Need guide for Isabella of Spain

@elitetroops,well played,and it proves the point,in my save I went Poly 1st,that mistake cost enough turns NOT to settle another city and NOT to get an academy.The Machinery Oracle where I DON,T go Poly 1st I have 3 citys and an Academy...

EDIT,ok now I go for CS NOT going poly 1st,turn 64,already teched math and waiting on academy and CoL to be completed,1 turn from 3rd settler,WB already in position so it can be worked straight away.

I founded Hinduism in 3000BC anyway,which tells you something,and I can trade for Monotheism right now if I wanted to run OR for the oracle.Already Im way better off for not going religion first,and will probably beat elitetroops date :p :).

View attachment Admin BC-1440 3city CS.CivBeyondSwordSave

The issue with this is that your early research path shouldn't be leaderspecific. It's dictated more by your starting position and surrounding lands than by which leader you are playing. Yes, on a strong seafood start, like the one you posted, she is the only leader who can get away with founding an early religion without totally ruining early expansion, because of her starting techs. But the possibility to do so depends on the starting position, it's not a universal Isa strategy. Founding an early religion with her on any non-seafood is no good. Try doing it on a start with only forests and pasture resources and see where you end up.

Thanks Captain. Things that you wrote here are obvious and really basics. And I didn't said that I look for unversal strategy. Now we have strategy, that works for coastal starting positions. OK. Good. If you start in forest land, it, probably, doesn't work. Agree.

Seeing FlyingSwan's success with that map, I had to give it another more focused shot.

IwoJ, you asked why we are so sure that our approach is better. It's simple, just look at the results.

The results in my game more logical. GLH is weak choice for this map. You have no islands near for t/cont trade bonus. Considering, you have Marble, ToA is much better. generating more GPP. Also Parth and GLib are great choice for Madrid, with addition NatEpic.

Don't believe this start suits to CE, that you build. SE seems to me much stronger, considering food resources and Marble.

You also group all your cities too close to coast line and to each other, so there is a risk, that Genghis will occupy northern territoiries with tasty FPlains. So, as to me, choice for Seville position far from optimal.

Also, you've found "copper" religion, but there is no copper in this region. Your Mandirs will be expensive. My choice of Hindu was defined especcialy by Marble.

Your Holy City is not your capital, so Shrine will generate its GPP in wrong place (Your GP farm is Madrid)

But finally, I don't see big difference between your results and mine. Your lands developed slightly better, but I have two religions, one of those good with Marble. I have OR instead of Buraucracy. Shrine instead of Academy. And half of Parth. My third city grabs more territory, securing all backyard.

Looks very close. And the scores very close too. Add to this, that my semi-automated workers are "stupid", but if I plan worker routine better (like you), my results could be even higher.

Another Marble coastal start for Isa

Spoiler :

Who want to try Hindu?

Attachments

• Isabella BC-4000 Marble Start 2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    48.1 KB · Views: 25
Lol. Looks very close? If you seriously believe that, then your understanding of the game is in much worse shape than I thought.

This game is essentially about teching to whatever tech target you have, then you win the game. If you want to win UN, you need to tech Mass Media, if you want to win military, you need to tech some strong military tech, if you want space, then you need to tech it all. Hence for the most part of the game, good choices are the choices that give you the most beakers/turn. That's how you reach your tech target and win the game as soon as possible.

Now look again at my game compared to yours, I'm teching 4 times as fast as you are on the same date. 4 times! That's not very close, I'm lightyears ahead of you. The rest of your post is just a lot of bogus. Why do you think that your choices are better if they do nothing to help your economy?

Well this turned into what i expected..less experienced player argues with more experienced ones.
Maybe you will accept this tip..your land looks like you should have teched some basics first before Poly/Hindu cos like i said earlier you can still get a Reli with Code of Laws and at that point it's really useful.

Not sure what you are trying to collect, strategies always involve improving your good tiles first.
Everything else is usually nonsense.

Its not only science, elitetroops game is ahead on all the key metrics of, population, food output, production, commerce and science. oh and useful population due to actually having improved tiles.
I also suspect that save is leagues ahead in tech too (it has CoL, Math and CS for starters which probably have a combined cost in excess of everything Iwo listed as having!).

Iwo Jima, your metric of religion count isn't useful for anything other than culture victories, and even then, its too early to worry about it till Cathedrals come into play.
Religion resources as a metric doesn't really make sense at all, as while the boosts to build rate are nice they are quite trivial by the point that it matters, don't make up for the price you paid to found it and you don't even need to found a religion to build them......
While you talk about the locations settled, you don't seem to have noticed that elitetroops is in a position to sustain a long period of expansion if he so wishes, and is building a settler in the pic.

