1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Need an opinion.. what should I get...

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Harvin87, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Harvin87

Harvin87 The Youth

Hello everyone... I would like to ask your opinion about this...

I would like to start playing Hearts of Iron ... but I dont know if I should go straight for the 3rd delivery of the series ... or get the second one... because according to some reviews... a lot of things changed... and yea ... I would like to read what do you guys think I should get ... 2 or 3...

Thx
    :goodjob:

2. MajorGeneral2

MajorGeneral2 Just happy to be here

Well, I haven't played HoI3 yet, but I'd probably buy HoI2 for now. From what I've heard, HoI3 is still very buggy, whereas I know HoI2 has everything worked out already. It's also a lot cheaper.

HoI3 will be a great game, probably, but I'd say buy the older one for now and wait a few months for the newer game to be patched up.

3. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

Definitely HoI2 for now. Ask again about HoI3 in about a year from now.

4. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Get Hearts of iron II Complete or ANthology, as the expansions are good to have.

5. Harvin87

Harvin87 The Youth

thx a lot people... I will do that ... HoI 2

6. ComradeDavo

ComradeDavo Formerly God

HOI:3!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wait a month to get it. For then the new patch will be out, and most problems with it shall (hopefully) be fixed.

I do love HOI:2, but the future is with 3 my friend....

7. PhroX

PhroX Deity

Two for now. It's cheap and great fun. Give III at least another month or so.

8. Harvin87

Harvin87 The Youth

Understood.

9. Fr8monkey

Fr8monkey Deity

I play HOI 2: Armageddon off and on. It is a very good game to start with. I say start with that to see if it "your thing"... It's not for everyone.

I plan on getting HOI 3 in a few months. I need a new video card in my machine and am broke at the moment.

10. Munch

Munch Benevolent Despot

You may have decided already but I vote HoI2. I bought it a few weeks ago, as a single dvd including both expansion packs, and it was only £12. A bargain for what you get, and it gives you the opportunity to decide whether that kind of game is to your tastes.

HoI3 is a lot more expensive, and I'm sure you'd have to then buy expansions for that too when they are eventually released. Not to mention the bugginess of the current release and likelihood that you'd be patching it multiple times before you get the 'finished' product.