Need help with mod - broke art and ruins

Rowanna Sands

Chieftain
Hey,
So I've been working on a personal mod for Civ 5 for a few months now. It's only for me and it's my first foot into civ mods and so I've been using a lot of bits of other people's code. I understand what I'm putting in except from the resource luas (I half understand it, I chose the one that made the most sense to me). Each time I did something new (added a resource, improvement) I would test it and so far it's been working. Because I had everything working and I was at a point where adding a new item the same way was fine I added a few things in one go.

I added: Resources - Mango, Lemon, Coffee, Olives, Tea, Sunflower; Improvements - Desert Fort and Desert Castle in Solaris and Cirra. I may also have added camel units in Solaris and Cirra, but I can't remember for sure.
I also added city state resource 'Peppercorns' and allowed terrains to pineapple, which fixed them simply not being placed before. However, I doubt these two changes are at all related.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with AssignStartingPlots. It was working fine before and I didn't change anything and also I tested the game without AssignStartingPlots and it didn't fix it.

Suddenly none of the custom graphics (resources, improvements) are appearing (they work fine and are there but are invisible) and ancient ruins have stopped appearing too (I'm using a civ where I can see the whole map from the start to test it so I'm 100% sure they aren't there). There also seems to be less resources in general generated

XML logs show nothing. Lua logs have stopped naming the luxury resources that the game provides when it makes a map and doesn't make the table saying how many are placed.

I'm sure I just made a typo in an art file or something like that, as improvements have turned invisible for me before. However, this time I cannot find it anywhere. I know the mod is a tiny bit messy, and I'll sort that all out at the end, but it should be organised enough for you to find the appropriate files easily. I did try moving all the art into one sql file AFTER the problem started. Don't know why I thought that would help. It shouldn't have broken anything but if it did the old files are still in there in 'Back Up'.

No chance of mod conflict problems. Only other mod I use is Custom Loading Screen so I can use mods multiplayer, but I'm testing with that off anyway.

If anyone is willing to provide a fresh pair of eyes or someone more experienced can tell me what stupid thing I did that would be so incredibly helpful. Thank you so much

Top Bottom