1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help for Cultural Victory

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Haig, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Haig

Haig Chieftain

Cheers!

I just can't get culture victory to work.

Last time I tried it as Brazil (King difficulty), I built wonders, had my own moderately succesful religion going, tried to gain great works.. still couldn't get it to work, two empires were culturally more advanced, and some others went the scientific route and were quite powerful.

I had a big war first with Norway, then with Indonesia, so I had to put industrial capacity for war too.

What are basic things to keep in mind with culture?
    Should I found a religion?
    Wonders?

Archeological museums or Art museums?

etc.

2. Builderphile

Builderphile Chieftain

A few things to keep in mind:

- obtain open borders with every civ possible;
    - maintain at least one trade route with every civ possible.

These two things will make a huge difference. Also, research computers as soon as possible to double your tourism.

Great works are huge, especially writing and artifacts. Archeological museums are better than Art Museums (more tourism), but still build the latter so you have somewhere to put your great works of art.

At higher difficulty levels, forget the religion. At lower levels, it might be ok.

Only build easily obtainable wonders, they are risky and take up alot of useful production that can be used for other things.

You need early wars to get more cities (more cities = more theatre districts = more culture and great people), but you also want to keep some peace so that you can keep open borders and trade routes with others (this is important).

Use spies to steal great works or sabotage spaceports if it looks like an opponent is getting close to a science victory.

Edit: also, I would be remiss if I failed to mention Victoria's culture and tourism guide, which is a sticky thread in this forum. That is a very detailed guide on how to achieve a cultural victory.

Haig likes this.
  3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

The culture guide is quite long and detailed. I would try this approach on King @Haig

The first 3 cities you build get Theaters first as soon as you can. To speed this up make sure you get monuments fairly early
    Then get some campuses and only then get some Commercial hubs
    Do Not bother with any wonders
    Get the +2 writer points in your wildcard slot as soon as you get a level 2 goivernment... getting early writers really pushes your culture to get to archaeological museums which are at least twice as powerful as art museums.
    Once you are at museums that should be enough culture and those campuses should be pushing you to printing first (for doubling writer tourism) and then push for computers hard.
    On the way to computers you will pass seaside resorts, build as many as you can
    More theaters /writers/museums is great.
    Its not just abouit culture its about science and computers in particular

This way will get you there as long as you push theaters and campus more than CH
    There are many other ways and more efficient brutal ways but this is the 'traditional route' that works that probably suits your style more from what I have seen of your postings.

@Builderphile is 100% correct and getting those trade routes going near the end to each civ is vital, the open borders helps but not neecessarily as much.

Haig and liv like this.
  4. Haig

Haig Chieftain

Ok your advice is like opposite of what I've been doing, gotta force myself to change some habits!

Starting a new game now with these in mind...