Need Help/Clarification

Varlin Saliptor

Does not hate the future.
I know that there are ways of forcing the AI to go war at the beginning of a scenario, such as the Sub Bug, but I can't get it to work. I do all of the things that you are supposed to do (invisible, immobile units between something the AI wants and the AI) but I cannot get it to work. What ends up happening is that the AI that is supposed to be the aggressor just ends up sitting there fortified. What exactly are the steps to employ this bug?

Also, is there a way to make it so that the AI attacks the player without prompting early on in the game without a locked war?

I've used the sub-bug along with victory points to force the AI to start wars at certain times. If your sub unit is sitting on the VP than the AI will try to attack it in my experience.

I've used the sub-bug along with victory points to force the AI to start wars at certain times. If your sub unit is sitting on the VP than the AI will try to attack it in my experience.

On it? I'll try that then. I had the sub unit in between them.

@Quinzy: My, how helpful you are! ;)

I know that there are ways of forcing the AI to go war at the beginning of a scenario, such as the Sub Bug, but I can't get it to work. I do all of the things that you are supposed to do (invisible, immobile units between something the AI wants and the AI) but I cannot get it to work. What ends up happening is that the AI that is supposed to be the aggressor just ends up sitting there fortified. What exactly are the steps to employ this bug?

Also, is there a way to make it so that the AI attacks the player without prompting early on in the game without a locked war?

This very same problem happened to me when I tested it after you (If I recall correctly) suggested it to me. This is almost crucial to my scenario. :sad:

Edit: Correction: Civinator suggested it.

Yeah, that was where I got the idea, from that thread.

@EVERYONE:

Is there a way to force the AI to attack the player? Will the same scenario work as the AI v. AI? I COULD test it myself, but I am busy at the moment.

Yeah, that was where I got the idea, from that thread.

@EVERYONE:

Is there a way to force the AI to attack the player? Will the same scenario work as the AI v. AI? I COULD test it myself, but I am busy at the moment.
Use the sub-bug with an immobile player unit? Yeah, the player can see it, which "breaks the frame" of our little world, but then maybe those of us that are truly obsessed need an occasional reminder that "it's only a game".

Edit: Oops! Failed to realize you meant - regardless of which civ the player chooses.:blush:

I am going to insert a blank flic for that unit anyway, so the player will just be able to see the island and the enemy unit.

The unit is going to be pre-placed on the map, exactly as in the AI v AI set-up.

I am going to try it out tonight, when I get some time.

I am going to insert a blank flic for that unit anyway, so the player will just be able to see the island and the enemy unit.

The unit is going to be pre-placed on the map, exactly as in the AI v AI set-up.

I am going to try it out tonight, when I get some time.

Let me know if you figure this thing out, its important to a few of my personal scenarios. I'd do it myself but the homework faerie just paid me a visit :cringe:

Have you got the unit that's supposed to attack flagged w/ offense? Is he perhaps accidentally immobile?

Edit: Correction: Civinator suggested it.

Just saw this thread. It was Equulus, who used this methode the first time with land units in his "Fall Gelb" scenario. This was not my invention. I used a real sub :).

Have you activated the victory point scoring in your scenario settings?

I wish I could experiment on this but for some reason a homework troll constantly beats me over the head every day :(

Arrgh...still no luck!! I have placed the invisible unit on and next to the VP, put VP scoring on...everything! No war!

Take a stronger offensive unit (= trigger-unit) for the attacker part. At least swordman (A3) against an immobile, invisible and not disbandable Def. 1 Destiny-unit. Make the destiny-unit and the trigger-unit not disbandable. Check if the terrain you use on the path to the VP is passable for the trigger-unit to the VP-location. Enable the victory point scoring. Check if the path you set for the trigger-unit can´t be reached by bombers, paratroopers, marines or other land-troops.

Will do. The offender usually ends up missing by the time I get there, so either it was disbanded, or killed by the invisible unit. I am going to run a few more tests, then report back.

This should be really simple...

Top Bottom