1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a MOD that turns Civ5 into Civ6 (Governers, Envoys, etc)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by King Phaedron, Aug 21, 2020.

1. King Phaedron

King Phaedron Chieftain

Civilization 6 is an unfixable mess. The terrible AI, Inconsistent Rules, inability to puppet or generate gold, faith, science without selecting a city project every turn, the constant timeline interruption everytime your bomber destroys an armada or army, it's downright atrocious, it really is.

I want to go back to playing Civ5. The AI here is good, the Movement system is polished, the cities are easier to manage, but I like the Envoys, Governers, Districts, Housing, and in general all of the Civ6 ruleset. Except for the World Congress, that was much better in Civ 5.

Is there like a MOD that changes a lot of the rules for Civ5 to that of Civ6?
    Civ5 Brave New World is a very stable and polished game.

I suspect it would be easier to change the Civ5 systems, then to fix the problems in Civ6

What are your thoughts?

2. salty mud

salty mud Deity

Try Vox Populi, which introduces a local city happiness system, with some submods, such as unique city states. I think districts are not possible. Civ VI was fully built and designed around their use whereas Civ V wasn't.

What you're asking for is unfortunately an impossible mix of Civ V and VI; ultimately, you must decide which game you prefer.