Need a couple testers for my new scenario

GoldEagle

Deity of All Drummers
Hey guys, I just finished my new Scenario. It's the Earth, 4000BC-2050AD, with realistic starting locations. Here are the Specs:

-Realistic starting locations
-28 Total Civs
-5 New Civs: Sioux, Mali, Canada, Australia, Philippines
-6 New Unique Units:
- Navy SEAL - America
- Lakota Warrior - Sioux
- Mountie - Canada
- Skirmisher - Mali
- Digger - Australia
- Huk Guerilla – Philippines

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in testing it?

Thanks,
GE

you provide us with the files and I might give it a try...maybe AW style as this is what I have been playing all this while

Before i start testing, here are a couple of things that i think might improve/help:

*need to check the UUs and the units they replace. for instance, the canadian UU - the mountie - should replace the cavalry, but because you have replaced the celts with them, they can still build cavalry, but cant build swordsmen, coz the celt UU replaces the swordsman.

*some civ traits for the new civs should be reconsidered. i presume you havent changed them from the civs they replaced. eg, australia, IMO, should be industrious and agricultural rather than seafaring and commercial, like the dutch were.

*i would make the aussie PM robert menzies, since he is our longest serving prime minister. howard florey, the inventor of penicillin, should be a scientific leader too :)

*although not essential, adding custom graphics would really improve the look of the game, although it does increase the size of the download. in the same vain, custom writing for the new units and races would be good too

i'll be back later with some game reports :)

First update

Canada (Monarchy)
170 AD 325 gold (-3 per turn)
Feudalism (5 turns)
13 cities

I'm just winning in points, a few above the Aussies. Havent been able to build a wonder so far, got pipped at the post a couple of times.

i've expanded as far as i can south and west before i got blocked by the sioux and the americans. now im expanding to the north east and building my military. something interesting i found is that swordsmen upgrade to musketmen. im not sure, but i always thought that swordsmen upgraded to medieval infantry.. unless you have changed it, in which case its fine :)

Alexander Flemming invented penicillin no? not Florey... or am i missing a chuck of newly discovered historical data?

Top Bottom