Need help adding HR Attila to mod...

Jarlaxe Baenre

Emperor
Tonight, I decided that my modifications to the game - great library/monastery obsoletions moved to computers, new promo and new tech - could use the HR Attila and Hungary.

I downloaded Macapaka, extracted the art files I needed, but whenever I start a map it crashes.

Tonight, I decided that my modifications to the game - great library/monastery obsoletions moved to computers, new promo and new tech - could use the HR Attila and Hungary.

I downloaded Macapaka, extracted the art files I needed, but whenever I start a map it crashes.

You have too many subfolders for the unit art. You have /Assets/Art/Units/Art/Units/Civilizations/Hungary/. Remove the folders in red.

Oh I see the issue. In HR I keep the shared units separate (in Art/Units/Shared) from the civ-specific units (Art/Units/Civilizations). Additionally the xml for these units is kept in /Modules/Units/. This will affect Settlers, Workers, Scouts, Explorers, Spies, Ships, Great People and Great Generals.

You'll either need to copy all the relevant art and xml over to your mod or delete their entries in Hungary_CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml so that the defaults are used instead.

So I need to copy the modules/units info for all the said units? Not too hard.

Yes and the art from Assets/Art/Units/Shared/.

Umm, I'm clueless with the unitartstyletypeinfos.xml. How do I delete their entries? Just delete the file?

You only need to do this if you are NOT copying all the missing unit art and xml over.

Top Bottom