1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with broken overlays in Editor

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by tyroneslothrop, Nov 19, 2002.

1. tyroneslothrop

tyroneslothrop Chieftain

Somehow, I inadvertently shut off the overlays in the civ3 editor - I don't know how this happened. The problem is that I can't turn the overlays back on. I am running 1.29f. My example is below:

This a sample scenario with 5 goody huts surrounded by a ring of barbarian camps. Because I have "tile owner" mode turned on in the editor, its possible to see that there is barbarian-owned "stuff", but neither the hut nor the camp icons are visible on the map. However, opening this scenario in the actual game results in a completely normal scenario with huts and camps where they were originally placed.

Can anyone tell me how to get the overlays on?

2. Dragon King

Dragon King The Dragon Clan

Cant you just check overlays back on in the view menu. It sounds really easy, and if you cant there may be something hideously wrong with your editor. If thats the case cant you re-install it.

3. tyroneslothrop

tyroneslothrop Chieftain

Dragon King:

On the view menu? Are you sure it is supposed to be there?

This is eerie. My view menu doesn't have an "overlay" item. See:

4. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

Try hitting Ctrl-Shift-M

5. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

tyrone, I believe your problem is that you have "clean map" checked on the view menu. That option makes cities, units, overlays, etc. become invisible. I once reinstalled my entire game because I thought my editor was damaged, and that damned button was the culprit....