1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NDNESVI(Reboot): Myths, Legends, and Gods

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Ninja Dude, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

4: memes

2. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

Orders

Use all of my energy to create a portal to another dimension of eternal cold through which I will pass and leave this overly hot world and leave in my own dimension. Through the portal all of my previous influences on the world will continue (from it the winds and will blow and cold come out, and the influence on people's mind will continue).

3. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

Get in your orders folks!

4. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Sorry for the late orders. They'll be in today for sure.

5. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

Fortunately, Nyubar doesn't watch over the Gates of the Deadline, amirite.

6. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

SORRY, I had serious writer's block. It was bad.

Statute Orders:

Spoiler :
    2 Major Points - The Children of Statute

Statute will break off three pieces of glowing god-stone from his own body, which, when bathed in the human blood freely given by some of Statute's most brilliant followers over the centuries, will gradually grow themselves into the bodies of three human-shaped demi-gods: Zadre, the Demigoddess of War, Yptych, the Demigod of Technology, and Lit, the Demigoddess of Trade. Each of these three will look just like regular (if extremely tall, fast, brilliant) humans, with the exception of their eyes, which will have the appearance of brilliant prismatic crystals, changing with their emotions, similar to the effect of their father.

Each of these will represent the human accomplishment of a different form of rules-based organization: War, science, and economics. He will ask his children to obey only one rule: Help the mortals learn to help themselves, and do not oppress them. Each of these demi-gods will begin to enrich the Amaranthine Empire in their own spheres, taking control of cities or provinces to experiment with their own projects in banking, universities, or conquest. Most importantly, they will begin to define the "rules" of different institutions beyond pure Law, in specializations that Statute does not have the time or inclination to master on his own.

1 Major Points - The Prison of Nital

In collusion with Nyubar and the Adamant Order, Statute will join the campaign against Nital. However, in keeping with his secret agreement not to harm Nital, he will refuse to engage him until the last moment, when he will attempt to slip in and whisper his final Obligation to Nital: Pass through the ley-lines to Amaranthinium. Even if Nital is capable of resisting the magical contract (and he very well may be), the compulsion will distract him long enough for Statute to attempt his gambit. Using the leyline-channeling spell that Nyubar has created, Statute will attempt to use all of his power to summon one of the randomly-appearing portals of Rios, lock it to the leyline twisted by Nyubar to lead to the deepest, most heavily warded cell in Amaranthinium, and push Nital through it.

If this succeeds, it will accomplish Statute's major goal for the world - To take the beast which could destroy the entire world, and place him in a far more secure prison than one that Nital could have freed himself from, if he had ever realized that he was the only thing keeping himself trapped there. If it fails, Nital has broken the contract with Statute by failing to honor the third Obligation, and Statute can use Imprisoner to fight and bind him in traditional combat, in collaboration with Nyubar and any other gods involved.

1 Minor Point - Reinforcement of Amaranthinium

With the assistance of his son Yptych, Statute will inscribe a powerful warding into the deepest cells of Amaranthinium, the cells meant for holding immortal and magical beings only. In preparation for holding Nital, the cells will be inscribed with a spell that allows any type of power released within them to be channeled into a circuit that reinforces the protections of the cell. This would mean that the more a prisoner attempts to break out of the cell, the stronger the cell gets. Excess energy could be siphoned off into the Diamond Walls, making it even more difficult to break out of the ever expanding prison-city.

1 Minor Point - The Expansion of the Empire

(This would normally be more than a minor point but it also draws off of the major points spent in the creation of Zadre, since this is mostly her project, and the pre-existing resources of the Empire I've built up)

The Crystal Legions, led by a fleet of shimmering warships given as a gift from Statute to Zadre who will be commanding them, will cross the sea to expand the Amaranthine Empire against its foes for the benefit of all mankind. The legions will build crystal roads, planting seeds of the Crystal Trees and spreading organization in their wake, also conquering the local tribes and city-states that dare to stand against them. The route of their advance will be shown on this map.

Following the invasion, Statute will also smite the ground with his hammer, carving a new deep, sheltered bay for a regional capital city and port and bringing a spring burbling out of the ground to produce a new river to make the land fertile for habitation. General ideas for the bay/river are shown, as is the advance route for Zadre's armies.

