[Vanilla] Need help creating my first mod

Reizu

Chieftain
Hello good night

Here I come to you because I am creating my very first mod for Civ 6 and I am each step that is indicated in this video:

But nothing works, the software tells me that there are errors while when I compare to what I see on the video everything is the same, then sorry my English is bad so I use google trad But here are the mistakes.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/411981001888104460/415455668967833610/unknown.png

Thank you in advance for your help !

These error messages from ModBuddy can be very unhelpful, as they often indicate errors in locations that are actually fine, and don't indicate the true source of the error. In my experience, it's often a file name which does not match a name somewhere in the xml. For example, look through your .xlp files, and make sure that the names they reference in m_EntryID and m_ObjectName fields correspond to your file names. If you want to upload a zip of your mod somewhere, I can take a look and see if I can spot what's wrong.

What do you advise me to do in this case?

You can get sikh civilization, that is simpler then mine, and do all modifications like in video. Only the last part of config of modbudy you dont need to use.

Important: Dont open the "template civ" (sikh civilization) in modbuddy, use the file editor you like instead.

These error messages from ModBuddy can be very unhelpful, as they often indicate errors in locations that are actually fine, and don't indicate the true source of the error. In my experience, it's often a file name which does not match a name somewhere in the xml. For example, look through your .xlp files, and make sure that the names they reference in m_EntryID and m_ObjectName fields correspond to your file names. If you want to upload a zip of your mod somewhere, I can take a look and see if I can spot what's wrong.

I do not mind putting it under zip so that we can see together the source of my problem! ^^ In this case how can I contact you?

You can get sikh civilization, that is simpler then mine, and do all modifications like in video. Only the last part of config of modbudy you dont need to use.

Important: Dont open the "template civ" (sikh civilization) in modbuddy, use the file editor you like instead.

Well this is the first time I create a mod of the coup I do not really have any favorite software, after I confess to still have one can be afraid of missing and I still do not know how to do too much to put the units and buffs that I want for my Civilization ...

I do not mind putting it under zip so that we can see together the source of my problem! ^^ In this case how can I contact you?

I think you can just upload a file directly here. (There's an upload a file button next to the post reply button)

After there is still a lot of things that I would like to change but for now I want to see what it gives, the things I want to improve is the buff and unity as I said above.

I have the impression that the file has not been made available ...

I seem to be having a similar issue, I can't figure out exactly what reference is wrong/blank. I'm super lost. I don't know XML or SQL basically at all, first run as well.

EDIT: I Fixed it and got it to build, I have no idea what the hell I did

Spoiler Logs :

Starting AssetCooker...
XLP cook starting...
C:\Users\Balmung\Downloads\Civ Assets\Keniisu's Civ Template Balmung\XLPs\LeaderFallback.xlp
Opened output file: C:\Users\Balmung\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Balmung\Platforms\Windows\BLPs/LeaderFallbacks.blp For XLP: 'C:\Users\Balmung\Downloads\Civ Assets\Keniisu's Civ Template Balmung\XLPs\LeaderFallback.xlp'
Starting 'LeaderFallbacks'
Loading error asset: ()
Error entity: () has class: () which is not allowed here! THIS IS VERY BAD!
Error asset: () has errors itself. THIS IS VERY BAD!
Removing package asset entry: (FALLBACK_BNB_BALMUNG_NEUTRAL) due to errors in (FALLBACK_BNB_BALMUNG_NEUTRAL)
The following 2 entities had errors:
Textures: 2
FALLBACK_BNB_BALMUNG_NEUTRAL

****** Log from Texture: 'FALLBACK_BNB_BALMUNG_NEUTRAL' (ERRORS!!) ********
--------------
Object: 'FALLBACK_BNB_BALMUNG_NEUTRAL' has class 'LeaderFallbacks' but no class with this name exists

****** Log from Texture: '' (ERRORS!!) ********
--------------
I/O error reading XML: C:\Users\Balmung\Downloads\Civ Assets\Keniisu's Civ Template Balmung/Textures/.tex

Load finished for: 'LeaderFallbacks' in 0.002 seconds
Cook finished for: 'LeaderFallbacks' in 0.000 seconds
Disk write finished for: 'LeaderFallbacks' in 0.007 seconds
BLP: 'C:\Users\Balmung\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Balmung\Platforms\Windows\BLPs/LeaderFallbacks.blp' HAS MISSING ENTRIES!
Cleanup finished for: 'LeaderFallbacks' in 0.000 seconds
Cook completed in 0.204 seconds

Last edited:
Top Bottom