1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a Diplomatic Victory MOD

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Requests & Ideas' started by Quindorrian, Jun 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Quindorrian

Quindorrian Chieftain

Hi All. I am looking for a MOD that basically doubles the number of points required for a Diplomatic Victory. Playing the game with Extended Eras, Diplomatic Victories come way too fast. Basically, either myself or the AI will be on the verge of winning in the Medieval Era. It's super easy. 20 points seems to come easy and fast in Extended Eras. Is there any way to make this 40 points required? Thanks for any help!

2. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Simple one-line code you could either use in an existing mod or create one yourself. (You could also change the value in the GlobalParameters.xml if so inclined.)
    Code:
    UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value = Value*2 WHERE Name = 'DIPLOMATIC_VICTORY_POINTS_REQUIRED';

You can stick whatever value you want in there. I use the original value 25 instead of 20.

3. Quindorrian

Quindorrian Chieftain

Thank you for the help. So, what would the code be if I wanted to update the GlobalParameters.xml? Also, would it affect my existing saves? Thanks again!

4. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Directly changing the value in the game file? Just open the Expansion2_GlobalParameters.xml in a text editor, find the line <Replace Name="DIPLOMATIC_VICTORY_POINTS_REQUIRED" Value="20" />, and replace 20 with whatever value you want; 40 or whatever. You won't be able to use any arithmetic operators though like in the code I posted.
    Yes.

CoconutTank likes this.
  5. Quindorrian

Quindorrian Chieftain

Thanks so much Laurana! Was hard to find the file on Mac, but finally found it. Giving it a go. Really appreciate it.

Laurana Kanan likes this.