Need help with installing Civ4 for Vista

Bernhardt

Chieftain
EDIT: This is so embarrassing, I just needed to reboot my computer. You may delete this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

---

Hi there.

I did some searching on the subject (1 hour), but so far haven't found an actual fix for my problem. My problem is that I have Civilization Chronicles and the two expansions for Civilization 4. Now I'm trying to install Civilization 4 from Civilization Chronicles, but I get stuck in the very beginning of the installation.

The problem is that the installation program says I have to install DirectX 9 and something, eventhough I already have DirectX 10 from Windows Vista. By searching these forums I found out that I need to intall these DirectX 9 files anyway, because DirectX 10 isn't backwards compatable. The installation program doesn't let me, and just asks if I really want to cancel the installation.

I would like to know how I could force the installation program to understand that I do indeed want to install the DirectX 9 files. I can just try to install the files and make the installation program to ask me to cancel the installation, or just cancel it myself.

I saw that someone suggested running the installation on compatibility mode for Windows XP, and running it as the System Administrator, but it didn't help. I tried to run setup.exe and the autorun application, but with no luck.

I attached my system specs. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out by directing me to a proper source of information. Some source besides the official support system of the game please. :)

Thank you very much,

Bernhardt

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    34.8 KB · Views: 480
Top Bottom