prevented total domination of the markets. Treman in a way is stuck in the status quo, albeit one that is fairly profitable.

Country Name: Tukschern
Culture: Ibapomarc [All Encompassing]
Manpower: 50,000
Army: 17,000 Levies 100 War elephants
Income: 5,000 (4,400 upkeep)
Description: Wild and mad, the warriors and hunters of Tukschern roam the jungles and plains of the south, killing elephants, rhinos, lions, you name it. Even villages are considered worth attack by some, helping hunters improve their strength and skill. Over time this massive empire has conquered or killed all opposition under the leadership of the great Hunter-Kings. These great hunters have begun to look north for bigger and more dangerous game. There they found mighty lions and jackals, and elephants much bigger than those in their homelands. But most notable are the people. Civilized and orderly, they prefer to farm instead of hunt. These weaklings have even begun inhibiting Ibapomarc hunters that have attempted to hunt in their lands. This is unacceptable.

Country Name: Uea
Government: Theocratic Oligarchy
Culture: Iun [All Encompassing]
Manpower: 60,000
Military: 6,000 Levies 400 Chariots
Income: 7,300 (2000 upkeep)
Description: Uea, land of the Skaar’a and their servants. A mighty empire spanning many miles and containing massive amounts of people, it has surprisingly never really looked outwards in hopes of bringing its might down upon others. No, it is mainly focused with maintaining order, and holding everything together. The main thing the Uea treasury is spent on is magnificent temples and statues dedicated to the Skaar’a. And while some grumble that the Skaar’a are a little full of themselves these days, they have proved to be at least fairly competent at keeping the Iun out of trouble. They have especially been good at making efficient use of their small military. Uea possesses just enough of an army to discourage an invasion, although if push comes to shove, Uea could very well field an army of unimaginable size.

Country Name: Valamand
Culture: Aotomite [Strong] Khefereti [Slight]
Manpower: 24,000
Army: 5,000 Levies, 700 Chariots
Navy: 55 Ships
Income: 3,200 (1500 upkeep)
Description: Originally the Aotomites went to their holy land with the intention of existing peacefully in the new lands, farming and fishing while being under the watchful eye of god. But now times have changed. Heathens encroach upon the Holy Land, and some even dare try to take it from the Aotomites. Thus Valamand came to be. A collection of various Aotomite tribes united to defend and preserve the Holy Land, it has defended its land with great fervor for as long as any man can remember. Their majestic temples and vast collections of stone tablets are as valuable to them as the gold of the west and spices of the south to the merchant and the shield and the spear to the warrior.

Country Name: Varr
Government: Democracy
Culture: Kalthuan [High]
Manpower: 3,000
Income: 900
Description: A tiny Kalthuan city-state, it doesn’t have much going for it. No army, no navy, and a low population. Its low population has allowed for the government to be surprisingly efficient though, meaning fewer problems with dissidents and the like. There is one thing in Varr that seems to be beneficial. A new material called “marble” is being found in the mountains. It is fairly valuable to craftsmen in the region, and some merchants further away are starting to take interest as well.

Country Name: Weshishi Confederacy
Government: League of City-States
Culture: Khefereti [Moderate]
Manpower: 19,000
Army: 5,000 Levies
Navy: 40 Ships
Income: 3,400 (500 upkeep)
Description: When the city of Heresh rebelled from Pelese, Pelese had it hands filled with almost every other Khefereti state in the Khorafat. Seizing this opportunity, it grew in power and territory, engaging in many battles with the Pelese forces. But eventually like the others that opposed Pelese it was eventually defeated. However, its defeat wasn’t complete enough that it could be forced to rejoin Pelese. And so it spread along the Was River. Hereshi rebels spread like wild fire in the north, building numerous cities whom eventually banded together to form the Weshishi Confederacy. Fiercely anti-Pelese, it has been held together by a dislike of Pelese’s domination of the region. However, with Pelese’s decline, many question whether the Confederacy is still needed to protect the city-states from Pelese.