Despite knowing the ingame scoring is awful i'm actually surprised at just how badly it got this wrong.

Lol. Looks very close? If you seriously believe that, then your understanding of the game is in much worse shape than I thought.

This game is essentially about teching to whatever tech target you have, then you win the game. If you want to win UN, you need to tech Mass Media, if you want to win military, you need to tech some strong military tech, if you want space, then you need to tech it all. Hence for the most part of the game, good choices are the choices that give you the most beakers/turn. That's how you reach your tech target and win the game as soon as possible.

Now look again at my game compared to yours, I'm teching 4 times as fast as you are on the same date. 4 times! That's not very close, I'm lightyears ahead of you. The rest of your post is just a lot of bogus. Why do you think that your choices are better if they do nothing to help your economy?

Boring discussion. Civilization is the game not only about techs. And if you really want to compare, you need compare all factors, not only research in one given occasionally day. Look at scores. Scores are the same, even if you "4 times blah-blah-blah". (and to be fair its not 4, but 3). Do you know why? Do you know what I have, and you not?

After all, If you play scientific style, Isa is a wrong choice. Get Wang or Pericle. But if you play the same style with all civs and leader, I think you lose a lot of fun of this wonderful game.

Alas, this topic turned into collection of advices that nobody asked. And comparison whose penis is bigger. Elitetroops, you win. So relax and leave, don't waste my and your time.

Playing Emperor, Terra. Can't find suitable approach to have a good game with Isabella.

Some questions
1) Research: early religion or early development?
2) Discover one religion or maximum of possible?
3) How long is possible to stick to Citadels and ignore Economics?
4) How get Conqistadors asap? Are they really useful if you get them in proper time?

Your first sentences in this thread, in case you forgot.
You did ask for advice..before you turned it around and now it's how can i rush looking extremely silly. Your posting style now is just annoying..and will get ignored soon by most here.

Your first sentences in this thread, in case you forgot.
You did ask for advice..before you turned it around and now it's how can i rush looking extremely silly. Your posting style now is just annoying..and will get ignored soon by most here.

I asked tips and combos for Isabella. I did NOT ask to discuss my style of playing. Moreover, in such arrogant style, like Elitetroops does.

The good answer it's not only the wise answer. The good answer it's the answer to the question you were asked for.

Despite knowing the ingame scoring is awful i'm actually surprised at just how badly it got this wrong.
The scoring for tech is totally weighted towards ancient techs. Tech scores are 6 x Era, ancient is 6 points, classical 12 points and so on. So in this case the scores are close because I skipped so many ancient techs I didn't need. Archery, agriculture and poly equals CS, even though CS is almost 4x the beakers. Mono is only 6 points less than Math and Aesth equals CoL. So in the eyes of the score board, I have a 6 point lead in tech.

Also, shrines give the same amount of points as wonders (16) but the academy is not worth anything at all.

1) Research: early religion or early development? Early development.

2) Discover one religion or maximum of possible? One religion at most, wait for spread or capture cities with other religions.

3) How long is possible to stick to Citadels and ignore Economics? If you beeline engineering then quite a while.

4) How get Conqistadors asap? Are they really useful if you get them in proper time? Standard lib/miltrad beeline, use GS bulbs to get conquistadores asap. Yes, they are reallt useful (if you have horses!)

NEW:
5) Isa has a good chance to get early Oracle. But what is the best tech to open? Depends on your objective: miltrad beeline (CoL or CS), engineering beeline (MC or machinery), AP victory (theology) and so on.

6) Is it possible to have good later game without Economics (so, without Infantry and Factories)? Don't know, never tried.

7) What is the good tips and combos for using Isa traits (Spiritual and Expansive)? Early pottery to whip granaries asap. Swop civics freely, depends on game and stage of game which civics, too broad to answer specifically.

The scoring for tech is totally weighted towards ancient techs. Tech scores are 6 x Era, ancient is 6 points, classical 12 points and so on. So in this case the scores are close because I skipped so many ancient techs I didn't need. Archery, agriculture and poly equals CS, even though CS is almost 4x the beakers. Mono is only 6 points less than Math and Aesth equals CoL. So in the eyes of the score board, I have a 6 point lead in tech.

Also, shrines give the same amount of points as wonders (16) but the academy is not worth anything at all.
The shrine vs Academy thing I knew of, just not the scale of the shrines score. But those tech score mechanics are even more bonkers than I expected :crazyeye:

More accurate worker routine with early Hinduism.

Spoiler :

So, 50 beakers instead of 25, more GPP
ToA, Oracle(Aesth), Shrine, Parth, and GL halfway, 4 turns before next GP
4 cities with secured f/plains region
Absolute technology leader

Top Bottom