Need help installing

Evs

Chieftain
Am sure this has been answered a million times but...

I've downloaded the mod, unzipped to BTS mods and loaded the mod in game. However when the mod loads it says at the top I'm running Caveman2Cosmos_v37(1) yet the main menu still shows BTS.

What am I doing wrong to load the mod ?

Please can someone tell me like I'm a 5 year old, not good with this kind of stuff

The mod must be named Caveman2Cosoms only. Not Caveman2Cosmos_v37(1). Rename the Mod.

If you have an older version in the BtS/Mod folder cut/paste it somewhere else but not in the CiV IV BtS Directory.

JosEPh

Am sure this has been answered a million times but...

I've downloaded the mod, unzipped to BTS mods and loaded the mod in game. However when the mod loads it says at the top I'm running Caveman2Cosmos_v37(1) yet the main menu still shows BTS.

What am I doing wrong to load the mod ?

Please can someone tell me like I'm a 5 year old, not good with this kind of stuff
Aside from what Joe said, this is also a sign that you have a Caveman2Cosmos mod folder inside another mod folder shell. Get rid of one of the unnecessary folder steps. The assets folder should come up immediately after Caveman2Cosmos after Mods as in: BeyondtheSword/Mods/Caveman2Cosmos/Assets

Steam often installs an added folder so it looks a bit like BeyondtheSword/Mods/Caveman2Cosmos/Caveman2Cosmos/Assets. This leads to the BtSmain menu coming up after loading the mod even though it will say Caveman2Cosmos in the upper right hand corner of the main menu screen.

Top Bottom