Need Help Making Movie

Gamemaster77

PC > Mac
My kid got a new video camera and he wants to make a short movie 10-30min long. He wants to do all the shooting and get the actors but he needs help with a script. Any suggestions? Oh, and by the way he has no budget but please post stuff if it requires a little bit of money because I'm sure I could help him figure something out. If I did it would probably be max 30 bucks.

EDIT: Mostly a comedy movie

Me and you guys are the writers. They(he and his friends) really want to act more than write.

Wait, oops this might be breaking the rules. It says threads aimed at specific people are not alot. Delete this if you wish.

If he already has you, why do you need us?

Because I need some ideas to start with. I used to do this stuff alot and it's still fun. Usally I had 3-5 people working on the script (or it had bo script and was horrible).

How about a movie about a guy who goes to the store to buy some milk. the first part of the movie could be him walking to the store, and wondering what milk he could get, and what sorts of things he could do with it. you could show hazy shots of him eating cereal at this point.

so then he gets to the store and he's looking through all the different brands, all the options, all the labels, all the CONFUSION, and he starts losing his mind.. "what sort of milk should i get?!??", he asks himself.. a mysterious stranger approaches him and whispers in his ear "2 %.. twooooo perceeeeent" and disappears in a puff of smoke.

so he goes with the 2% milk, and goes home. and it's the BEST MILK HE'S EVER HAD. then you could have some sort of a milk-related montage of him enjoying the milk.

it'd be cheap cause milk is cheap.

Have one of the characters wear glasses and at some point in the movie, do a "dramatic removal".

How about a movie about a guy who goes to the store to buy some milk. the first part of the movie could be him walking to the store, and wondering what milk he could get, and what sorts of things he could do with it. you could show hazy shots of him eating cereal at this point.

so then he gets to the store and he's looking through all the different brands, all the options, all the labels, all the CONFUSION, and he starts losing his mind.. "what sort of milk should i get?!??", he asks himself.. a mysterious stranger approaches him and whispers in his ear "2 %.. twooooo perceeeeent" and disappears in a puff of smoke.

so he goes with the 2% milk, and goes home. and it's the BEST MILK HE'S EVER HAD. then you could have some sort of a milk-related montage of him enjoying the milk.

it'd be cheap cause milk is cheap.

Good idea but it needs to be longer. Comedy is what he is looking for.
I also like horror comedies

Have one of the characters wear glasses and at some point in the movie, do a "dramatic removal".

One of his friends does were classes. Good Idea. I will be sure to put that im there.

Good idea but it needs to be longer. Comedy is what he is looking for.
I also like horror comedies

Why don't you shoot THE MOST AVERAGE DAY EVER, and just have overdramatized everyday actions.

Such as:

take the bike or walk?
warpus's milk scenario
what restaurant to dine at
whether or not to steal the postit note at work

man, fill in the gaps yourself, THAT WAS JUST AN OUTLINE. i'm not gonna write the whole thing for you, sheesh

Whoa, sorry if I offended you. I was joking. I forgot that emotions dont show on the internet.:lol:

For a first try at movie making, a short but sweet film is probably a good idea.

Why don't you shoot THE MOST AVERAGE DAY EVER, and just have overdramatized everyday actions.

Such as:

take the bike or walk?
warpus's milk scenario
what restaurant to dine at
whether or not to steal the postit note at work

Good idea. I don't think it should be the most average day but overdramatized actions would be good.

Good idea. I don't think it should be the most average day but overdramatized actions would be good.

If you're going to overdramatize actions you should just go all out with it. Nobody likes a half-assed job.

For a first try at movie making, a short but sweet film is probably a good idea.

He has done a couple already. This is hais first fairly large one so he asked me for help.

it's cool.

if you use the milk story remember to give me credit.

to make it funny you could have him trip on the walk to the store and fall onto a nun.

Where does he get a nun:mischief:

If you're going to overdramatize actions you should just go all out with it. Nobody likes a half-assed job.

I would put in alot but not have that be the whole point of the movie.

How about a zombie movie from the point of view of survivors who have locked themselves in an area?

Wouldn't be hard. One, maybe two pieces of scenery and maybe one costume change.

Top Bottom