Need help finding DCM

Underdog Ally

Chieftain
I keep seeing references and tweaks to "Dale's Combat Mod" but when I search for it in downloads i cant find it, or i have only found a version which had a dead link. Can anybody possibly direct me to dales combat mod so i can download it please?

I keep seeing references and tweaks to "Dale's Combat Mod" but when I search for it in downloads i cant find it, or i have only found a version which had a dead link. Can anybody possibly direct me to dales combat mod so i can download it please?

Not exactly sure why you are stuck on DCM in particular. I believe it is a mod component and found mainly packaged or combined as part of bigger modpacks. But probably the closest thing to purest DCM is RevDCM as a modpack. (RevDCM is also included in a lot of the big kitchen sink modpacks) RevDCM combines the bigger Revolutions mod with DCM. The revolution stuff I believe can be modified or essentially disabled. I think this is the main thread for that:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/revolutiondcm-for-bts.262937/

Finding someone with DCM as a lone mod component may certainly be possible, but you'd have to ask the guys over in the mod forum. Not sure it is something that just installs and works outta the box. However, if you intend to mod some stuff with it then that is the place to go. In fact, you are going to get better help over in C&C for direct modding questions.

Oh okay, I didn’t realize it was included in other things. I wasn’t specifically trying to get it by itself so I will just need to find something that it is included in. Thanks c:

Oh okay, I didn’t realize it was included in other things. I wasn’t specifically trying to get it by itself so I will just need to find something that it is included in. Thanks c:

Oh..just so I'm clear on RevDCM. I did not mean you had to mod the mod to disable stuff. I meant the mod itself is customizable within the game as options.

It has been a long time, so I can't quite remember which mods are which, but some of the kitchen sink mods contain RevDCM. I'm pretty sure Caveman2Cosmos has it, and probably ROM AND. These are major game changing type mods.kinda like an expansion pack. C2C is huge.

I hate to bother you, I have tried installing RevolutionDCM but it says I cannot install it because I don't have the 3.19 patch. In my game itself it does say version 317, however it is a downloadable version of the game and I believe it has all the patches installed. It plays as though it is version3.19 but will not let me install mods. When I do try to install 3.19 patch it just asks if i want to uninstall the whole thing -_-

Need to know where you got your IV. The Complete versions should be patched up. But if it is not that then you may need to do the full patch process of all versions. There’s a sticky in tech forum. ( I’d find it for you bout on mu phone).

Not sure what you mean by “plays lile 319”. It is or it isn’t. There is a main menu option in game that shows exact version you are on. It would say 319 not 317.

Oh well i suppose maybe it is 317 then. I got it from amazon. it is Civ 4 complete edition download version. I will keep trying to patch it.

I am considering just uninstalling everything and re-downloading and reinstalling. However I am not sure of what all files might get left behind somewhere in the process so I am hesitant to do that unless i am sure i can completely wipe it clean.

That's a Steam version, right?

I don't think so, I downloaded the game directly from amazon. It took like 2 days to download and then once it was all downloaded I installed it. Thats one of the reasons i dont want to re download it is the wait time. Also, i was able to download and install blue marble which worked perfectly.

Well, if if was the STeam version, you'd know, as you use Steam. Amazon has quite a few different version of Civ IV. The download version said steam was required. There is another download version that is listed as unavailable. Then you have UK version, Mac versions, etc.

Okay...I'm reading a bit in user reviews and questions. Some are saying you can download directly from Amazon, but Amazon lists STeam as the DRM, which means you would need the STeam client.

(2 days to download is ridiculous, by the way. Do you have broadband?)

Two questions:

1) Do you have Steam, or ever used it?
2)Did Amazon provide you with a key code for the game?

I do have steam, that is where my Civilization V is located. On steam I only have Civilization V and the demo for 6. My Civilization 4 complete game is located on amazon in "digital content", and when i got the game i downloaded the installer from amazon without steam. Anyways, I have just decided to say screw it and let the 3.19 patch uninstall the game. I then reinstalled the game and now it does say 319 so maybe it just had to uninstall everything first. I was just anxious to do a reinstall because of the game being a digital version from amazon. THANK YOU!! I really appreciate your help with helping me get mods working :D

Now I shall try to install Realism Invictus, RevolutionDCM and some other mods i find.

