1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with BUG

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Crusader2010, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Crusader2010

Crusader2010 Chieftain

Hey guys. I've got a question about the BUG options screen. It has a tab related to "caveman2cosmos" with lots of options, but they never stay selected. I've tried modifying the .ini file directly but it makes no difference. Sometimes it even creates issues with loading the saved games and such.

Basically i'm asking how to save the options from the caveman2cosmos tab because they never seem to stick. For example i want to have that "resource bar" active but it never shows; same with hiding obsolete buildings or those that have been replaced; etc.

Also, does it create any issues if i save those .ini files and overwrite the folder after putting in new versions of the C2C mod? (i.e. is there something special that needs to be done in order to save the settings for each new SVN version of the mod that i decide to play with?)

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

1. Set your BUG options.
    2. Save the game.
    3. Save the game.

A few have this same problem that the options are not saved until you do the second save.

3. Crusader2010

Crusader2010 Chieftain

Thanks, i'll try this. It's a bit strange though, because i do remember saving it 2-3 times before actually exiting the game. I.e.: set options + play a bit + save the game + play more + save the game + play more + exit game. (and the options didn't stick).

Can i save those .ini files and copy them over on every version of the C2C mod, or do i need to set them up every time? are they on a per map basis, per saved game, what exactly?

thanks again

4. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

You can save the whole UserSettings folder and port it over to each version of C2C.
    And teh save, save is right after one another, no moving anything in between and no taking turns between saves either.

Cheers

5. Crusader2010

Crusader2010 Chieftain

Ok, i tried everything but i still cannot get the resource bar to show up. Indeed, by saving twice i got the rest of the options to stick (and i also had to use a new save game, because overwriting the first still did not work). The value shown in the .ini is "true" but i just cannot see the bar anywhere.

Can anyone post a screenshot of that bar so I can at least see how it should look? :)

There is also something very strange happening if I try to edit the .ini file manually. Every "carriage return + line feed" character gets removed, i.e. all the lines become one big one and every number gets messed up at the start of the word from the next line.

I also have to mention that this only happens to the RoMSettings.ini file! (i.e. the BUG options from the Caveman2cosmos tab).

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Resource Bar? There used to be a RoM resource table but it did not work with the number of resources that C2C has so it was removed.

7. Crusader2010

Crusader2010 Chieftain

Ah, that must be the case then - it was taken out. Too bad :cry:
    Thanks for the info!

8. Thrain II

Thrain II Chieftain

Another question regarding BUG options. I saw that more than half of the tabs 'disappeared' after the game progressed, for example I can't edit the number of civs shown in the list (right) anymore, nor can I change their current research from 'icon' to the 'name'. I find the icons very clumsy and hard to identify but now I can't change that into text anymore. How can I fix this? Thanks!

9. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Was this from Pit's UEM scenario? If so it's because he pre set the User Settings folder for his Set up.

Before you start a new c2C game, sans scenario, delete all contents/files/folders of your User Settings folder Except for the Custom Adv folder. Then after you have a New game running (ie 1st turn) go into BUG and reset all your favorite settings in All tabs, then Save game and Save game a 2nd time. When it asks to Overwrite you click Yes. This "locks" in your settings.

JosEPh