Need for Journalism

Watergate

Chieftain
Dear fellow citizens,

soon our glorious civilization will grow, and with its growth there will also be an increasing requirement of information. To offer this information to everyone (also those who don't have the opportunity to read through all the threads all the time) we should invent some kind of papyrus and call it newspaper. The people who write for this newspaper will be called journalists and the person who is responsible for it will be called the editor. These are people we need and these are jobs which have to be done. So we should look out for the most talented of us and encourage them to work for our information (and entertainement).
( Besides: in this strange universe parallel to ours called the reality the first (and most famous) journalist was a guy called Homer. - This is something to be.)

Greetings

(A humble citizen)

An excellent idea and I wish you the best of luck, Mr. Editor. :)

We usually get one or two newspapers started up but they die quickly. I think an energetic editor could keep it going for good.

A great idea! Unfortunately I don't have the time to contribute.

Of course if you have a spot for an uniformed and opinionated 'local color' columnist then I'm your man.

Have you ever noticed how those warrior are always itching and scratching - I bet they never take a bath.

I have the PNN from DG1, and FNN from DG2. RNN perhaps? :)

Thank you Mr. President, thank you alamo, thank you amirsan, thank you Chieftess.
And thanks to all - of course - who will join in this project in the future.
Your proposal is such a great honour and now I am glad and desperate at the same time. Glad - because of the trust you are willing to put in me; desperate - because - due to circumstances - I can’t fulfil this great and noble task myself. Please accept my apologies.
But back to business. The newspapyrus has to be done and I’m sure there is enough talent and will and capability to do hard work assembled in this place to let this thing happen. It has been my will to propose this idea (not new, I know. But if you want to live, you have to do things again (like breathing). Originality is not everything.) Now it is my will, that someone takes the steering wheel in his hands and gets the car - hmm, chariot started. (((btw - maybe something like alamo’s ‘local color columnist’ ... maybe ...)))

Greetings

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

B W
B B W
B W

The position ‘ko’. ‘Ko’ is the japanese word for ‘eternity’

I would be glad to help, maybe be a journalist. I've always wanted to try and get involved in the demogame, so, maybe this could be a place to start.

please do it. Be a newspapyrus man. Citizen Octavian.

My name suggestions for the newspapyrus are

'The Gladiator'

or

'(insert name of our capital) Post'

or

'Tiber Tribune'

:)

The Tiber Tribune is a really good name:goodjob:

If it isn't too much to ask, I wouldn't mind being embedded with the legions. I could send reports back with runners of the exploits of the front line.

Proposals for topics which could appear in a first number of our still imaginative newspapyrus

T H E T I B E R T R I B U N E

(Keep in mind: It’s not easy to write if you have to paint everything because no one has yet invented the alphabet.)

Politics:

Things related to this interesting group of people we now refer to as our government. (Where do they come from? Who are they? What do they plan? - Could someone of our journalists please (someone who ‘speaks’ the language of ‘the elite’) manage to get an interview - maybe (I’don’t dare to hope) with (this mysterious person) S. H . A. I. T. A. N. himself?

(And - how to paint it? It’s a little bit abstract ... Point is: we are in despotism - right? There is until today no such thing like democracy (whatever this word means) invented by our philosophers (in fact: there is even no such thing like a philosopher as far as I can see). But they say: there has been a poll. And they say: they have been voted by us. - - - My neighbour Lucius, who is a farmer and a realistic and straight forward man with no cases of mental illness in his family says that all these - votes and polls and so on - are mere illusions created by some superior power or intelligence (way too complex to be understood or even received by the simple brains of us) and who therefore are willing to disguise themselves in some more simple and one-dimensional conceptions if they wish to lean us there helpful hands. - „Maybe in the future", my neighbour, the farmer Lucius, says with his low and languid voice, „we will even build houses for those superior beings in our towns as a sign that we know that they live among us even if we are not able to see them." - We will see.)

Originally posted by Vander
If it isn't too much to ask, I wouldn't mind being embedded with the legions. I could send reports back with runners of the exploits of the front line.