Hmmm..sounds odd to me...that is, really odd they sell a "complete" version that is not patched up, that it took 2 days to download, and that the patch reinstalled the game. Something just sounds off to me. Very odd stuff discussed about the Amazon version. If you can get the key code for the game from Amazon, i think it may work with Steam too. Open Steam > at very lower left of client click "Add a Game" > then "Activate a Product Code" > try using your Amazon key code.

(I use the Steam version by the way..although I have old disks and other DL versions) Steam version is ready to go patch wise, but you just need to go to game properties in Steam library > Betas tab > select "original_version"

Too bad you did not get the game on sale for around $7 on Steam or GOG. (i'd recommend not using amazon for games unless you are buying old disk version copies)

Let me know what happens. My guess is something is not quite right here, but if it works ..then great.

It appears to be working. I was able to start Civ 4 and also loaded and started a game of revolutionDCM. The build says 319, save 302, final release. All i did was let the patch uninstall and then i reinstalled everything. I didn't even delete the rest of the files and re download. I am thinking now perhaps i accidently made some minor change to a file or something expired idk. I was completely baffled at my issue and now i am just as baffled that it finally patched and works. The game itself and the forum also seem to be less active now for civ 4. Im really grateful for everybody on here who has been helping me c:

Yep, that is what you should see under "About this Build" in the menu, so sounds like you are okay. Yep, don't change any IV assets unless you know what you are doing. Not sure how the amazon dl process works, but if the dl files are still on your system you should not have to redownload the files. (2 days to DL :crazyeye:, I download the game via Steam in less than 1 minute)

THere's still a lot of good folks around here, and activity sometimes comes in waves. Also, for some reason the weekend is a little less active. Strategy & Tips forum is where most activity usually is, and great place to learn the game and discuss it. Although, primarily discussions of the unmodded game. (If you really want a feel for this community, that is the place to be..as well as play some GOTMs and HOF games)

I think RevDCM includes an old version of BUG as well, so you should have some of the features when you use that mod.

I get a lot of satisfaction from the unmodded game, but did play a few mods years ago. RFC and Fall From Heaven extensively.

t appears to be working. I was able to start Civ 4 and also loaded and started a game of revolutionDCM. The build says 319, save 302, final release. All i did was let the patch uninstall and then i reinstalled everything. I didn't even delete the rest of the files and re download. I am thinking now perhaps i accidently made some minor change to a file or something expired idk. I was completely baffled at my issue and now i am just as baffled that it finally patched and works.

I had this problem earlier today. I too had the thing going where the game *is* patched to 3.19 (because I remember running the patch, and evident by the game's behavior being consistent with the patch notes, such as no more trading obsolete resources, etc) but the "about"shows its build is still 3.17/301, preventing you from opening other player's saves.

The patch wanted to uninstall everything, then it set the version to initial retail version BTS or something... System Restored and it was back as 3.19 when booted up, so maybe a simple do over of the installation is the fix.

This is an .iso of the Civ4 Complete dvd on win 7, for reference.

Okay so right now I am playing RevolutionDCM with the BUG also. I have changed a lot of things inside the settings (at least for now, baby steps) to be how I like it. Question, do you guys know if revolutiondcm mod can also work with BAT mod?

Okay so right now I am playing RevolutionDCM with the BUG also. I have changed a lot of things inside the settings (at least for now, baby steps) to be how I like it. Question, do you guys know if revolutiondcm mod can also work with BAT mod?

Nah, revdcm would have to be integrated into BAT. Doable, I"m sure, but probably a larger mod undertaking.

Best bet is to find a mod that includes RevDCM, and some graphical components. The graphical components of BAT are used by many other mods like VD (forget name..VArietus somethin' or nuther)

Most big modpacks like ones I'd already mentioned include a lot of reworked and added graphics. C2C, instance. C2C is huge though and very resource intensive.

One large mod I used to like was Legends of Revolution. It billed itself as an unofficial expansion to IV. RevDCM being one of the core features. High quality mod that appears to have been abandoned a few years ago, but was basically finished anyway. I played it extensively years ago. Adds some nice new features without being too much of an overhaul like other mods. I think it had "hero" units as well....5 or 6 strong units based on historical figures or types.

This link is the download page, which has a nice little intro about the mod:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/legends-of-revolution.13159/

The main LoR subforum, has faqs and stuff:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ4-legends-of-revolution.359/

Last edited:
Top Bottom