1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a way to remove mountains

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Karnja, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Karnja

Karnja Chieftain

Since kael doesnt plan to change / improve mountains (as far as i know) i want to ask if there is a way to remove them? or kael, can you add a feature "remove all mountains" (something like "add all unique features)?

i know alot of player feel the same way like me, and mountains are pretty useless, not to say annoying as hell for city development.

thx in advance for help.

2. Neomega

Neomega Deity

No.

No way.

No way.

I love mountains, so much so that I hate volcanoes because they ruin mountian ridges. Mountains are barriers, and provide awesome natural fortresses.

3. mortus

mortus Chieftain

You can play on an non-Erebus land mass.

4. Karnja

Karnja Chieftain

i play on fractal, still to many mountains.

is there a way to remove all mountains together via the world builder?

5. Neomega

Neomega Deity

My bad. I misread, I thought you wanted like a spell to remove mountains.

You are really asking for a regular Civ IV feature, though, not a FFH specific one.

6. Karnja

Karnja Chieftain

any way is welcome. i played a bit with the world builder but i could not find a feature that just replace all mountains with hills or something :(

7. wilboman

wilboman Hibernorse Frost Giant

I don't think it is possible to make an option that removes them, I would imagine a separate mapscript would be the way to go.

8. JFSebastian

JFSebastian Scout

I personally have no experience yet with map scripts, but I'm sure you could make a map script that excludes mountains.

I find mountain ranges to be extremely useful personally (at least on tectonic maps) and they are an important part of differentiating the map. Therefore, its probably a safe bet that such a game option will never come to be.

I'd suggest figuring out how to mod your favorite map script to exclude mountains. Perhaps its not that difficult and a map script coder will post the instructions for you. In the mean time, check out the map script section of the Creation and Customization forum HERE. Thats where I would start to begin learning and to find help figuring it out.

9. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

You would need a special map script. Mountains are handled mostly in parts of the code we cannot access. They are defined like other terrains in CIV4TerrainInos.xml, but this can be deleted without changing anything.

10. JFSebastian

JFSebastian Scout

After sticking my nose in the Map Script Forum, I decided to download a few map scripts to try out, including an updated Tectonics and one called Planet Generator.

Decided to try out Planet Generator and wha'dya know, it has an option for no peaks. In fact, I've never encountered a map script with anywhere near so MANY options.

Check it out --> LINK

11. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Though beware, I think that Planet Generator script messed up many of my maps for MP play, but it might have been something else. :p