Country Name: Zesta
Government: Republic
Culture: Onysabr [Moderate] Kalthuan [Weak]
Manpower: 20,000
Army: 400 professionals, 4,000 Levies
Income: 2,100 (1600 upkeep)
Description: While the old slave republic of Zesta has long been destroyed, a successor has arisen that has managed to not get trampled in its infancy. Lead mostly by rich and influential men rather than freedmen, it has done a good job separating itself from its predecessor. It even has a fairly sizeable slave class, although nowhere near as high as the other Onysabric countries. Interestingly enough, many words spoken by Kalthuan philosophers can be heard spoken in Zesta’s forums. While some wonder how the northerners learned of these great thinkers and their works, it is obvious that the Kalthuan influence is there, if ever so slightly.

Player List:
Country/Player

Tukschern/bombshoo
Delegra/Bil
Ceocor/Matt0088
Hadatat/SoldierChild
Taik/Kentharu
Uea/Dance.Down
Leovoure/lord_joakim
Pelese/Abaddon
League of Ikat/Kal'thzar
Khaurt/Eltain
Tjeker/Shadowbound
Qwatuum/Cobalt Command
Takila/cindle
Kunlan League/Masada
Na-Dhrudhilim/LittleBoots

Jorisi
Starting Location: [Choose from the cradle map; preferably giving me your own map pinpointing the location for me and other players]
Society: Our Sociaty is based on a Hereditary King on the top, and His wife, Appointed Vicars, and Advisors are next. With these are elected representatives of different associations of trade, people, and cities, mostly regional leaders. Next down are Generals, Admirals, Guild Chiefs, Chief of the Towns and other local desingations. Finally are the Middle class: The Merchents, Land-holders, Retired generals with their estates and other 'Men of Crafts'. At the very bottem are farmers, laberors and fishermen. The few slaves are not counted. Everyone can move up or down this system with their reputition of their work or their leader shio: A Fishermen can become an advisor after organizing a support group after a hurrican, as well as a Vicar can become a slave if he accidentally allowed the king to be poisoned.
Lineage: They trace 'Main' family through the father, who is the 'Trunk' of the family. The Wife is the 'Root', Grand parents are the 'Deep Roots' and kids are the branches. Cousins are considered grown fromt he same roots. Sometimes, through inbreeding, one can find a village that is entirely one family, other times, in famine, you can find areas without any major family system. It is normal, however, to foster children, or to cast them out, based on their deeds.
Values: They believe that all men should strive to make themselves better while respecting others. So they praise respect, reputation, and reasoning.
Religion(s): Rikaria is the religion of the Kings, where the Sun God appoints a family to rule. If the family is dissenting for generations, any respectable Vicar is allowed to depost of the King. in Rikaria, the king represents the humans to heaven, and heaven to mankind. If he messes up heaven will look unkindly to mankind, if he does well the heavens will reward his kingdom.
Araikur is the Religion of the lower classes, who although know of the Rikarian way of the Kings, also worship a more commen parthenon of family values, guardian spirts, and the God of Nigh Araika, where this sub-religion gomes from/
Language(s): Their language is based on a base words and words that describe these base words. (If Ku is Tamed creature, and Lim is milk and Yi is meat, then a cow is Kulimyi). Often over time words are abbreviated shorter and smoother. Verbs are slightly harsher, distinct from the nouns and the adjectives, often atached with direct objects or indirect objects.
Mythos: They believe that the Sun God created the Universe. The Moon god created the world, and their daughter Yuemen created the animals with her wish for friends, and the Jorisi are the first.
Economic Base: Their life is based on basic trade and industry, farming and fishing are used together for food, and mining are used for sharp stones and ore. Extra food can be turned in to the guild of a village for credits of clay that can be used to buy products, and the food would be traded or eaten by the guild. Crafts are also traded to the guilds. These guilds are 'Institutions' representing the villages in the outer world. Inventions are commen.
Nation Names: Main one if Jorise, but also: Sohoi, Hanyi, Kente, Deros, Menkai and Treman.
Person Names: Yuemen Kaiun, Granho Youra, Shiah Wenath, Fernato Youra, Jecouri Rema, Dorath Kairo,
(Female General/Stone Smiter of Youra, Forest Seeker of Wenath, The Wealthy, The Fortunate, The Death Dealer)
Place Names: Jorise, Sohoi, Hanyi, Kente, Deros, Menkai, Treman, Sahoro
[Add anything else you want to say]
I got this from a civ game and named my units. My merchents traveled the world, brining back spices and banannas, as well as gold, and my fighters are ruthless.