:lol: Just don't draw the borders in the sand! :p

Proposal for some questions, our nobel leader, S.H.A.I.T.A.N., may answer the readers of our still semi-existent newspapyrus, THE TIBER TRIBUNE, if TIME allows (of course it doesn’t. But who does truly believe, the decisions of HIM could depend on that questionable phenomenon TIME. - Lucius, my neighbour, who is a farmer and who therefore knows nature, and - besides - who has never experienced the slightest case of mental aberration in his family, told me of a dream he had, in fact: it was his last year’s midsummernight’s dream, in which he had a long conversation with a horse or donkey. „As you can see," said the donkey, „I’m not a real donkey - just love disguises - and my name is Einstein..." Unfortunately I forgot the precise text following this piquant introduction, but we laughed a lot that afternoon, Lucius, the donkey and me, and TIME has never been the same after that.)

Question One. Who are YOU? (The truth, please!)

Question Two. There’s rumour of a close relation between YOU, noble leader, and a secret ordo called the BOS (with the holy letters representing the following: B - milk and honey, the fluids of life, meaning that all our lifes will be rich and fortunate. O - the mysterious ring of birth and rebirth, the circle of the seasons, guarantying the eternal fertility of our land and wifes. S - the holy serpent, masculine power, our ability to overcome all possible obstacles and foes. The three together guaranty the growth of our civilization beyond any measure.) - Mere rumour or truth?

Question Three. More a plea. Now, that we’re on our way, now, that we face history, a little bit encouragement would do no harm. Please speak to us, give us, noble leader, YOUR SPEECH TO THE NATION.

Question four. Is it true that YOU sometimes disguise yourself as a carpenter or farmer or other simple person and walk the streets of YOUR empire without being recognized by YOUR people?

Question five: YOUR opinion about vine? Should there be a law to protect the children from getting drunk before six o’clock in the evening?

Question six. The last one for now and rumour again. Is it true that YOU are the creator of a very popular heroic epic entitled ‘The Adventures of Niven, The Wizard’? Is it an autobiography?

Questions Originally posted by Watergate
Question One. Who are YOU? (The truth, please!)
By day I am a mild mannered software quality assurance engineer (or SQuAE if you like acronyms and although SQuAE is a bit wierd it is much better than my assistant's acronymn as he is a software quality assurance technician). In the evening I am Superdad, defender of evil (or defender of children if you prefer. Evil is often a more accurate descriptor). At night I am the Almighty Hubby, fixer of leaky toilets, sander of stuck door jambs, retriever of jewelry dropped down the sink and massager of shoulders made tense by bearing the burden of the evil ones (children, as noted above).

Question Two. There’s rumour of a close relation between YOU, noble leader, and a secret ordo called the BOS ... Mere rumour or truth?
I have no recollection of that. I asked my pastor and he said it only counts if you're intimate.

Question Three. More a plea. Now, that we’re on our way, now, that we face history, a little bit encouragement would do no harm. Please speak to us, give us, noble leader, YOUR SPEECH TO THE NATION.
Friends, Fanaticans (or insert whatever wins the poll here), Countrypersons, lend me your eyes. Today is the first day of the rest of our lives, a day that will live in infamy! Thank you.

Question four. Is it true that YOU sometimes disguise yourself as a carpenter or farmer or other simple person and walk the streets of YOUR empire without being recognized by YOUR people?
I've done carpenting and farming and there's nothing simple about either of those professions, let me tell you! I had so many wood splinters I could barely stand up, much less feed the cows. And that manure! Gross.

Sorry, what was the question?

Question five: YOUR opinion about vine? Should there be a law to protect the children from getting drunk before six o’clock in the evening?
There's no need for a law about it. It's a parents' responsibility to keep their minions of evil controlled. Or at least contained.

Question six. The last one for now and rumour again. Is it true that YOU are the creator of a very popular heroic epic entitled ‘The Adventures of Niven, The Wizard’? Is it an autobiography?
I'm unfamiliar with that work but I have crafted an imaginary friend named Niven. He's a witch doctor. He died after 2 days though. I was very sad.

Top Bottom