Need help editing S. America out of a joint N & S American map

Captin Zebra

my account name is stupid
So I downloaded a map of the Americas (which can be found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=325940) and I was attempting to crop out South America to play exclusively in North America, this was the original map's script:
BeginMap
grid width=115
grid height=150
top latitude=60
bottom latitude=-60
wrap X=0
wrap Y=0
world size=WORLDSIZE_HUGE
climate=CLIMATE_TEMPERATE
sealevel=SEALEVEL_MEDIUM
num plots written=17250
EndMap

I first tried changing the grid height to "grid height=100", but this in effect cut out North America and just left me South America which isn't what I wanted. I'm guessing that it left me with just South America because the grid height starts at the bottom and that just gave me the first 100 set of tiles starting from the bottom. Is there anyway where i could cut out the bottom so it just leaves me with North America?

Thanks in advance

You could just cut out all the plot descriptions below a certain level. Unfortunately, the order of the plot descriptions is more convenient for reducing x dimensions than for y.

BeginPlot
x=32,y=34
TerrainType=TERRAIN_OCEAN
PlotType=3
TeamReveal=0,1,2,3,5,7,8,
EndPlot
BeginPlot
x=32,y=35
TerrainType=TERRAIN_OCEAN
PlotType=3
TeamReveal=0,1,2,3,5,7,8,
EndPlot

Are you sure you wouldn't rather eliminate Russia from a map of Eurasia? If you wanted to do something like that you coudl just highlight everything below a certain level in the file and hit delete. As it is, you will have to go to each stack of X values and eliminate all the Y values below a certain level. Unless somebody can help you find a better way. That's only 115 mind numbing repetitions of scrolling down, selecting all X=0 plots with a Y greater than 50, deleting, then scrolling down, selecting all X=1 plots with a Y greater than 50, deleting...

yeah i thought about going through and manually deleting all the "y="s above 100, but i just couldn't bring my self to do such a tedious task haha
i might have to start looking for a map of just North America
thanks for the help though

Top Bottom