[vanilla] Need help, .dds file for dawn of man. (my custom civilization)

ilu.zija

Chieftain
Basically, i'm trying to create my own civilization. My images (IconAtlases) work, my text works, my civ appears, but the only problem i'm having is with the dawn of man image. I'm using gimp to export the images to .dds, the compression set to BC2 DXT3 and VFS is set to true. And when i get into the game with the civ selected, i get an error "Could not load texture [Art/MyCustomDoM.dds]" and after i click "Ok", the dawn of man screen is red.

Ways i tried to fix:
(1) Export the .jpg to .png and then to .dds.
(2) Use and don't use the compression.
(3) Use and don't use the VFS.
(4) Put and don't put "Art/" before the .dds.

NOTE: My size is set to 1024x768.

Here is my code for Civilization.xml:
Code:
<DawnOfManImage>Art/MyCustomDoM.dds</DawnOfManImage>

Just so you know, there shouldn't be an "Art/" before the name, and you should set VFS to on. However, I'm not sure why it isn't working otherwise.

Just so you know, there shouldn't be an "Art/" before the name, and you should set VFS to on. However, I'm not sure why it isn't working otherwise.

Ways i tried to fix:
(1) Export the .jpg to .png and then to .dds.
(2) Use and don't use the compression.
(3) Use and don't use the VFS.
(4) Put and don't put "Art/" before the .dds.
I'm using gimp to export the images to .dds, the compression set to BC2 DXT3 and VFS is set to true.

Eureka! I found a solution!
For anyone that has this problem, try downloading Paint NET and exporting it from there. (Remember to use the BC2 DXT3 compression)

Eureka! I found a solution!
For anyone that has this problem, try downloading Paint NET and exporting it from there. (Remember to use the BC2 DXT3 compression)
I have been facing with same issue and this one solved mine problem

Top Bottom