Basic Dictionary for Base Words
Kai- Fighter
Gran-Smite, Hit
Shi- Forest, Wood
Fernatona- Wealthy
Jecouritho- Fortunate
Dorath- Death

First Post!

Looks interesting, would Join if I'd have some spare time.

Tralavian Peoples

Starting Location: The region of the mountains containing the eastern river. (see map)

Society: The Tralavians are organized into extremely tight-knit tribes, who are most often organized in tight-knit tribal groupings, which are often organized into tight-knit tribal alliance, all in order to protect themselves and each other from raiders and wild animals and starvation and just about anything else at all. While the tribes will fight each other, it is almost never open warfare; instead, they send their armies to wrestle each other. Not only does this battle of submission result in a clear structure of tribal dominance, but it also helps exercise and train the warriors and hunters who, really, could use all the experience they can get in these harsh times. Men and women both serve as hunters and warriors, as well as both serving as home-makers and child-rears; a father may feel more inclined toward tending the home and the children than he might want to stalk prey through harsh mountains and such, while the mother might be eager to hunt fresh meat and spend days at a time stalking and ambushing. The tribal elders and their shaman kinsmen will keep spirits up in the tribe by speaking to them every night at meal time, telling them of news from afar, news from near, or even just stories of comical or interesting things. Children are raised to be tough, because they live in dangerous mountains, and if the kids aren't tough, they're dead. Boys and girls, just like men and women, are treated equally and if a girl beats up a boy, well, then that's just fine for the girl, and the boy should feel no shame, other than that he got beat up at all. Many of the elderly who have little mental function left (rare though they may be) are permitted to paint on any smooth, flat stones around the villages; thus, many parts of the mountainous regions these people dwell in contain a wide variety of works of art all across the stone walls. When food is scarce, or the terrain has become dangerous, or even if they're just tired of sitting still, a tribe might move and find a new site, taking apart their tents and huts and rolling them up to carry on their backs, toting them somewhere a few miles away, and then setting up quickly in order to get back to work.

Lineage: There are positions for elders who have no roles in the shamanistic circles but are still mentally capable enough to serve a purpose, which are dedicated to the tracking and recording (at least in memory and spoken word) of the lineage of every person in the immediate tribe. Only in times of significant political intermarriage do these Lineage Elders ever get together to compare their memories and figure out how the two tribes were now connected, and discussing the birthright value of the tribesmen that come from whichever side. One might say, "She is the daughter of [so-n-so], who is the son of [so-n-so], who drove out the snakes from the High Cave On The River," while the other will say, "He is the son of [so-n-so] the butcher who is the son of [so-n-so] the warrior, who killed ten men from upriver." They would then argue about which feats of family history were more important and thus which member of the marriage had more history to give them value.

Values: More than anything else, the ability to provide for your family and community is the most important thing of all. Whether it be food or clothes, tools or stories, as long as you have something to offer, it's well-accepted by the Tralavians. When a beloved family member dies, or a warrior is killed in battle (friend or foe), they are taken back to the camp and prepared into the meal; the shamans believe that ingesting the body of the fallen is like ingesting their spirit, and it will give you a bit of their strength and skill, while causing them no harm in their afterlife. Most Tralavians know how to fight, because life is hard in these mountainous lands of theirs, and they must often have a series of shows of force to their neighboring tribes and cultures in order to make sure that little violence comes bearing down on their villages. When violence does come, they fight with a ferocious tenacity, often being described as "beast-like" and evil "possessed" by evil forces, for they bite and tear and break whatever they can get their hands on. By the end of many a battle, an enemy tribe or group will often be chased off in terror as they witness the Tralavian warriors literally drenched in the blood of the fallen, their eyes wide and filled with horror.

