Need Help With a New MOD

Crypticnight

Chieftain
Hello,
I am an artist by trade though my work experience with computer art is somewhat limited. I have been modding Civ IV for several months now, more or less trying to get a feel for XML and PYTHON so that I could make a version of the game that I have thought up. In that time, several ideas that I had were implemented in other mods, but over all my project is still different and I would like to complete it. The problem is that I have managed to grasp XML and am pretty functional in most areas of in game are, but I have not had the time or the patience to completely grasp PYTHON and I would really like to find some one or a group of people who would like to collaberate on this Mod with me. Perhaps If I had of posted my ideas earlier or shared some of the work that I have completed allready I would have allready made some friends but that is neither here nor there. Below you will find a description of what I am trying to accomplish, what I have completed , and what I am in need of. If anyone Is interested simply PM me:D

MISSION: To create a Mod based on the Ice Age Scenario, begining in 10,000 B.C and running to future times, Incorperating many new resources and a much larger tech tree. ( I have seen the Stone Ages Mod but mine is different)

I would like to include the following mods in this Project:
Unit Allegence w/ Slavery code
Ice Breaker
Training Barracks
Mercenary Mod
True Prophets
Caravans and Entertainers
Forestry or tree Nursery

As of Now I have completed the tech tree with all button art work, and most working as they are intended.

I have completed all the new resources (50 in total) including the buttons, xml and the model work. (Most are just reskins but I plan on redoing several completley now that I noticed there are some plugins I could use for 3d Max)

I have added Ice Breaker, Caravans & Entertainers, and Unit Allegence w/ slavery code to the True Prophets Mod.

I have added new religions that are researched instead of founded by prophets (This was done to take care of the problem with religions being founded so late in the game)

What I have left to do is:
-Figure out how to merge the rest of the mods listed above
-Figure out the new units that I will need to implement and or create
-Figure out a way to balance the mod with addition of so many new techs and resources (I have some ideals but do not know if they are really feasible)
-Write all of the pedia entries and quotes

What I need the most is some one who can help me with merging the Python files and possibly writing some new code to handle the health/happieness balance.

I appoligize for not listing all of the new Techs and Resources but If you are interested in helping I would be happy to send the list to you along with some pictures. If I can not find any help soon then it will not matter because I will just release them all seperately.

Any help and or suggestions would be greatly appriciated:)

Top Bottom