Need a civ4 PvP strategy forum

EDIT: Nm i guess there is a pvp forum its just not as popular for strategy.

Im beginning to notice that this is the first civ[imo] where there are two distinct types of advice being bantered about.

There are alot of people that talk about how to beat real people and dont reference that fact. And there is alot of people that talk about how to beat the AI and dont reference that fact.

There are alot of people that want advice on how to beat the AI. And there are alot of people that really want advice on how to beat other players and get advice that is more about how to beat the AI.

The distinction is the nonpvp game is about learning the nuances of a predictable intelligence and milking it for maximum effect. PvP games however are more about doing things that work against unpredictable people and working out what are strong gambits that can catch people off guard and or solid play against someone that might try anything.

So I suggest a forum titled
"Civ4 PvP Strategy" is in order as a subset of the general forum.

The idea is that perhaps people interested in that might have a place to work out what works against real players. And also i think it might help unmuddle what i percieve to be two different perspectives in alot of threads.

Top Bottom