Spoiler :

1 Minor Point - The Exile of Vash

This has already been hashed to death in the thread and IRC, but everyone will be invited to Amaranthinium to watch Vash go bye-bye for 1,000 years, courtesy of Tai setting up a portal to spaaaaaaaace. Statute is mostly just facilitating this, but he will ensure that invitations are sent to all the major gods so that peace for the slaying of Patron can finally reign after all these centuries and everyone can see that justice has been done. See the contract in-thread for more details.

Statute will use his power to ensure the contract of exile as written is binding on all parties involved, and that there are no attempts to bend the rules or manipulate the ritual of departure. Presumably this can be done after Nital has been successfully imprisoned and the war is over. Perhaps this gathering of the gods may perhaps forshadow a future pantheon? Who knows.

---

Not Sure If Points - Take Kross' test, I guess. Statute is fine for an alliance with Cold North, if it helps bring balance to the world and the seasons.

7. Double A

can I be like

an observer member of your super special club

8. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

I don't see why not!

9. jackelgull

jackelgull An aberration of nature

A fundamental pillar of justice is the value of human life. For what reason do you violate this tenement of justice with your aggressive action? It cannot be because of an oppressive regime - I have not heard the cries of the oppressed and the downtrodden from the area. It cannot be to prevent more death - the area does not experience violent conflict to the scale where such a maneuver would reduce the overall number of deaths. So on what grounds do you justify this conquest? Money? Glory? Because you are strong and they are weak?
    I have always been uneasy with your imperial ambitions, but ultimately I said nothing because I felt confrontation with you was for no one's best interest, and that you would soon tire of increasing your territory, but I now see that this was a mistake. It does not seem you will be satisfied until the whole world is in your grasp. And then what? Will you continue carving bloody swathes through the galaxy? Will you continue this rampage until the words "Thou Shall not kill" become empty hollow words?
    And so I denounce this action and this Pax Imperio (Imperial Peace) as long as it is based on the destruction of other civilizations. It is a mockery of the word peace. I denounce it because to not do so would make me unworthy of the title God of Justice.

10. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Your denouncement means nothing, God of Curses.

Balance will be enforced.

Those who disrupt it will be imprisoned.

Your true nature, and your crimes, will not be forgotten.

11. Ninja Dude

Ninja Dude Sorry, I wasn't listening...

!!JUSTICE!! catfight aside, I have now begun work on the update. Also, check out the proposed rules for Stage II. Any input is appreciated.

12. Double A

How is enforcing a new order "balance?" Isn't that the opposite of balance?

13. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

You see only the weight, and not the fulcrum.

14. Double A

The only thing throwing the world out of balance right now is Nital. Every other divine issue is pretty much settled, right?

So what does playing around with humans accomplish?

15. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Not the only issue. The fundamental issue. The reason I was created.

The goal of the Empire is to make humans powerful enough to balance gods.

16. Double A

Yeah, that's fair.

Still. Why not just plop out another continent for them instead of having them fight other humans?

17. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Besides being incredibly irresponsible? It would upset Harika and her followers.

18. Double A

It could hover.

19. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

OOC: Statute order excerpt:

The Divine Contract contains an article mandating the imprisonment and/or destruction of Nital. Ergo it chronologically is assumed that the contract is "signed" prior to the "Nital Question" having being dealt with (otherwise there would be no point in having the relevant obligation in there).

Either way it doesn't really affect any of the rest of statutes actions, since imprisoning Nital (as statute will attempt to do) is within his obligations (albeit bare minimum).

20. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Vash looks forward to the outcome of the resolution that incarnate-law itself deemed right and just and fitting with the balance of the world and the institution of the contract which was signed, sealed and sanctified before heaven, with its statutes being clearly written for all to see.

ooc: Also, how Vash refers to the other gods when not calling them by name.

Spoiler :
    Nyubar: Eldest Brother (big brother) (Keeper of the Gate)
    Tai: The First Sun
    Nital: The Lord of Ruin (Lord of Chaos)
    Statute: The Warden (of - - -)
    Rula: The Lord of Nightmare
    Harika: Queen of the Deeps
    Kross: The Lord of Winter
    Patron: He who Fell (Littlest Brother)
    (): The Outsider
    Fuku: The Lord of Curses
    Yagna: The Lady of the Woods
    Achandasha: The Queen of Heaven
    Dancer: The Dread Hunter
    Rios: The Doormaker
    Curator: The Collector

~ in brackets indicates added modifiers, or alternate terms of address.
    ~ Vash considers Nyubar and Patron to be his brothers, since they emerged at the same time and have a certain bond reflected in their relationship as the three original gods of humanity (As compared to elemental gods like tai and harika who represent physical reality).