Need advice

Bamboozle

Professional Bowel Mover
England 600 AD start. Settled London, Plymouth and Dublin, Inverness flipped to me.

Chose to beeline Guilds for Knights in order to fulfill my Hundred Years' War fantasies and conquered France. I settled Brest (stupid choice, I know, but it's too late now) and used it as a springboard to take Bordeaux. The French collapsed soon after, and while I was hammering at indy Paris, those sneaky Dutch stole it from me. Discovered Mali, vassalized them.
Spent the next century or so beelining Rifling, built a SoD of Knights and Cannons and conquered Paris and Amsterdam, leaving the Dutch with just one city in Denmark. Capitulated them.
For some reason the Vikings had Frankfurt, and its culture was too strong: I had to conquer it so my other French and Dutch cities wouldn't starve. Germany collapsed earlier and I took Berlin. Got rifling at around 1670 and Astronomy afterwards, currently sending a Redcoat + Cannon x2 Galleon to India.
Dutch just collapsed and I helped myself to their city in Denmark.

It's 1715 now: although I have no New World posessions yet, it shouldn't be too hard to crush the Americans with my leftover troops. Currently Solid (20+). Cities are:

London
Inverness
Dublin
Plymouth
Brest
Bordeaux
Paris
Amsterdam
A city in Denmark, forgot the name
Berlin
Frankfort

I appear to be the only civ with Rifling at the moment. Like I said, I'm going for India now, which is indy and has very outdated units.

So, I need your advice so I can know what to do better next time.

How was your stability?
And isn't 1670 a little too late for rifling? I usually get it by the late 1500s or early 1600s.
I might be wrong on this, since it's been some time since I've played vanilla RFC, but India may have jumbos, in which case a lone redcoat won't be enough.

Economy is at 50+,: everything else ranges from +10 to -15. I would tell the specifics, but I'm away from the computer at the moment.
Not sure about the late Rifling: might just be my slow tech. Also might be that I'm on Viceroy (no way I could do this stuff on Monarch+).

In the time since I made this thread, I invaded Spain, took Cadiz, Madrid and The Groyle or whatever it's called. Spain later collapsed, and Portugal went bipolar and conquered everything I just captured. Sadface.

Turkey and the USSR are the superpowers alongside me, but they both are Cautious to me.

Anyways, just ignore that one, I'm starting from 1715 again.

Should I give my vassal Mali my techs in the hope that it gets stronger?

So, I need your advice so I can know what to do better next time.

That all depends on what your goals are. Could you perhaps give some clues? UHV? Domination? Space Race? Recreate the British Empire?

Four cities in the British Isles is I think one too many. Brest is obviously bad.

South Africa is a good idea, you could try using one of the inital settlers to found a city on the Gold on the east coast. Gives access to new happiness resources quickly (Gold, Sugar, Whale) which allows your cities to raise their happiness cap and grow larger sooner.

My main concern with giving Mali techs is he's the "Great African Tech Whore". He will trade the techs you give him around like crazy.

Spoiler :

Conquered a bit of Europe, a bit of India. Now just to dislodge the Soviet Union from their #1 spot on the leaderboards.

I wasn't sure what victory I was going for, so now either Domination, or highest score.

South Africa and Indonesia are next.

Its not correct that vassals (or anyone) can trade away techs you've given them. However, giving more civs knowledge of techs makes them cheaper to research in the original game, pretty sure its true in RFC also.

Top Bottom