Religion(s): Tralavians believe in three guiding goddesses who have, together, worked toward the greater good of humanity. Jahilien, the goddess of the hunt, is most important of all, for without her there is no food. Yehhel, goddess of fertility and birth, is second most, for without her there are no new generations and no crops (whenever they get around to figuring out how to grow those things). Milehelil, goddess of death and feasts, is third most important, for it is she who guides the spirits of the dead to peace within their own flesh, hopefully to be eaten and made one with their fellow humankind; if a corpse is left to rot, or even worse, is buried, Milehelil's work in binding the spirit to it will cause the soul to go mad, which many Tralavians believe results in hauntings of forgotten places and the bodies coming back to a sort of un-life, where they attempt to eat the flesh of the living to restore themselves to life. Aside from these three goddess, there are thousands (if not more) of both masculine and feminine free-spirits that roam this world, each with anywhere between one and two dozen facets to their list of attributes, and many whom share attributes with each other. The spirits rove the world and influence things as they see fit, on whatever whims they wish to have, and do however they please. At times, a particularly great soul will be released from their flesh in order to join the spirits in the wild, leaving the body valueless and inert; it is then burned.

Language(s): Tralavian language is harsh, but functional, and geared mostly towards explaining locations, directions, and tactics. Certain, more pacifistic concepts, do not exist immediately, for life with things like that is so far impossible. They bear no written language yet, but will often add pictorial representations of events to cave walls, cliff faces, and various smooth rocks, alongside the near-insane artwork of the mindless elders (who otherwise have no function, remember). Oral tradition is extremely important, especially when it comes to lineage, though even just explaining stories of hunts and the behaviors of animals and great ambushing hides is all extremely important as well. Many of the words in their language pertain to select features of the animals they hunt, and the behaviors that they exhibit in the wild, all in order to enable a young hunter to identify such animals and predict their actions.

Mythos: Once, the world was a smooth and featureless stone sphere, a mere plaything for the three goddesses to enjoy. As time went on, from their harsh handling of the sphere, it developed features; grooves, ridges, pits and peaks, all from their heavy handling of the stone. Jahilien thought it was most interesting to see the strange topography of this toy, and she held it for longer than she was permitted. The other two became angry and tried to take it from her, and their fighting caused more damage, making its features that much more extreme. Finally, through all their fighting, they tore the sphere apart and accidentally pulled it taut. It was now a stone sheet held in their collective six hands, and its features were shown all at once to them all. They, abashed at their lack of care for their only toy, gently set it down and tried to determine how to put it back together.

After some time, Milehelil said, "I like it how it is. It has so many interesting features, and I can see them all at once now. Can we keep it this way?" The others agreed, though they all now wanted to paint it. So, they covered the sheet in paints and pigments, the image evolving an infinite number of times before they finally settled on a color scheme they liked. Jahilien said, "It's pretty now, but it's boring! We can't play with it anymore, just look at it!" Yehhel thought and thought, until she came up with an idea to begin spitting all over the sheet. Her sisters looked confused, but let her work, and soon the whole sheet was covered in spit. Some parts dried out too fast, and stayed barren and dirty, covered in layers of sand. Other parts didn't dry out enough, and they stayed wet and in some places this spittle pooled in the valleys and pits until large lakes and seas and oceans had formed. The places that had become just dry enough, but still wet as well, began to sprout then, and huge trees burst forth, and grass rolled out in waves, and flowers bloomed and birds sprung forth into the air, and the insects multiplied at once from birth, and the animals began to frolic and roam, and the seas formed fish and stranger things than that. Soon, the whole of the sheet was covered in life, and the three sisters marveled at their new toy.

As things grew and multiplied, it all started to overwhelm itself because it had no way to stop growing. Milehelil panicked and began squishing things all about, trying to get them to stop spreading so much. Yehhel and Jahilien tried to come up with a more permanent solution, and so they spit together in many places and from that formed the predators, the hunters, the killers. Soon, Milehelil realized that small life was running about, squishing things too, and she no longer had to work quite as hard. As time passed, the sheet became in balance with itself, and the three goddesses became relaxed.

Suddenly, one day while watching the sheet, the three goddesses found themselves ill! They vomited all at once, about the sheet and on the floor and in the air and all over the whole room! From this vomit came the free spirits, thousands of them, all flying and soaring and roaming all about, having their own fun with the sheet and the life there, some being good and others being bad, and all being far too many for even the three of them to keep track of. "Oh no!" said Milehelil, failing to squish any of them at all, "What can we do?!" The trio thought long and hard, and began to scheme up a new tool that could keep the spirits in line; something mindful and aware, something able to command the spirits and chase them off with tools like fire and bloody fists (even though the spirits can come to no harm, they frighten very easily!). After many days of thought and panic at their suffering microcosm, the three girls worked together to take some of the dry dirt, and some of the sea's water, shaping it into many small forms, then blowing their hot breath across it, and placing it near the heavenly lights to heat them, until suddenly the small shapes all came to life.

