Need help to create a new stand alone unit for a mod

Skippa

Noble
I've just gotten into changing textures using a dds converter and I have been able to create new skins put them in the Custom Assets folder and I get the desired results when I am replacing the skin of an existing unit.

Now I want to actually make a new unit. eg a melee unit using the warrior mesh and animations as a template.
I gave the unit a name (superwarrior) changed all the following xml files related to it (didn't change the text reference files yet though):

../civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
../Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
../units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml

I'm pretty sure that there must be an XML that specifies what dds file is used on the mesh but I can't find it. I only see the kfm and nif files specified in the Civ4ArtDefines_unit.xml. The only dds files seem to be the trails (aka dust ? ) used to show artillery / tank movement.

Please help me :confused:

Well I think I solved my own problem. Seems that units have an xml tag for early or modern era and that was still set to the original warrior file.
As for the NIF file specifying the dds file. Your guess is as good as mine.

I think these are questions we're all asking and the answer is always hvaing to wait for a NIF utility to be released that works with Civ4. :(

Just have to wait for the right tools to be released or see if you can bodge it with that Morrowind NIF tool.

EDIT: Ah. that'll teach me to take 30 mins to finally hit submit on that reply. :p

Top Bottom