1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help connecting PC and Mac through laptop hotspot

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Multiplayer & PBEM' started by shadowzoid, Sep 8, 2012.

1. shadowzoid

shadowzoid Chieftain

Ok, so here is what happened. Before the summer, my roommates and I connected my PC and their Macs on Civ BTS MP. We did it through my roommate's Mac, which he used to set up an ad-hoc network, after which we'd connect using LAN. When we got back after the summer, we couldn't connect on BTS anymore; we are able to connect our laptops together through ad-hoc, but games we make don't show up the LAN page.

None of us have made any drastic changes to our laptops since we last played together. Also, we tried various combinations between our laptops (3 of us), switching off who creates the network, who hosts, etc. Nothing has worked.

Do any of you know the problem? And if not, do you know any other way we can play together (Wireless LAN is preferably)?

Thanks!