They were terrified little shapes! With no knowledge, they panicked, and began to jump all about, trying to fight each other and chase down trees and run over water and rarely even realized that the things they were supposed to be fighting and chasing off were no even to be seen! The goddesses, in their panic, had not taught them, and had actually built them quite poorly! Many of these shapes had taken a liking to the destruction they found themselves capable, while many others found themselves pathetic and terrified of all around them. The goddesses tried to teach their new shapes as well as they could, and many had gathered 'round to learn, though many more stayed out on the sheet and stayed wild and dangerous. Those that learned went back to their parts of the world-sheet and set up homes, building fires and honing tools. These new shapes were horrifying to some of the free spirits, and fascinating to others, but either way they settled and stopped harming the world so much. Order was finally beginning to fall into place across the great sheet, but now the goddesses knew not what was to happen in the future!

Economic Base: Meat is the most vital commodity, with foraged plants a close second; food in general is the entire basis of their economy at start, though of course things like clothes and tools are important as well. Most objects are made in the home and kept by family members, rarely traded, though this sort of thing is slowly becoming more common as the population grows and people begin to specialize and, actually, become quite good at making singular types of objects. Very rare cases have arisen at this point of the trading of shiny stones and interesting-looking objects, and the prevalence of art in their society is beginning to transfer into simple carvings and sculptures.

Nation Names: Calan, Coltovai, Middenbur, Delegra, Ardovan, Alhadran, Nanavar, Nohavir, Nolkovir, Greveth, Ferthen, Tronil, Lorind

Person Names: Given Male Names (Garan, Hevel, Lird, Treyl, Troyl, Lorin, Lurin, Durin, Drith, Urg, Urig, Unig, Proll, Poltet, Peltet, Pelthot, Aldrot, Alodrot, Andrit, Ardrith, or anything along any of those lines)

Given Female Names (Heyera, Lorel, Lorriel, Laurel, Alis, Neris, Narrise, Jenel, Janil, Jannah, Jana, Olia, Elia, Ella, Ellinda, Nella, Nehella, Illia, India, Erith, Erin, Erindra, Eril, and so on and so on)

Family Names (Groth, Goroth, Grath, Garath, Argorath, Angorath, Droth, Drothon, Drothil, Dreth, Drethen, Drethil, Thiril, Thoril, Thorol, Thirol, Trole, Trolendra, and so on...)

Tribe names are usually based on family names, whichever is most powerful or numerous in the tribe.

Place Names: Most tribal villages and the cities that may eventually grow out of them are often named for the tribes that originated the settlement or otherwise lived in the area. Other names include (Travhal, Torvhal, Thorhal, Kalar, Kalahar, Kalshar, Klashar, Klashkar, Yevel, Yelhel, Orval, Ollar, Ollahar, Pryal, Poryal, Pryoral, Eloral, Eoril...) and that's enough for now. Just make variations on any of them, or any of the names I've suggested, and it'll be fine.

I haven't proof-read any of this yet, so I'm sorry for any mistakes or confusing bits. I'll be back to read over it and fix my mistakes a little later.

Claiming the northwestern nub of a peninsula, just on the edge of the known world. NNW of Charles Li, WSW of Bill.

I'd be happy to claim the small river collision in the southernmost part of the map. You know what I mean. Will add a culture list in a moment.

Daradula
Starting Location:

Society: The society of the Daradul peoples believes that dominance in a particular field should grant authority. It is ruled by the strongest, and divided into a variety of bands who operate generally independently of each other. People are believed to possess particular traits based on the colour of their eyes, which are believed to contain peoples spiritual essences.
Lineage: The concept of lineage is not particularly strong for the Daradul. When someone dies, their essence is said to have passed back into the band, the same goes for their material possessions. People view the tribe as their family, although naturally mothers hold particular emotional importance for their offspring.
Values: The Daradul value strength, rhythmn, and dutiful adherence to one's roles.
Religion(s): Darandul society also features a strong focus on music. Everything is believed to occur in a massive, natural rhythmn, and drumming is thus a form of worship. A sense of the world's metaphorical heartbeat, and thus a sense of rhythmn, are viewed as spiritual attunement.
Language(s): The Darandul do not speak as much as they sing their language. The sounds of the language are pleasant and euphonic, but there is not yet any sort of written language. Each word has several different forms, and speaking two words in mutually rhyming forms draws relationships between particular ideas, thus emphasizing the importance of their relationship in the phrase. As a general rule regarding people and nations, the suffix -ul refers to a person or some people, and the suffix -ula refers to a tribe or nation.
Mythos: The Daradul have little need for a flowery ancestral story- they are but a small part of the vast culture that spans the northern mountains, having gradually migrated down the great canyon of the Garado River up until modern day, where they have made contact with the Tralavians.
Economic Base: Raiding, Hunting, Gathering, Primitive Mountainous Herding
Nation Names: Daradula, Trankula, Pargula, Kergula
Person Names: Debar Azu Koneta, Priam Azu Kargul, Haidan Abra Konoso,
Place Names: Darad Mountains, Garado River, Great Canyon of the Garado, The Kando (The Largest Mountain in Daradul knowledge), The Pargo (A spectacularly steep and craggy mountain), The Gorn (A colossal, but softly-sloped mountain, whose sheltered valleys are some of the most valuable lands of the Daradul.

Spiich

Starting Location: thumbnailed.

Society: Traditionally oriented agricultural villages surrounding a number of city states. Each city has its own individual government, however in general, they are despotic and lead by a small elite, usually with a king (or warlord) in lead. The system is, however, collapsing as a rising merchant class is tired of high control and ridiculous taxation by the supreme government.

Lineage: Most warlords have fought their way to the head of state, although a small number of cities have experienced a more stable government with the sons of the previous kings becoming the heirs. This is also one of the interests of the merchants who are tired of barbarian civil war.

Values: Family-centered, people are unaware of existence and treats death as a natural thing, most are interested in fine goods from the civilized north. Wealthier people are generally pleased as long as their sons are succesful in the market or army. You find safety in your family having success.

Religion(s): Very different from city to city, and even within cities. Unofficially, the culture has its pantheon of gods that work with each other to preserve the world, but there are a lot of gods... and several gods share names with another god (Fx., Yevte, god of spring, and/or god of the river Nyiishe).

Language(s): Spiichiton, traces of ancient tongues in the south (Harkigm and Iiolton), although very unimportant. Enclosed to this message you may find a pice of architecture that might please you since it's from the site the Spiich lived in.

Mythos: Depends on what god you follow... one of the most acknowledged beliefs is that men swam out of water as they used to be seaturtles - this is a theory usually shared by followers of Miundri! While Miundri is the god of the sea.

Economic Base: corn production, distribution of "civilized" goods with people to the south and east, purchase of "exotic" goods from the people to the south and i. xD

Nation Names: Speshh, Kagriehl, Leouve, Ataklurk

Person Names: Jiiumani, Gyriku, Bokeech, Meouhank

Place Names: Spichmea, Ototk, Nyiishe

I would like just to reaffirm my starting spot at the beginning of the southern river. I'll get the template in later when I have the time.:)

Ki
Starting Location: The beginning of the northern river on the shore
Society: See religon
Lineage: Each household has a female leader.
Values: Hardwork and dedication.
Religion(s):Each household has a patron god detirmening their jobs in the culture as a whole. This patron god is hereditary, but if an individual shows promise or dishonors themselves they may be switched to a new patron god. Also, each houshold has female who is considered the leader.
Language(s): Similar to chinese characters
Mythos: First there was nothing. Then there was all. In this swirling sea of chaos the gods were formed. They shaped the sea of chaos into the world and it's creatures. But saw that something was missing. And so they created woman to inhabit the world. But still somthing was missing, and so they created the lesser man to work for womanity and help her to propagate.
Economic Base: All resources are shared with others for the benifit of the people as a whole.
Nation Names: kitaka, shivan, alookani, skanaska
Person Names: Mikoden Cltok, fiskia chindinial
Place Names: Havarka, vilovious, poliup, dendor, wiskansin
This is based off of a country I made in another NES that didn't update afterwards:(
Also they refer to the human race as woman instead of man.

Top Bottom